Students and teachers sing about govts new school food regulations.

But..but...Jamie Oliver said the kids wanted healthier food. At least that's what I heard through all the sobbing.

I have no problem with government setting guidelines. But when those guidelines take choice away from parents, then I have a big fucking problem with it.

Parents should always get to choose what their kids eat at school. Every day they should send requests for the meals to the school cafeterias, where whatever the parents what the school to make is made expressly for that child. To force them to eat from a limited selection of entrees chosen based on health and cost is just absurd.

Because that's obviously what I meant.:rolleyes: You don't even know when someone is on your side, do you?

I AGREE WITH GOVERNMENT SETTING NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOLS. However, those guidelines need to be made with the input of doctors and nutritionists, and should never take away a parents choice to send their kid to school with a home made lunch.

Chicago School Bans Brown Bag Lunches, But Is It for the Kids? | Chicago on GOOD

I see no problem with regulations on what type of food can be sold to the public, and what can be served in schools.

I do however believe a person should be able to grow and consume any food they want on their own property; including marijuana, and excluding heroin, cocaine, etc. These laws forbidding a person from drinking raw milked from their own cows is insane.

But...no problem at all with grocery stores and public schools having regulations on what they can sell.

Authoritarian drivel. The government isn't there to tell us how to eat.

When it's our tax dollars feeding our kids?

Why are our tax dollars feeding kids?

Forum List

Back