Students and teachers sing about govts new school food regulations.

I dont have a problem with making good nutrition a part of an overall education, especially at a taxpayer funded school.

Nutrition and obesity are huge problems we face. We have to fix it somehow.

I see no problem with regulations on what type of food can be sold to the public, and what can be served in schools.

I do however believe a person should be able to grow and consume any food they want on their own property; including marijuana, and excluding heroin, cocaine, etc. These laws forbidding a person from drinking raw milked from their own cows is insane.

But...no problem at all with grocery stores and public schools having regulations on what they can sell.

I see no problem with regulations on what type of food can be sold to the public, and what can be served in schools.

I do however believe a person should be able to grow and consume any food they want on their own property; including marijuana, and excluding heroin, cocaine, etc. These laws forbidding a person from drinking raw milked from their own cows is insane.

But...no problem at all with grocery stores and public schools having regulations on what they can sell.

Authoritarian drivel. The government isn't there to tell us how to eat.

When it's our tax dollars feeding our kids?

You don't like the idea of the schools serving nutritious lunches? Pack your kids' lunches....you can give them all the twinkies and deep fried butter you want.

You don't like the idea of the schools serving nutritious lunches? Pack your kids' lunches....you can give them all the twinkies and deep fried butter you want.

We don't need government to feed our kids either. Task them with that, and you get just this kind of shit - politicians deciding what we should eat.

Nutritional lunches are fine. But eating the right amount of calories is part of nutrition. Just cutting out calories is bad, they need to be good filling calories that have nutritional value. At 31 years old my fitness level requires I eat about 2700 calories a day, and that's just to maintain my weight.

This program was obviously crafted by someone who has no fucking clue about proper nutrition.

"OUR TAX DOLLARS" Only 50% of us can make that claim.

I don't have a problem with schools being directed to provide nutritious meals. We do have a problem with overweight kids. But parents should also be able to make that choice, and send lunches with their kids if they want. I don't believe anyone should be FORCED to feed their kids certain foods, or tell people what they can grow in their own gardens (including marijuana).

what if the person in charge becomes a full fledged vegetarian and wants all kids to be vegetarians? wnats you to become a vegetarian? is it okay for that person to make that decision.

Go fuck yourself twat. School taxes aren't just federal....EVERYONE IN MY STATE starts paying school taxes at the age of 18....even college students. So shut your ignorant pie hole.

Go fuck yourself twat. School taxes aren't just federal....EVERYONE IN MY STATE starts paying school taxes at the age of 18....even college students. So shut your ignorant pie hole.

The school lunch programs are federal twat.

otherwise stinky micheelle wouldn't be sticking her nose innit.

Last edited:

The school lunch programs are federal twat.

otherwise stinky micheelle wouldn't be sticking her nose innit.

Doesn't matter, does it?..you weren't talking about the guidelines...you were....big fucking surprise...talking...AGAIN....about taxpayers.

Public schools maybe but grocery stores no.

I do. You're pretty brave if you trust what the govt tells you to eat.

The free market should tell us how to eat. The food that children eat for lunch at school should not be determined by which options satisfy the criteria of health to the student and low cost to the school - it should instead be determined by whatever makes the most profit for private business interests. For what purpose do our public schools serve if not to get our children hooked on sugary beverages and nutritionless junk food before they're 10? Coca-Cola has to make money somehow, and to suggest that government should place the interest of our nation's school children above those of private profit interests is communism, pure and simple. Anyone who disagrees with me hates 'merica.

The free market should tell us how to eat. The food that children eat for lunch at school should not be determined by which options satisfy the criteria of health to the student and low cost to the school - it should instead be determined by whatever makes the most profit for private business interests. For what purpose do our public schools serve if not to get our children hooked on sugary beverages and nutritionless junk food before they're 10? Coca-Cola has to make money somehow, and to suggest that government should place the interest of our nation's school children above those of private profit interests is communism, pure and simple. Anyone who disagrees with me hates 'merica.

....except the government does not place our best interests at the helm. See national debt, massive spending, budget deficit etc but you fall for it every time.

....except the government does not place our best interests at the helm. See national debt, massive spending, budget deficit etc but you fall for it every time.
I know - that's what I'm saying. Private businesses cannot run debts that big. That's why they should decide what our children eat in school. Government has no business determining which foods are healthy for kids to eat because that's a matter of opinion and in a free market the most profitable opinions are the best.

Forum List

Back