Student Suspended For Gadsden Flag

A new meme is born:
IMG_4381.png

These "educators" say it's racist. What do you say?

That 12 year old is "based", as the kids would say. I wish educators were more well-rounded, but sadly, too many are not. The mom is right about the "Don't Tread On Me", flag, btw.

Sigh

How can a Gadsden flag be considered “racist?” What universe do our libturds live in?

And how can a school ban the display of one of our symbols, anyway? Don’t those shitheads have any grasp on our Freedom of Speech?

This little charter school in Colorado Springs owned many trends on Twitter yesterday. So look out liberals--your ignorance can be put on blast.

This is a great example of why we need to test every teacher in America... our kids are being educated by know nothings....

I'm with the parents, and Jaiden.

We all know that symbols can have their meanings change over time. A danger associated with that, though, is that it weakens our society and culture if we just allow bad actors to take over our important symbols. South Asians and Native Americans had their cultures weakened when the Nazis appropriated the swastika, and Scandinavian and Celtic cultures take a hit every time white supremacists use their sacred symbols to promote their hate groups. I really, really do not want to see that happen to the symbols associated with America's founding, but it will happen unless we defend them.

What I would hope these educators would do would be to use the whole ordeal as a teachable moment. Jaiden looks to be just the right age for his Social Studies teacher to begin a conversation about presentism, historical contingency, the importance of the era, and the nature of our resistance to British rule. Instead, it seems as if they are rolling over and showing their belly to administrative rules-makers.

Forum List

Back