"Stronger Together" is just as meaningless as "Yes we can".

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Liberals just love vague, feel good phrases. The problem is they don't mean it. Remember "Yes we can"? We can what? Takeover healthcare, inflame Racism and bash Cops? Yeah no joke as a country we are stronger together. That's exactly why Obama did everything he could to divide America. A weak America is good for the globalists.

What, and Make America Great Again is deeply meaningful?

They are campaign catchphrases. Liberal or conservative, centrist or extremist, they tend to be pretty meaningless fluff. :)

They are campaign catchphrases. Liberal or conservative, centrist or extremist, they tend to be pretty meaningless fluff. :)

Usually you're correct but this one by Hillary is a nice subtle counterpunch to the Trump campaign of exclusivity and aristrocracy.

Everytime I hear that gibberish I get angry. What she means is many of u work really hard and me and my possed will live very well by taking from u. Mmmmkay?

Liberals just love vague, feel good phrases. The problem is they don't mean it. Remember "Yes we can"? We can what? Takeover healthcare, inflame Racism and bash Cops? Yeah no joke as a country we are stronger together. That's exactly why Obama did everything he could to divide America. A weak America is good for the globalists.
Republicans with their 90% white trash racist party believes in "Make America Great Again" because they believe America has gone downhill because of what makes Democrats a coalition Party. America is already great. Not because of ignorant Republicans but in spite of them.

Usually you're correct but this one by Hillary is a nice subtle counterpunch to the Trump campaign of exclusivity and aristrocracy.

Neither phrase is particularly meaningful. How can they be? They are short little catchphrases. That Clinton's campaign may have tailored hers to counter the perceived failings of Trump or his campaign does not make it any better than any other political catchphrase. They are designed to draw interest, be easily remembered, and pander to the people they hope will vote for them.

Some may be better than others, but they are all still catchphrases. :dunno:

Neither phrase is particularly meaningful. How can they be? They are short little catchphrases. That Clinton's campaign may have tailored hers to counter the perceived failings of Trump or his campaign does not make it any better than any other political catchphrase. They are designed to draw interest, be easily remembered, and pander to the people they hope will vote for them.

Some may be better than others, but they are all still catchphrases. :dunno:

Correct.

We had one local guy running for school super intendent a few years back and he had the "cleverest" commercial I can remember. It was on the radio. There were 2 guys who were supposedly on his staff discussing their boss's (the candidate's) requirement for the commercial they were supposed to come up.

Dude one says, "I have a list from __________. We have to include these words in the new ad we're putting together."

Dude two says, "Let me look at the list." You hear paper ruffling...."There is only one word on the list; pocketbook."

"He wants us to mention "pocket book?"

"Yes. Apparently we can say whatever we want to the voters; as long as we mention the word "pocketbook" to them in the ad.

"How hard can it be to write "pocketbook" into the ad"

And it goes on like this for 30 seconds or so. They must have mentioned it 40 times... It was so popular that on the campaign signs I saw, the word "pocketbook" was larger than the candidate (whose name I cannot remember) name. But even the word, "pocketbook" is a subtle nod to the power of women in the process...otherwise it would be "wallet".

Forum List

Back