Striking Union Workers Hurl Racial Epithets

I am okay with whatever a labor union needs to do to prevent its being undermined and eliminated by the introduction of scabs.

So how about this scenario, a friend of mine used to work as the regional director of security for Safeway and when they had a strike he caught a union woker who had sabotaged a tractor trailer rig so that the trailer would pull free while driving down the road. Are you OK with that?
And there are some interesting stories of strikebreakers murdering the wives and children of striking mine workers in West Virginia. If you'd like to know the details Google up info on The Matewan Massacre. The bottom line in this argument is no unions have ever perpetrated the amount or the kind of violence on union busters as has collectively and historically been perpetrated against union members in the history of labor conflicts in America.

How many early Teamsters were crippled and beaten to death by company goons before Jimmy Hoffa made a deal with the devil and turned it around by bringing the Mafia in? Not a good thing, but necessary. If he hadn't done it the union movement might have been strangled in its crib and today's American worker would be on the same pay and benefit level as those in Mexico.

But I'm sure you don't believe all this -- or would rather not believe it.

So much for anecdotes.

Oh, no I understand the history, but as usual you folks can't think past your rhetoric and sense of feigned moral outrage at the scabs taking away your jobs. Here's a wakeup call fool, that trailer wouldn't have harmed a "scab", it would have harmed some completely innocent bystander, some wife driving her kids to school, some father on his way to work somewhere, and you want to know the really sad thing? The union prick thought it was completely OK to MURDER an innocent bystander.

What useless, heartless murdering pricks you all are. Unions are dying, not because of the reasons you cite, they are dying because they are inhabited by dinosaurs who think the world isn't a cause and effect system. They think that they can rail against the "man" and force their idiotic "work rules" down the throats of companies.

The companies have figured out they can just leave and you jerks whine and snivel and stomp your feet, instead of fixing the problem. Congrats, you are part of a dying breed. And I say good riddance.

What does the fact that you're now resorting to ad-hominem personal insults reveal?

The simple reality is you and a few others in this discussion are not the kind of men who could possibly belong to the kind of union which is most likely to engage in violent conduct if provoked, such as the ILA, UMW, Teamsters, etc. Because members of those unions are of a different type from you. They are violence-prone, you are not. You would not survive in the kind of work environment they function within.

Your comparatively timid nature is a simple fact of life and my acknowledging it is not intended to offend you. It simply means we are discussing a situation which you should not concern yourself with because it is well outside your sphere of existence.

So you're OK with the ILA, UMW and Teamsters using violence? Is that what you're saying?
I am okay with whatever a labor union needs to do to prevent its being undermined and eliminated by the introduction of scabs.

Then you're a fucking scumbag.

[...]

And as far as my "timid nature" goes, I will grant you I do not associate with mindless jackasses who go around swilling beer and beating people up in a gang.
Who are these "mindless, beer-swilling jackasses?" If that is what you believe to be the stereotype of all labor union members you have revealed a basic ignorance and you really shouldn't be talking about something you know so little about.

That much is very true. I have however, been to more shitholes around the planet and been shot at by far more people then you ever will. Timid doesn't describe me well at all.
Really? What are you, an international soldier of fortune or some kind of 007 character? Please flesh out this exciting profile with some details. You've got us all interested now.

With such an exciting background I'm surprised you have the slightest interest in such a relatively dull subject as some name-calling associated with a local union conflict.

So how about this scenario, a friend of mine used to work as the regional director of security for Safeway and when they had a strike he caught a union woker who had sabotaged a tractor trailer rig so that the trailer would pull free while driving down the road. Are you OK with that?
And there are some interesting stories of strikebreakers murdering the wives and children of striking mine workers in West Virginia. If you'd like to know the details Google up info on The Matewan Massacre. The bottom line in this argument is no unions have ever perpetrated the amount or the kind of violence on union busters as has collectively and historically been perpetrated against union members in the history of labor conflicts in America.

How many early Teamsters were crippled and beaten to death by company goons before Jimmy Hoffa made a deal with the devil and turned it around by bringing the Mafia in? Not a good thing, but necessary. If he hadn't done it the union movement might have been strangled in its crib and today's American worker would be on the same pay and benefit level as those in Mexico.

So much for anecdotes.

Oh, no I understand the history, but as usual you folks can't think past your rhetoric and sense of feigned moral outrage at the scabs taking away your jobs. Here's a wakeup call fool, that trailer wouldn't have harmed a "scab", it would have harmed some completely innocent bystander, some wife driving her kids to school, some father on his way to work somewhere, and you want to know the really sad thing? The union prick thought it was completely OK to MURDER an innocent bystander.

What useless, heartless murdering pricks you all are. Unions are dying, not because of the reasons you cite, they are dying because they are inhabited by dinosaurs who think the world isn't a cause and effect system. They think that they can rail against the "man" and force their idiotic "work rules" down the throats of companies.

The companies have figured out they can just leave and you jerks whine and snivel and stomp your feet, instead of fixing the problem. Congrats, you are part of a dying breed. And I say good riddance.
For your information I've been retired since 1984 and, as previously explained, the only union I ever belonged to was a relatively innocuous civil service organization, hardly comprised of any "murdering pricks." But the more you say the more convinced I am that you are a brainwashed right-wing parrot who talks out of his ass.

I believe you are pissed off at unions because you tried to join one but couldn't.

If you are opposed to people being beaten up and murdered in union conflicts you really should endeavor to educate yourself on the history of labor unions in America. Because the occurence of violence in these conflicts is not one-sided. Far from it.

You've already explained how union thugs were forced to beat up "scabs," as you call them. The fact is all the violence was union instigated. Union thugs think they are free to trespass on private property, and then when security attempts to evict them, then they start beating the security personnel, the later have "instigated" the violence.

If you'd like to read about it tell me and I'll post a list of books..

I've already read all the commie propaganda about unions i care to read.

If you don't wish to read I'll post a list of movies which are entertaining as well as very educational.

And they are also complete bullshit commie propaganda.

[...]

And as far as my "timid nature" goes, I will grant you I do not associate with mindless jackasses who go around swilling beer and beating people up in a gang.
Who are these "mindless, beer-swilling jackasses?" If that is what you believe to be the stereotype of all labor union members you have revealed a basic ignorance and you really shouldn't be talking about something you know so little about.

That much is very true. I have however, been to more shitholes around the planet and been shot at by far more people then you ever will. Timid doesn't describe me well at all.
Really? What are you, an international soldier of fortune or some kind of 007 character? Please flesh out this exciting profile with some details. You've got us all interested now.

With such an exciting background I'm surprised you have the slightest interest in such a relatively dull subject as some name-calling associated with a local union conflict.

Most of my family are beer swilling union jackasses, most of them Teamsters though a coupl are are UAW. No I'm an environmental geologist who goes around fixing other peoples problems and screwups. Unfortunately that took me into many, many areas where banditry and mayhem were common. I allways went well armed. No hero, no agent of fortune, just a working stiff working in bad bad places.

So much for anecdotes.

For your information I've been retired since 1984 and, as previously explained, the only union I ever belonged to was a relatively innocuous civil service organization, hardly comprised of any "murdering pricks." But the more you say the more convinced I am that you are a brainwashed right-wing parrot who talks out of his ass.

I believe you are pissed off at unions because you tried to join one but couldn't.

Oh no, I could have quite easily joined the Teamsters, I had better things to do. Your continued use of the term scab exposes you for the brainwashed union zealot you are. A "scab" is a clot on the skin that helps a wound heal, not a worker fending for his or her family.

Thanks for playing but I know more history then you ever will as well, like how the UAW workers (in defiance of their union bosses and political supporters to their credit) struck the various defence plants in Michigan and elsewhere during WWII, yeah real patriots you clowns are. Ypsilanti had a rather interesting outcome however when a USAAF detachment getting ready to ship out to go fight and die, kicked the ever loving shit out of a bunch of strikers at the B-24 bomber plant.

Remember that one? Get used to it, those times are coming again.

SCAB WORKERS and the management that hires them deserves no sympathy.

So you also believe it's OK to assault people simply because they are willing to work?

I believe that crossing a picket line is a very bad idea.

It's rather like insinuating yourself in a family squabble.

I completely understand that you disagree, of course.

We come at social science with very different POVs.

I support unionism and the right to collective bargaining.

You don't.

There's really not much else to say, is there?

We don't have enough common ground to even debate the issue.

What does the fact that you're now resorting to ad-hominem personal insults reveal?

The simple reality is you and a few others in this discussion are not the kind of men who could possibly belong to the kind of union which is most likely to engage in violent conduct if provoked, such as the ILA, UMW, Teamsters, etc. Because members of those unions are of a different type from you. They are violence-prone, you are not. You would not survive in the kind of work environment they function within.

Your comparatively timid nature is a simple fact of life and my acknowledging it is not intended to offend you. It simply means we are discussing a situation which you should not concern yourself with because it is well outside your sphere of existence.

So you're OK with the ILA, UMW and Teamsters using violence? Is that what you're saying?
What gives a union member more right to work than a non-union member?

So much for anecdotes.
All you've got is old history to back up your claims. We have current events.

obama011.jpg

SCAB WORKERS and the management that hires them deserves no sympathy.

So you also believe it's OK to assault people simply because they are willing to work?
Your rather stupid comments are a waste of time and space. So off you go to the Ignore list with the rest of the belligerent adolescents and shit-slinging monkeys.

Ahhhh, the po witto union thug who likes to beat people up is upset by some piddly little words.

So much for anecdotes.
Mike..no matter what excuse you use for union thuggery, the bottom line is YOU ARE WRONG.
Your attitude is one of the main reasons why a vast majority of the American people are anti-union.
Digging up shit that happened long ago when the situation was much different is useless.
You are making up excuses for barbarism.
You union people claim the right to bargain. You do not bargain. You threaten and coerce. When you don't get what you want, you vandalize property and batter people. At that point you lose the label of striking worker and become a criminal.
It is time we went back to a system where union workers who do these things are prosecuted to full extent of the law.
Better still, the union is kicked out for good.
BTW, I have some great news. That NLRB suit against Boeing is a LOSER!!!!!
The NLRB an unelected accountable to no one body is going to get defanged. The NLRB should have let this one go. Now they will lose their power to regulate business.

Last edited:
Say it aint so!

Union thugs pissed that because they were stupid and greedy got replaced by ANOTHER AMERICAN WHO NEEDED A JOB deserve what they get.
What do you mean by "stupid and greedy?" Can you document that accusation with facts and figures or is it just something you were told by the unholy trinity of Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity?

A "replacement worker" is better known as a scab and the introduction of scabs is the primary cause of violence in labor conflicts.

What you don't understand is once a union is busted by the introduction of scab labor, which is compensated at a reduced hourly wage, the unprotected scab workers are at the mercy of the company, a circumstance they, themselves, have created by their willingness to nudge union workers out of their jobs. They will soon learn that whatever wage they started with will soon be trimmed at company discretion, their jobs will get harder and harder, and if they don't like it they will quickly see that scabs can be scabbed a lot easier than can organized union workers.

The ultimate effect of scab labor is reduced wages and widespread elimination of all benefits and worker protections.

The bottom line is unions have thorns but in the long run they are the bedrock of the middle class

wow...what is this the early 1900's?

First of all...that scab has the right to walk off the job if he finds the job gets harder and harder.
Secondly....do you think unions are the reason any given company has a worker protection?

Sure...they started it years ago...but since we have HR and OSHA laws that govern safety in the workplace.

Wow...I mean.....really? You think a company can make a 12 year old climb a rickety 100 foot ladder if there is not a union present?

Wow.

Forum List

Back