Striking Union Workers Hurl Racial Epithets

I'm sorry, what were the blacks calling you at that picket line? You have a history of oppression, genocide, rape, murder, you name it. There is No place on earth, you people haven't gone and created destruction in your wake. Need proof? name a country of color, that you HAVEN'T fucked over. Keep in mind, the first blacks that arrived here, didn't book a cruise.

I guess you don't get out much or read much do you? Here's a clue moron, blacks do it to. To each other. I've been all over Africa and it is a shit hole thanks to the corrupt pricks who run it. It is one of the richest continents on the planet and could be an economic powerhouse if only the pricks who run it would let the people get educated. Guess what, they don't want that, they'd rather see them poor, stupid and uneducated.

Grow the fuck up.

"The Rwandan Genocide was the 1994 mass murder of an estimated 800,000 people in the small East African nation of Rwanda. Over the course of approximately 100 days (from the assassination of Juvénal Habyarimana and Cyprien Ntaryamira on April 6) through mid-July, over 500,000 people were killed, according to a Human Rights Watch estimate.[1] Estimates of the death toll have ranged between 500,000 and 1,000,000,[2] or as much as 20% of the country's total population. It was the culmination of longstanding ethnic competition and tensions between the minority Tutsi, who had controlled power for centuries, and the majority Hutu peoples, who had come to power in the rebellion of 1959–62 and overthrown the Tutsi monarchy.[3]

In 1990, the Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF), a rebel group composed mostly of Tutsi refugees, invaded northern Rwanda from Uganda in an attempt to defeat the Hutu-led government. They began the Rwandan Civil War, fought between the Hutu regime, with support from Francophone Africa and France,[4][5] and the RPF, with support from Uganda. This exacerbated ethnic tensions in the country. In response, many Hutu gravitated toward the Hutu Power ideology, with the prompting of state-controlled and independent Rwandan media.

As an ideology, Hutu Power asserted that the Tutsi intended to enslave the Hutu and must be resisted at all costs. Continuing ethnic strife resulted in the rebels' displacing large numbers of Hutu in the north, plus periodic localized Hutu killings of Tutsi in the south. International pressure on the Hutu-led government of Juvénal Habyarimana resulted in a cease-fire in 1993. He began to implement the Arusha Accords.

The assassination of Habyarimana in April 1994 set off a violent reaction, resulting in the Hutus' conducting mass killings of Tutsis and pro-peace Hutus, who were portrayed as "traitors" and "collaborationists". This genocide had been planned by members of the Hutu power group known as the Akazu, many of whom occupied positions at top levels of the national government; the genocide was supported and coordinated by the national government as well as by local military and civil officials and mass media. Alongside the military, primary responsibility for the killings themselves rests with two Hutu militias that had been organized for this purpose by political parties: the Interahamwe and the Impuzamugambi, although once the genocide was underway a great number of Hutu civilians took part in the murders.

It was the end of the peace agreement. The Tutsi RPF restarted their offensive, defeating the army and seizing control of the country."

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great post Westy.

Africa is a beautiful land abounding with natural rescourses and a ready made workforce.

Very few companies will go there and invest because the Govt's change just like you and I change our shorts.

Its too bad and such a shame for the people who live there.

What a wealthy place it could be if not for the pricks who run vast parts of it.

Last edited:
White people are white people, what do you expect?
That is an overt racially biased comment. But I am White and it doesn't bother me a bit. In fact you can call me all the racially derogating words and names you wish and I will laugh in your face. Because I am content with what I am and nothing you can say can change that. And when you reach the same state of mind you will have thrown off the yoke of self-pitying, self-hating misery that holds you back.

"The American negro will not truly be free until the word ****** no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin; speaking at Columbia University, December, 1964.)

You may not have wherever you're living. That doesn't mean that there are more people from the south that are not racist. I was born and raised in TX. I have lived in CT for the last 15 years. I rarely hear the word "******" around here. Down in TX, I heard it all the time. Whenever I visit TX, I hear it some more.

I'm not saying that there are no racists up north or no racist Dems. But from my experience, it is more prevalent down south. By the way, how do you know the union workers are all Dems?

I live in Fla. I never hear the N word. Unless it is a black who uses it then they say "we use it with affection" I just smile and nod. Can you tell us why all the major race riots happen to take place in liberalland? HUH?

Do you not study American History? This seems to be a running theme with you tea party people.

facts,, they bad.. huh?

You still havn't answered the question of if violence is OK to use against people going to work.
To pose the question in such simplistic and diluted form indicates that you don't understand the situation. So I'll explain it.

My understanding of the news report is the striking employees are unionized and have a contract which is under renewal. All of the renewal terms have been agreed on but the union's lawyer has found language in the terms submitted by the company which would permit arbitrary dismissal (layoff) and replacement of union workers, thereby enabling the company to gradually replace the entire union work force with non-union (scab) labor. The union is demanding removal of those terms and the company has not only refused but has commenced to exercise the proposed intention by bringing in scabs in conflict with terms of the existing contract.

This is boldface union busting. So the situation is not as simple as you either think it is or are trying to present it as.

I think that is a yes, Westwall.

Immie

I grew up in the city of Boston and lived there my entire life until I moved to Charlotte four years ago. I've stated more than once on this forum, in discussions relating to racism and bigotry, that since living in the south I have never heard the word ****** used more than I did from those good ole union Democrats back in Massachusetts.

Bigotry and racism have no political boundaries, folks. The partisans here who like to consistently pin this behavior on Republicans, conservatives, and the tea party crowd ought to open their eyes and wise up.

You may not have wherever you're living. That doesn't mean that there are more people from the south that are not racist. I was born and raised in TX. I have lived in CT for the last 15 years. I rarely hear the word "******" around here. Down in TX, I heard it all the time. Whenever I visit TX, I hear it some more.

I'm not saying that there are no racists up north or no racist Dems. But from my experience, it is more prevalent down south. By the way, how do you know the union workers are all Dems?

I live in Fla. I never hear the N word. Unless it is a black who uses it then they say "we use it with affection" I just smile and nod. Can you tell us why all the major race riots happen to take place in liberalland? HUH?

I live in Tampa and I have to say it, my previous employers used the word all the time. Of course, it was never in front of the minority staff, but they used it regularly. They thought it was funny too.

Immie

I live in Georgia, as deep south as you can get and I do not hear that N word unless its one black saying it to another period. Its not used and all out lie

You still havn't answered the question of if violence is OK to use against people going to work.
To pose the question in such simplistic and diluted form indicates that you don't understand the situation. So I'll explain it.

My understanding of the news report is the striking employees are unionized and have a contract which is under renewal. All of the renewal terms have been agreed on but the union's lawyer has found language in the terms submitted by the company which would permit arbitrary dismissal (layoff) and replacement of union workers, thereby enabling the company to gradually replace the entire union work force with non-union (scab) labor. The union is demanding removal of those terms and the company has not only refused but has commenced to exercise the proposed intention by bringing in scabs in conflict with terms of the existing contract.

This is boldface union busting. So the situation is not as simple as you either think it is or are trying to present it as.

So by your definition (and I assume those of your brother union types) feel that workers who are not part of the Union are "scabs" and are therefore legitimate targets for organised violence by your fellow union brothers. That about cover it?

Immie

Yes, I think you are correct. He of course is too cowardly to just admit he and his union brothers feel perfectly allright physically harming people who just wish to go to work. The SEIU is trying to make inroads in northern Nevada but so far, thankfully, they have been rejected.

They are ruining Las Vegas though. We here in the north are getting a lot of business because the convention folks are tired of the union in LV.

non-union workers during a strike are referred to as 'scab' workers. That term does not generally apply to non-strike times.

So by your definition (and I assume those of your brother union types) feel that workers who are not part of the Union are "scabs" and are therefore legitimate targets for organised violence by your fellow union brothers. That about cover it?
I've belonged to only one union in my life, the AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees), which consists of many chapters, mine being among the smallest. The dues were nominal and in the twenty-six years I worked for the New York City Department of Law I never heard of a major union/management conflict. But we knew that was because of the union.

For the majority of its members the major benefit of belonging to that union were the eyeglass program and the catastrophic medical supplement, neither of which I ever needed. The only union/management concern I ever heard of was that of preventing favoritism in promotions and assignments, and those concerns typically amounted to a lot of inconsequential bickering and nothing more. So I can honestly say I was not and am not a "union brother" in the most familiar sense of the term.

My present interest in labor unions, such as the AF of L, ILA, UMW, Teamsters, et.al., derives from my study of their history and awareness of their important and powerful influence on the social fabric of this Nation. While I know there is corruption in some unions, and that some unions are simply inadequate in their very purpose, I also know that the fault for this, as with the fault for similar problems in federal, state and local governments, lies with the members (voters) who tend to become apathetic and/or complacent during easy times and allow corruption to take form. Most importantly I know that were it not for the union movement there would be no middle class and contemporary working Americans would be on a par with those in Mexico.

What I am concerned with of late is the surprisingly large number of under-thirty Americans whose parents have raised them in a middle class environment and have done so because of wage levels which were (are) the direct result of the union movement, yet they have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by corporatist puppets and have adopted an anti-union bias. They seem to think their parents' middle class status came about as the result of corporate generosity and benevolence rather than the blood, sweat and tears of those who got the movement off the ground.

As far as the issue of violence is concerned, some things are inherently wrong and one example of a significant wrong is the recruitment of scab labor in an effort to purge union employees. This is a very aggressive action, which is why it sometimes provokes a violent reaction.

Those Americans who are innately opposed to violence should remember that oppressive policies led to a violent confrontation some years back which ultimately resulted in the conversion of thirteen British colonies into a Union of Thirteen United American States.

So violence seems to be an occasional necessity where unions are concerned.

Last edited:

Immie

Yes, I think you are correct. He of course is too cowardly to just admit he and his union brothers feel perfectly allright physically harming people who just wish to go to work. The SEIU is trying to make inroads in northern Nevada but so far, thankfully, they have been rejected.

[...]
What does the fact that you're now resorting to ad-hominem personal insults reveal?

The simple reality is you and a few others in this discussion are not the kind of men who could possibly belong to the kind of union which is most likely to engage in violent conduct if provoked, such as the ILA, UMW, Teamsters, etc. Because members of those unions are of a different type from you. They are violence-prone, you are not. You would not survive in the kind of work environment they function within.

Your comparatively timid nature is a simple fact of life and my acknowledging it is not intended to offend you. It simply means we are discussing a situation which you should not concern yourself with because it is well outside your sphere of existence.

Police confirm racial incidents at sugar plant - Houston Chronicle

That's because the majority of union fucks are (literally) retarded.

Why do you think they need a "union" in the first place??

Do you think these apes could last a day in a non-union job?

These motherfuckers should be flipping burgers not working on complex projects...

Not to mention they're lazy drunks....

Here you go:

NY's Dumbest; NYC sanitation workers destroy a Ford Expediton - YouTube

You'd think he'd say: "gee I think I'm fucking someones car up, we better stop" - No that union motherfucker said "Get me the fuck out of here I'm done with this shit, let the city pay for it - I'm union anyways"
How do you know the operator of that machine is a union member?

How do you know he is a New York City employee?

The fact is he probably isn't either.

During major snowstorms the City hires independent (temp) contractors to supplement the Sanitation Department. If one owns a front-loader and has a license to operate it one can earn a very nice hourly wage when it snows in NYC. So it's likely that the operator in the video is accustomed to digging out swimming pools and basement pits and working in snow is new to him. Also, whoever filmed and titled the video doesn't know what he/she is talking about, because if the machine in the video belonged to the NYC Sanitation Department it would be painted white.

So your bitter condemnation of unions and their members is badly misplaced.

White people are white people, what do you expect?
That is an overt racially biased comment. But I am White and it doesn't bother me a bit. In fact you can call me all the racially derogating words and names you wish and I will laugh in your face. Because I am content with what I am and nothing you can say can change that. And when you reach the same state of mind you will have thrown off the yoke of self-pitying, self-hating misery that holds you back.

"The American negro will not truly be free until the word ****** no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin; speaking at Columbia University, December, 1964.)

Since I'm racist it seems logical that I would make "overt racially biased comments". I always find it funny that white people think that every black racist is being held back. You have no clue. No clue at all, but thanks for the advice Dr Phil.

I don't. I know party affiliation doesn't make you less of a Bigot. In fact I don't trust most of you any farther than I can throw you. My wife is white. Her family is democrat. They didn't speak to her for seven years, just for "DATING" me. When they finally DID open a channel, they chastised HER, for her disloyalty. I've still never met them in person, because it's forbidden by her mother. I never make excuses for white people, for they have none.

Yeah, just like black people have no reason.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72b5UupN-Nw]African American singer Jill Scott doesn't like interracial dating - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sorry, what were the blacks calling you at that picket line? You have a history of oppression, genocide, rape, murder, you name it. There is No place on earth, you people haven't gone and created destruction in your wake. Need proof? name a country of color, that you HAVEN'T fucked over. Keep in mind, the first blacks that arrived here, didn't book a cruise.
Stop living in the past. No American alive today was a slave. No American alive today owned slaves.

That's just a crutch to blame personal failures on.

Do you not study American History? This seems to be a running theme with you tea party people.

facts,, they bad.. huh?

Yeah, facts are bad to you. Study the history of race riots in this country.

What do you mean by "stupid and greedy?" Can you document that accusation with facts and figures or is it just something you were told by the unholy trinity of Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity?

A "replacement worker" is better known as a scab and the introduction of scabs is the primary cause of violence in labor conflicts.

What you don't understand is once a union is busted by the introduction of scab labor, which is compensated at a reduced hourly wage, the unprotected scab workers are at the mercy of the company, a circumstance they, themselves, have created by their willingness to nudge union workers out of their jobs. They will soon learn that whatever wage they started with will soon be trimmed at company discretion, their jobs will get harder and harder, and if they don't like it they will quickly see that scabs can be scabbed a lot easier than can organized union workers.

The ultimate effect of scab labor is reduced wages and widespread elimination of all benefits and worker protections.

The bottom line is unions have thorns but in the long run they are the bedrock of the middle class

Aw, boo hoo! fuck a union faggot! You bitches thought you were better than the average worker, when times were good...then scott walker hit. Now we're supposed to be a united front? Fuck you AND the horse you rode in on. There was a time where you wouldn't let a regular worker eat the peanuts from your shit, much less help him get a foothold in your precious union. It was like some secret club or something. You dickheads blocked out people who just wanted to be able to have a life they could be proud of (like you had). But they weren't good enough in your eyes. Well now the other shoe has dropped, by your own hand no less. What could have been stronger with those "*******" at your side is now being toppled by those "*******" you shunned, because what they'll get for regular labor, is more than they got elsewhere and it's all thanks to YOU! You didn't protect the "*******" so they don't protect you. The worm has turned.
I don't understand what you're complaining about. Are you saying there are no Blacks in unions? While that sort of exclusion might have been common back in the Jim Crow era it certainly is no longer true. One example is the civil service union I belonged to for 26 years in which the number of Black members exceeded the 13% U.S. Census ratio. But that is beside the point I wish to make, which is you apparently don't understand why union-busting hurts everyone in the long run.

If a unionized worker earns $25 an hour and a scab is willing to work for $20 an hour, that's how much the scab will earn until the union is effectively eliminated. Then the "trimming" begins and it continues, little by little, until the scab is making $10 an hour, with zero benefits and no time-and-a-half for overtime, holidays or weekends, and the job keeps getting harder and harder. And if the scab doesn't like it there always are more scabs.

The bottom line is the ultimate effect of union-busting is everybody loses in the end -- except the bosses. So rather than seeking racist revenge by scabbing union jobs it makes more sense to support unions and work your way into one.
Is that supposed to justify union thug violence?

Because it doesn't.

Stop living in the past. No American alive today was a slave. No American alive today owned slaves.

That's just a crutch to blame personal failures on.

What if I don't have any personal failures?

Forum List

Back