Strikethroughs

Humorme

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2017
What's up with the strikethroughs? A lot my posts are getting strikethroughs so that you cannot read the posting. These happen as soon as I post and no amount of editing eliminates it.

Strikethroughs happen on links, personal observations, etc... in other words, it is not material subject to being filtered. It's not related to the size of the posting either. What's happening?

What's up with the strikethroughs? A lot my posts are getting strikethroughs so that you cannot read the posting. These happen as soon as I post and no amount of editing eliminates it.

Strikethroughs happen on links, personal observations, etc... in other words, it is not material subject to being filtered. It's not related to the size of the posting either. What's happening?
There's something wrong with your keyboard?

didnt do it on this one :D

I've had that problem. It happens when one uses certain words that are "reserved" (?) because they are "instruction" words in XenForo or something. You'll find some "scoop" on it in a couple posts in this thread -- Trump refused to use the term "radical Islamic Terrorists" in Saudi Arabia. If you search the web, you'll find some discussion on the matter of "reserved" words that trigger "unexpected" outcomes when they are used in a post. AFAIK, however, USMB's management does not publish the list of "reserved" words, so users here won't know about them unless they just happen somehow to know. (To get a sense of what reserved word are, you may care to check this: Reserved Keywords (Transact-SQL). It applies to SQL, but the idea is the same.)

There are ways to tweak around it, but a competent/experienced web tech on their staff is necessary. Mandatory, even.

vBulletin for the win....

• Banned

There's something wrong with your keyboard?

No, Keyboard works fine everywhere but here.

• Banned
Here is what I posted twice that had strikethroughs. I'll see if it does it on this thread:
n District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Supreme Court undertook its first-ever "in-depth examination" of the second amendment's meaning Id. at 635. After a lengthy historical discussion, the Court ultimately concluded that the second amendment "guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation" (id. at 592); that "central to" this right is "the inherent right of self-defense"(id. at 628)"

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia
danielpalos, Unless you have a United States Supreme Court ruling after 2008, you are clearly wrong. See my previous post.

Okay, it didn't do it on this thread, but did it TWICE on another thread and that wasn't the only posting on that thread that it did strikethroughs on. I'm thinking a mod or admin has done something with a moderation feature on that threat and don't know it. BTW I cut and pasted that quote from the original post with the strikethroughs in it.

Forum List

Back