STRIKE: 46,000 shut down 33 manufacturing plants and 22 parts distribution warehouses.

The US gave tax cuts to GM so wouldnā€™t go out of business. GM made billions and billions of dollars last year in profit. The workers wanna share some of that profit. Republicans say of the workers fuck you. You donā€™t get shit.

Republicans are always on the side of business and never on the side of regular Americans.
Even Republicans who arenā€™t wealthy are on the side of the corporations.

This is a classic example where a Union and the Company thst employs those workers refuse to work together to meet everyoneā€™s needs. These situations are what give Union-Management relations a bad name. Thatā€™s unfortunate because if they work together theyā€™d both get more of what they want.
You automatically assume itā€™s the workers who are wrong. If they listen to you there would be no 40 hour work week, no paid vacations, no healthcare, no benefits at all. And theyā€™ve been making a slave wage.

The government has no business mandating those things.
Duh! That didnā€™t come from government, that came from workers fighting for rights. How can you not know that?
Donā€™t you guys know anything?

They only pay 4 percent of their healthcare costs.
They are striking to pay less than that. Lol
What a big group of losers

That's not the way I read it. There is nothing in the link to suggest that Union workers want to pay less than they currently pay; instead, management wants the workers to pay more. This is from the last paragraph in the OP's Link:

ā€œUnion members have great health insurance plans and workers pay about 4% of the cost. Employees at large firms nationwide pay about 34%, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Automakers would like to cut costs.ā€

Learn to fucking read Sherlock.

She said workers gave up cost-of-living pay raises to help GM get through bankruptcy, and workers want some of that back now that the company is in the black.

They also want to pay less in healthcare costs.
Go piss up a rope, faggot.
Employees at large firms nationwide pay about 34%, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Automakers would like to cut costs.

By making workers pay more for their healthcare.
So they are complaining because they only have to pay 4% when the average employed American pays 34% of the cost, according to you, and donā€™t want to have to pay more. They sound like spoiled brats...

That's not the way I read it. There is nothing in the link to suggest that Union workers want to pay less than they currently pay; instead, management wants the workers to pay more. This is from the last paragraph in the OP's Link:

ā€œUnion members have great health insurance plans and workers pay about 4% of the cost. Employees at large firms nationwide pay about 34%, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Automakers would like to cut costs.ā€
One of them said that in an interview. I saw it this morning on the news.

It takes less than 33 man hours to build a car or truck! So even if the workers pay
+ benefits = $100/hr, they would only cost $3,300 at most to build, Why does it cost $80,000 to buy a truck!!! CEO Wagoner & his corporate cronies got $Billions for driving GM into Bankruptcy!!!

This is ludicrous-
One temporary worker at a GM plant, a materials driver, spoke on the condition of anonymity, fearing he could be fired for speaking to the media.

"I only work on Saturdays and I get the full health care benefits. It's not the same as a permanent person gets, but it's no cost out of my pocket and a $2,000 deductible," said the worker. "It's the reason I became a temp, in the hopes of becoming a permanent."

The 36-year-old man makes $15.75 an hour. He has a full-time other job in sales at a local beverage company. There, he makes $50,000 a year, but he puts a lot of mileage on his car and he had been paying $420 a month to carry insurance for his family, with a $2,700 deductible.

If GM hired him, his hourly wage would go up to $22 an hour, he said, which is less than his salary at his current job. But better health care benefits and less wear and tear on his car would make it worth it, he said.

UAW members: What we really want in our new contract with the Detroit 3

So, he works one day a week and gets health insurance, and pays nothing, yet he complains.

This is a classic example where a Union and the Company thst employs those workers refuse to work together to meet everyoneā€™s needs. These situations are what give Union-Management relations a bad name. Thatā€™s unfortunate because if they work together theyā€™d both get more of what they want.
You automatically assume itā€™s the workers who are wrong. If they listen to you there would be no 40 hour work week, no paid vacations, no healthcare, no benefits at all. And theyā€™ve been making a slave wage.

The government has no business mandating those things.
Duh! That didnā€™t come from government, that came from workers fighting for rights. How can you not know that?
Donā€™t you guys know anything?

So I can hire someone make them work 80 hours and give them straight pay?

You gotta love the republican ā€œfuck the workerā€ attitude.

Especially since most of them are workers themselves.

You canā€™t be serious. One of the workers is complaining because he is a temp working 1 day a week, and only gets free healthcare premiums. He wants more. Lol

No. I assume itā€™s both sides; mostly because thatā€™s what Iā€™ve seen in my own personal experiences and the experiences of family members.

Iā€™m IN a Union. Iā€™ve been a Union officer. Iā€™ve negotiated 4 contracts in the last 12 years. I have a little experience with this stuff.

One of them said that in an interview. I saw it this morning on the news.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info.

It takes less than 33 man hours to build a car or truck! So even if the workers pay
+ benefits = $100/hr, they would only cost $3,300 at most to build, Why does it cost $80,000 to buy a truck!!! CEO Wagoner & his corporate cronies got $Billions for driving GM into Bankruptcy!!!
You didnā€™t seriously just say that, like that is the only cost of a vehicle...

You canā€™t be serious. One of the workers is complaining because he is a temp working 1 day a week, and only gets free healthcare premiums. He wants more. Lol
So he should be excited to only be a temp making $120 a week? He don't need to eat, pay rent, have electricity, water, sewer, or a car! Heat and AC are just a luxury he don't deserve! Workers should live in squalor!

Last edited:

So he should be excited to only be a temp making $120 a week?
He should be grateful he has free healthcare, which his temp employer pays for fully along with his paycheck. And your math skills are really screwed.

And theyā€™ve been making a slave wage.

What kind of a slave gets paid a wage, Troll King? $30 an hour doesnā€™t sound like a slave to me.

And this is why companies move their manufacturing plants overseas
The CEO of General Motors gets over $20 million A fucking year which is nearly 300 times what the average worker makes.

The problem with Republicans is they think the average worker makes too much and the CEO doesnā€™t make enough.

If CEOs said they were going to start their own union, Republicans would endorse it.

main-qimg-c15ce25913228bd275ddb72fc5b7ee6b-c

When you walk off of a job you're no longer a worker

Anyone who walks off the job should be shit canned

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back