Stranger waiting in line behind Texas teacher pays for her school supplies

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Like I said, the racism and segregation is predominantly in the blue states.

SAN ANTONIO -- Sabrina Drude was doing what many teachers do before the start of the school year -- shopping for supplies for her students -- when she noticed a man standing in line at Wal-Mart examining her items.

With a cart full of hundreds of notebooks, pencils and markers, the seventh grade teacher was anticipating an eye roll or two as she checked out.

Instead, she got a question, several actually. The man behind her, noticing she didn’t have any children with her, asked her why she needed the supplies.

The teacher at Francis Scobee Middle School in San Antonio, Texas, explained that she teaches in a very low socioeconomic area where kids can’t always afford what their peers can.

Touched by the woman’s kind gesture, the man offered to pay for everything in the woman’s cart. She thanked him, but said she couldn’t accept his money.

But when $97 flashed on the cash register, the man, later identified as Lester Brown, jumped between Drude and the cashier with a bill in his hand.

“He said, ‘Put your wallet away,’ and I just started crying,” Drude told CBS News. “That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.”

screen-shot-2016-08-19-at-3-51-32-pm.png

That man is a sucker,lol. Dept of education is not what it use to be. This teacher will teach those little kids ANYTHING she is told to keep her fat teachers union check coming with several weeks a year vacation and great benefits. Barnum and Bailey were right. But it was a nice gesture by the man.

That man is a sucker,lol. Dept of education is not what it use to be. This teacher will teach those little kids ANYTHING she is told to keep her fat teachers union check coming with several weeks a year vacation and great benefits. Barnum and Bailey were right. But it was a nice gesture by the man.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I am beginning to think this is not rare after all in all 50 states (Teachers paying for supplies)

Where is all this money going to? Illinois promoted their lottery when I lived there specifically for the schools

I am beginning to think this is not rare after all in all 50 states (Teachers paying for supplies)

Where is all this money going to? Illinois promoted their lottery when I lived there specifically for the schools

Same as California promised over thirty years ago when pushing for the lottery.

Of course not your the one with all the political correction here.

That was to take more money from the poor they lied about helping. EVERYTHING is a racket now. Parents can't afford pens and paper and lottery tickets too. I see the losers standing in line all the time .

Its worse than any pyrimid scheme. They take in billions and give away millions.

First at Walmart you can get a ton of school supplies for the money because they basically give the stuff away. As for the lottery, a lot of states did a bait and switch like mine did to get it passed. It was "this will be extra money for education" and once passed it became "we just put it in the general budget and whatever we spend on education is allocated against all the lottery money. *wink*"

SAN ANTONIO -- Sabrina Drude was doing what many teachers do before the start of the school year -- shopping for supplies for her students -- when she noticed a man standing in line at Wal-Mart examining her items.

With a cart full of hundreds of notebooks, pencils and markers, the seventh grade teacher was anticipating an eye roll or two as she checked out.

Instead, she got a question, several actually. The man behind her, noticing she didn’t have any children with her, asked her why she needed the supplies.

The teacher at Francis Scobee Middle School in San Antonio, Texas, explained that she teaches in a very low socioeconomic area where kids can’t always afford what their peers can.

Touched by the woman’s kind gesture, the man offered to pay for everything in the woman’s cart. She thanked him, but said she couldn’t accept his money.

But when $97 flashed on the cash register, the man, later identified as Lester Brown, jumped between Drude and the cashier with a bill in his hand.

“He said, ‘Put your wallet away,’ and I just started crying,” Drude told CBS News. “That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.”

So...we learn that Texas schools don't provide for their teachers and students.

Same as California promised over thirty years ago when pushing for the lottery.

Texas got the same song and dance...

So...you're a teacher?

So...we learn that Texas schools don't provide for their teachers and students.

Do you really believe this is an isolated incident?

So...you're a teacher?

No I'm not I have too much self respect and too many grandkids and greatgrand kids in school now. You could never pay me to teach the filth teachers are forced to teach today.

Are you a teacher? I see you lost some of your DA charm, lol. At least you left before the other liberal smart asses got it closed down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back