Stop the presses!!!! New discovery will change the world!!!

In a Savings Shocker, the Government Discovers That Paper Has Two Sides - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON -- With the budget deficit soaring toward $2 trillion, the Department of Justice has figured out how to play its part: double-sided photocopying

OH MY GAWWWD!

Paper actually has two sides that you can use?????

Just imagine, children, if government can discover this, what's in store for the future???

Aren't you so glad that you're alive today and you didn't have to live in a time where there was only one side to a piece of paper?

You may think it is funny, but I worked for a corporation that went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but before we declared chapter 11 we tried everything we could to save the company and using both sides of our copy paper, along with using the other side of paper that was used on one side but ready to be trashed, as our scrap paper...and bought erasers so when the pencil eraser ran out, long before the pencil itself...we didn't throw them out we continued to use them until 2 inches long only...

You don't know the half of what we did, to save money....I'm surprised we were not reusing toilet paper....

you gotta do, what ya gotta do and it truly does save money, and we made these moves in the Private sector, so why not our gvt doing the same....times are tough...

and every penny counts is how I was trained!

care

Actually I thinks it's very very sad that our government paid some committee more money to find these so called cut backs than they will save

Yeah, this is pretty funny.

I read that the government expects to save $100,000,000 using both sides of a sheet of paper?!

Are they kidding?

Waste at the Pentagon Maggie is equal to about one fith of the total waste in the whole budget most of which shouldn't be federal issue to begin with.

By the way what I find comical about this is that it took them this long to figure it out. It's not like we haven't had copiers that could do front and back for about two decades now.

Unfortunately, since the Pentagon is INAUDITABLE, just exactly how much waste is not known. Each year the GAO tries to do an estimate based on the obvious, but it has yet to be able to do an accurate audit.

In a Savings Shocker, the Government Discovers That Paper Has Two Sides - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON -- With the budget deficit soaring toward $2 trillion, the Department of Justice has figured out how to play its part: double-sided photocopying

OH MY GAWWWD!

Just imagine, children, if government can discover this, what's in store for the future???

Aren't you so glad that you're alive today and you didn't have to live in a time where there was only one side to a piece of paper?

You may think it is funny, but I worked for a corporation that went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but before we declared chapter 11 we tried everything we could to save the company and using both sides of our copy paper, along with using the other side of paper that was used on one side but ready to be trashed, as our scrap paper...and bought erasers so when the pencil eraser ran out, long before the pencil itself...we didn't throw them out we continued to use them until 2 inches long only...

You don't know the half of what we did, to save money....I'm surprised we were not reusing toilet paper....

you gotta do, what ya gotta do and it truly does save money, and we made these moves in the Private sector, so why not our gvt doing the same....times are tough...

care

I could come up with some beauts too. We decided to cut costs on paper by using cheap colored stock for all draft documents, even those that went outside the office. People complained, as they usually do over anything *new* but eventually realized how they could actually use color-coding to sequence drafts (and there are apt to be many in law firms). We also put locks on the supply cabinets and gave the document repro clerks keys for emergencies; otherwise, folks had to fill out a weekly requisition. Voila! No more cost overruns on Post-Its!!! :lol: They were really unhappy about that one. In the end, the simple new policies saved hundreds per month.

OH MY GAWWWD!

care
um, care, this was announced like it was some new technology that had never been around before

It was just an option that wasn't used before. Actually, your basic airhead would have a hard time figuring out how to do it, as I recall. You have to be mighty careful because the machine will only do what you tell it to. And then there's those pesky paper jams during that process that I also recall. But I'm sure they've gotten most of the bugs out.

OH MY GAWWWWWD

The government has cut its budget to the bone.

Who will stop the bleeding?

Please is there a trauma surgeon in the house????

the government has slashed the budget by .006%!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, oh my how will we be able to get by??????

why save billions or trillions when you can use both sides of a piece of paper?

Go change your underwear. Having a shitfit over stuff like this will put you six feet under before your time. If you REALLY want to freak out about waste in the billions that goes ignored, look to the Pentagon. At least your early death will be justified.

why don't you grow a sense of humor

even obama says he likes gallows humor.

For Christ's sake the fucking country is imploding so take a minute to

LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP

You could have left out your own hysterical hissy fit following posting the link and I would have chuckled along with everyone else. Ever think of that? If anyone needs to ighten up, it's people like you who go into orbit over the slightest thing and then need to rant and rave like the world is coming to an end.

OH MY GAWWWD!

All I can say is its about damn time they did this. Seriously I know your poking fun at them as the cost savings from this is less than .1% of the budget defecit, but still a penny saved is a penny earned in my book.

Now we just have to find a few thousand more ways to save this much money and we can have a balanced budget like clinton did :clap2:

care
um, care, this was announced like it was some new technology that had never been around before

It was just an option that wasn't used before. Actually, your basic airhead would have a hard time figuring out how to do it, as I recall. You have to be mighty careful because the machine will only do what you tell it to. And then there's those pesky paper jams during that process that I also recall. But I'm sure they've gotten most of the bugs out.
this does illustrate how slow the government is to adapting to new technology, it took them nearly 2 decades to discover this

Waste at the Pentagon Maggie is equal to about one fith of the total waste in the whole budget most of which shouldn't be federal issue to begin with.

By the way what I find comical about this is that it took them this long to figure it out. It's not like we haven't had copiers that could do front and back for about two decades now.
they've had duplex printers back in the early 90's

They have had them earlier than that. I worked for IBM in the late '70's, and the IBM Series III copiers would not only print both sides, in color, but would correlate and punch the paper for a binder, and then sort them out all in separate trays.

Admit it folks. The government is the most wasteful entity in America. I mean what would you do if you had endless funds to play with that WEREN'T YOURS?

And these oversight committees and watch dog groups are nothing but a farce. They find abuse, report it, and OK, so what... business as usual right after they FIRE the guy that reported it.

uh oh. Now they are going to have to replace all their copiers with machines that do two sides. Let me guess - cost $1 trillion.

Not to mention the 500 million to train everyone on the new machines and the cost of expanding offices to accomidate the new machines. But I am sure that by recycling the old machines they will be able to make enough weapons to go take money from some other country to pay for some of that.

OH MY GAWWWD!

Wait a minute . . . they just figured this out now??? Aww shit, anyone with a kid knows -- you always use the other side.

Uh Maggie you can't really audit much of any federal program. Hell if any business kept it's books the way the government does the whole accounting department would be jailed for fraud.

OH MY GAWWWD!

Wait a minute . . . they just figured this out now??? Aww shit, anyone with a kid knows -- you always use the other side.
And these are the people who want to be involved in your colonoscopy.

Don't you just relish the thought?

Well at LEAST they have finally figured it out....too bad they hadn't figured this out back under Bush in 2001....we could have had 8 more years of savings!

j/k

I only say this, because the truth is, no one changed it earlier, they are changing the practice NOW, so overall, this is a GOOD THING, no matter how slow our gvt seemed to be in the past.

every penny of savings counts...

we can't keep criticizing these type of savings moves like they are insignificant

,they will add up! And Better Late, than Never!!!

Well at LEAST they have finally figured it out....too bad they hadn't figured this out back under Bush in 2001....we could have had 8 more years of savings!

j/k

I only say this, because the truth is, no one changed it earlier, they are changing the practice NOW, so overall, this is a GOOD THING, no matter how slow our gvt seemed to be in the past.

we can't keep criticizing these type of savings moves like they are insignificant

I totally agree, but I blame Nixon/Carter for not doing it in the 70's when the technology first became available ;).

All I can say is its about damn time they did this. Seriously I know your poking fun at them as the cost savings from this is less than .1% of the budget defecit, but still a penny saved is a penny earned in my book.

Now we just have to find a few thousand more ways to save this much money and we can have a balanced budget like clinton did :clap2:

Uh Maggie you can't really audit much of any federal program. Hell if any business kept it's books the way the government does the whole accounting department would be jailed for fraud.

According to David Walker, the Pentagon is the ONLY government agency that is inaudible. So the Comptroller General for ten years is wrong and you're right?

j/k

its the same people

they dont change out everyone with every change in administration

Forum List

Back