Stop Talking About Race?

There are people that say the best way to get rid of racism is to stop talking about race. I have always wondered what made people think this would stop racism. Can anyone explain the theory behind this approach?

Why dont we put more manufacturing factories in cities like Detroit? Plenty of people willing to work and for minimum wage.

There are people that say the best way to get rid of racism is to stop talking about race. I have always wondered what made people think this would stop racism. Can anyone explain the theory behind this approach?

Well, I do recall a wise man once saying that he looked forward to the day when a man was judged, not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.

Perhaps you should start following him.
I do that. This guy brought a black guy to my poker game and we are buddies now. Gave me no reason not to like him.

Quite a few here jumped on Morgan Freemans bandwagon when he made that
that very statement. Remember?

FLASHBACK Morgan Freeman on Ending Racism Stop Talking About It CNS News
I remember that. I wondered what made him think that people would just up and stop calling each other Black or white.when this nation was built on the notion of racism.
I will always notice when someone looks indian mexican asian black etc. So what? I like all kinds of people. But I dont like black cities like Detroit Compton Gary indiana Baltimore Harlem chicago flint and saginaw being so violent. What do they all have in common?

I remember that. I wondered what made him think that people would just up and stop calling each other Black or white.when this nation was built on the notion of racism.
I will always notice when someone looks indian mexican asian black etc. So what? I like all kinds of people. But I dont like black cities like Detroit Compton Gary indiana Baltimore Harlem chicago flint and saginaw being so violent. What do they all have in common?
IMO "We need to have a conversation about race" means different things to different people. Personally I would never say anything like that to anyone. When a white person says that to me my BS meter goes off because I know more than likely they want to vent about AA. When I hear Black people say it to whites I notice its about all the ills Black people deal with living in our racist society. The best conversations I have had about race were spontaneous and developed naturally. The best one I had was with a white guy in the military that was upset I had slept with this white girl he was drooling over. He felt the races should stay separate and not mix. Turned out his aunt had been with a Black guy that beat her and her kids all the time. However, I notice that white males tend to hold back in person. White females are way more understanding of the Black vs white issue from my experience as they feel they share some of the same experiences being held back by white male chauvinism. .
like the typical black person, you think too highly of yourself
Too bad for you that my self esteem threatens you. However, I cant help you with your inferiority complex. Its a left over from those cave man genes.
IQ
My high IQ has nothing to do with the fact you are threatened by Black people. Even if you could prove there was a test that actually measured it.

let a coon step on my property

"Coon", defined as diminutive of raccoon."

Indeed. You would promptly shoot it, skin it, fry it, then eat it for breakfast.

Just like any other illiterate peckerwood trying to survive in Appalachia.

Last edited:

Left behind white people?

Well, I do recall a wise man once saying that he looked forward to the day when a man was judged, not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.

He was talking about race when he said that.

y
A lot of white conservatives think that since a black man is president, racism must be over. Also, if they don't experience it personally on a daily basis, it must not be happening.

Racism is just a synonym for stupidity.

your racist POTUS and Holder prove that
You can call others racist until you are blue in the face: we know, we all know that it is you and your ilk who are the racists bigots. You are not fooling anyone trying to throw it back on others. You fool no one.

I agree that the baseball example was poor because it pulls in other factors besides race. So I don't see talking about race as a bad thing, but on the surface of it, that sounds like a boring conversation. "So I see your Black and I'm White how do you feel about that?" I've just heard that phrase "We need to have a conversation about race" so many times and it just sounds lame to me. What do you think that really means? What am I missing?
IMO "We need to have a conversation about race" means different things to different people. Personally I would never say anything like that to anyone. When a white person says that to me my BS meter goes off because I know more than likely they want to vent about AA. When I hear Black people say it to whites I notice its about all the ills Black people deal with living in our racist society. The best conversations I have had about race were spontaneous and developed naturally. The best one I had was with a white guy in the military that was upset I had slept with this white girl he was drooling over. He felt the races should stay separate and not mix. Turned out his aunt had been with a Black guy that beat her and her kids all the time. However, I notice that white males tend to hold back in person. White females are way more understanding of the Black vs white issue from my experience as they feel they share some of the same experiences being held back by white male chauvinism. .
Too bad for you that my self esteem threatens you. However, I cant help you with your inferiority complex. Its a left over from those cave man genes.
IQ
Yes, studies and research show that racists, people like you squeezy, are lower in IQ and education that the average person.

I'll say it again because you are so dense: Research and studies show that racists are lower in IQ and education: that means you.

Yes, studies and research show that racists, people like you squeezy, are lower in IQ and education that the average person.

I'll say it again because you are so dense: Research and studies show that racists are lower in IQ and education: that means you.
Research also shows that blacks have far lower IQ and education than the average person, and that so many of them are racists probably proves your point.

Now, about dingbats.....:)

There is no theory. If CNN and MSNBC turned off their 24x7 cameras there would be no coverage. No 15 minutes of fame opportunities means everyone would go home.
I'm not talking about coverage. I'm talking about people. For instance should Black people stop talking about the racism we face and the ways to overcome it just because some fool thinks we should stop talking about race?
But it is about coverage. The only reason they are burning down cities is because someone is pointing a camera at them. Sharpton doesn't even show up unless there is one present. Jesus CNN has been in full retard flight 370 mode for the last two weeks. They are fueling the fire plain and simple.

This doesn't even respond to the OP. What the hell are you talking about? Respond to the OP, don't shoot off what you think is some reverse attack on a black man. MLK was referring to racism. You are not, by quoting him, making any point except trying to play word games.

As far as you know, the person you direct that comment to does follow MLK. That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

There is no theory. If CNN and MSNBC turned off their 24x7 cameras there would be no coverage. No 15 minutes of fame opportunities means everyone would go home.
I'm not talking about coverage. I'm talking about people. For instance should Black people stop talking about the racism we face and the ways to overcome it just because some fool thinks we should stop talking about race?
But it is about coverage. The only reason they are burning down cities is because someone is pointing a camera at them. Sharpton doesn't even show up unless there is one present. Jesus CNN has been in full retard flight 370 mode for the last two weeks. They are fueling the fire plain and simple.
I think you got a little excited there. No one has burned down a city. This is how rumors get started and history altered. If it makes the news in this day and age it is subject to go viral due to the internet. CNN is for profit like most other news organizations. They are going to give the people what they want to hear about. Dont be upset Black people want to hear about it. The days are over of hiding police brutality in the Black community. Stop whining and deal with it. We have had to deal with it since before I was born. Al Sharpton seems to be the white guys boogey man for some reason. I'm glad he keeps your attention away from whats really going on or racist whites would probably try to meddle in that too.

YEAH, RIGHT- most blacks (not all) just talk about it by blaming whitey. That gets them no where in life.

I think you got a little excited there. No one has burned down a city. This is how rumors get started and history altered. If it makes the news in this day and age it is subject to go viral due to the internet. CNN is for profit like most other news organizations. They are going to give the people what they want to hear about. Dont be upset Black people want to hear about it. The days are over of hiding police brutality in the Black community. Stop whining and deal with it. We have had to deal with it since before I was born. Al Sharpton seems to be the white guys boogey man for some reason. I'm glad he keeps your attention away from whats really going on or racist whites would probably try to meddle in that too.

Bullshit neighborhoods are like this throughout Detroit... Get your head out of your ass idiot:cuckoo:

Last edited:

IQ
My high IQ has nothing to do with the fact you are threatened by Black people. Even if you could prove there was a test that actually measured it.

let a coon step on my property

"Coon", defined as diminutive of raccoon."

Indeed. You would promptly shoot it, skin it, fry it, then eat it for breakfast.

Just like any other illiterate peckerwood trying to survive in Appalachia.
more like a poor excuse for fertilizer

Why dont we put more manufacturing factories in cities like Detroit? Plenty of people willing to work and for minimum wage.

The riots in the 60s drove a lot of businesses out of Detroit.

Forum List

Back