Stop hiring fast food rejects as "support staff"

bill5

Jul 26, 2011
ESPECIALLY in places as important as cancer centers, etc.

I'm talking secreteries, receptionists, administrative assistants....basically the people who man the desks, set up appts etc. Sure there are good and bad like in any other profession, but in a place this important, it's no exaggeration to say that even a simple admin screw up can potentially cost someone their life.

Yet I have encountered many half-ass if not outright bad ones (I would say those equal about half or more of all those I have encountered, which is appalling) and attribute it largely to doctors/hospitals being too damn cheap and/or uncaring to ensure they have hired a quality staff. I'd like to see them battle a life-threatening illness, which is more than stressful enough to say the least, and have to deal with this kind of BS.

Anyone else seeing this, or is my luck just really bad?

I'm talking secreteries, receptionists, administrative assistants....basically the people who man the desks, set up appts etc. Sure there are good and bad like in any other profession, but in a place this important, it's no exaggeration to say that even a simple admin screw up can potentially cost someone their life.

Yet I have encountered many half-ass if not outright bad ones (I would say those equal about half or more of all those I have encountered, which is appalling) and attribute it largely to doctors/hospitals being too damn cheap and/or uncaring to ensure they have hired a quality staff. I'd like to see them battle a life-threatening illness, which is more than stressful enough to say the least, and have to deal with this kind of BS.

The job competition is so stiff these days I'm surprised fast food burn outs are landing those gigs, I am seeing people with college degrees line up to work as admin assistants and secretaries.

The job competition is so stiff these days I'm surprised fast food burn outs are landing those gigs, I am seeing people with college degrees line up to work as admin assistants and secretaries.

Yeah, I'd say unless there is some proof that these folks are actual former fast food workers, this is more likely the case, and also folks who previously had jobs in another field taking these jobs as a means to make ends meet. Also, I don't really think it is in the interest of hospitals or clinics to hire folks who do not meet at least the basic requirements of the postions(s) for which they are applying, if for no other reason than to avoid malpractice or negligence lawsuits.

Whatever the scenario, if you encounter gross imcompetence, make those in charge aware so they can remedy the situation.

Forum List

Back