Stop deportations - 'not an option'

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Barack Obama On Suspending Deportations: 'That's Not An Option'

Despite the urging of immigration activists, President Barack Obama said Tuesday he has no plans to expand a deferred action program that would prevent some deportations while Congress stalls on reform.

"If we start broadening that, then essentially, I would be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally," Obama told Noticias Telemundo's José Diaz-Balart in an interview, according to a transcript provided by the network. "So that's not an option."

Will this stop the incessant lies from rw's?

Not a chance.

Despite the urging of immigration activists, President Barack Obama said Tuesday he has no plans to expand a deferred action program that would prevent some deportations while Congress stalls on reform.

"If we start broadening that, then essentially, I would be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally," Obama told Noticias Telemundo's José Diaz-Balart in an interview, according to a transcript provided by the network. "So that's not an option."

Not a chance.

and the lie is what? :eusa_eh:

You should read this board. If you did, you would learn that President Obama has not deported more illegals than any other president and has not ordered more Border Patrol "boots on the ground" than any other president.

Not a chance.

He has already lost in court, why wouldn't he admit that expanding his program would be hard to defend?

You should read this board. If you did, you would learn that President Obama has not deported more illegals than any other president and has not ordered more Border Patrol "boots on the ground" than any other president.

the people i know who actually live on the boarder and are Mexicans tell me a different story than what the President and the Departments are telling us.....so it all comes down to who you want to believe....i know you Dudley believe Obama without question....because you would never question anything he and the Democrats tell you...

Obama has not sealed the border either...not even close.
...so the flood of illegals continues.

A cynical person could well believe that it's the grand plan.

We have the capability to round up every illegal and ship them home, but we don't have the political will. Neither party is interested in doing that, regardless of what the American people want, so it just won't get done.

Realistically we wouldn't even need to round up anyone if the law as written now was enforced. Twist the screws on employers and housing and local services and the illegals will go elsewhere just because they won't be able to find work, or housing, or get various types of aid.

Instead, both parties do nothing so they can pander for votes. :mad:

We have the capability to round up every illegal and ship them home, but we don't have the political will. Neither party is interested in doing that, regardless of what the American people want, so it just won't get done.

Realistically we wouldn't even need to round up anyone if the law as written now was enforced. Twist the screws on employers and housing and local services and the illegals will go elsewhere just because they won't be able to find work, or housing, or get various types of aid.

Logistical nightmare and cost-prohibitive

Doing the whole nation in the space of an afternoon, sure. Starting with states like Texas and California and focusing there first is the way to do it.

Amen.

The ones who are being shipped home only arrive back a few months later.
Shipping them home seems to be a big waste of time, effort, and money.

Doing the whole nation in the space of an afternoon, sure. Starting with states like Texas and California and focusing there first is the way to do it.

when the Govt has allowed people to stay here for 15-20 years and then decides they should go you are going to have problems......

Not a chance.

Jesus you are a broken record. For the most part he is a bad President, but he has glimmers of good moves. This is a good one. Ending the Iraq war good. The credit card protection act good. Cash for clunkers very good. Ending Don't Ask Don't Tell good.

However, he is mostly a bad President.

Not a chance.

Jesus you are a broken record. For the most part he is a bad President, but he has glimmers of good moves. This is a good one. Ending the Iraq war good. The credit card protection act good. Cash for clunkers very good. Ending Don't Ask Don't Tell good.

However, he is mostly a bad President.

Cash for clunkers...very bad...took the livelihoods of the mechanics who used to repair them?

Forum List

Back