Stock Market today???

I liquidated a few months back. I'm ready!
Unfortunately people with 401Ks don't liquidate.
No you ride out the ups and downs and keep investing

That strategy is great if you have the time. What if you are a 70 year old in retirement? Then you don’t have the luxury of taking a 50% hit to your portfolio.
Why? If you have income generated from Dividends who cares what the hit on the portfolio is. As long as they continue to pay, take some of that dividend and buy more stock when it gets lower. That is cost averaging in a nutshell.

If your entire portfolio is made up of dividend paying stocks, but when your retired you are using those dividends as income, not growth.
No, I use some of the dividend income for spending, and use some of it for reinvestments, that is called continual growth. Just because I want to leave a fortune to my kids, doesn't make me a bad guy, like some libtards think, except for those like the Kennedy's and Buffets.

People are beginning to talk about the "R" word again. I haven't personally got any money in the stock market, but a recession affects us all, and recessions seem to be somehow tied to the stock market. Businesses go belly up. People lose jobs. Things go down from there. It better not happen. We JUST got out of the last one.

It *WILL* happen. Recessions are a part of normal business cycles. Count on this one thing if nothing else...there is always another recession on the horizon. And another bear market. And behind them another bull market and economic boom.
This can’t be overemphasized.
Yes the last one was a pathetic recovery. That’s because statists like Bush and Obama and Yellen tried to mitigate it. In the end we had the poorest economic recovery in history.

I posted a short article higher up in the thread that does a good job of explaining stock market changes and the relation between market indexes and business cycles.
Worst recessions in 80 years should have the worst recovery in 80 years. Right?

I always get a good chuckle from anyone who believes they can place a value on a share of a huge corporation.

When the markets open today, will the slide continue? If it does, this could be the start of an economic disaster. I am nervous about it. Overseas markets had wild swings. Will the NYSE?

Republicans in Congress are really sweating this.

Trump's running up the debt because he thinks he will be out of office when those chickens come to roost.

A another 800 point drop will swing more Senators to the Impeachment train or to start passing legislation to quell the Trump disaster. Like a bill to end Trump's tariffs. A silent Senate will become a Democrat Senate when the Democrat candidate wins in a land slide in 2020 with huge coattails.

Today might be that turning point.

I know you libs are hoping for economic collapse, to punish America for electing a reprobate like Trump.

But the President won't be blamed regardless.
Had an economic collapse taken Hitler from power before the war, I’m sure Germany would have taken that deal in hidsight

People are beginning to talk about the "R" word again. I haven't personally got any money in the stock market, but a recession affects us all, and recessions seem to be somehow tied to the stock market. Businesses go belly up. People lose jobs. Things go down from there. It better not happen. We JUST got out of the last one.

It *WILL* happen. Recessions are a part of normal business cycles. Count on this one thing if nothing else...there is always another recession on the horizon. And another bear market. And behind them another bull market and economic boom.
This can’t be overemphasized.
Yes the last one was a pathetic recovery. That’s because statists like Bush and Obama and Yellen tried to mitigate it. In the end we had the poorest economic recovery in history.

I posted a short article higher up in the thread that does a good job of explaining stock market changes and the relation between market indexes and business cycles.
Worst recessions in 80 years should have the worst recovery in 80 years. Right?

Absolutely not. They should have the steeper recoveries. Government interference can extend them however.

See: Japan

It is a law as immutable as the laws of thermodynamics. Misallocations have to be corrected. Trying to moderate corrections will, quite obviously, make them shallower but longer.

You will pay the piper in all cases.

Oh, it's going to slowly slide down for a while.

A) It has been artificially inflated due to pent-up non-investing because of Obama. When Trump won, years of non-investing broke free.

B) Democrats won the House, which lessens confidence for the future

C) Tariffs will shake things up some

Funny as hell you put tariffs last even though the markets are in the red since Trump issued his first tariffs. And the market boomed for a couple days after it was announced US and China had some sort of trade plan worked out and then crashed again the day Trump tweeted he is the tariff man...

But tariffs only shake things up “some”!!!!!

Partisan blindness at it finest

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Tariffs are always bad but buy now and when the tariffs end you'll be glad you did
Tariffs are always some bad. They are what they are. They are shared pain. Many on here were saying we hold all the cards, tariffs are the best thing since sliced bread. They always cause short term pain. They are a form of war fare. There is always mutual loss at war. The we hold all the cards attitude that Americans have is juvenile and dangerous. The fact is China has manipulated currency and stolen intellectual property for a good many years l. This is fact! Some thing had to be done at some point. The question is when and what. The timing and implementation of these tariffs were like a bull in a china shop. You do not place tariffs on the whole world at once. Before placing tariffs you consider the effects and make deals with other countries to buy the effected product tariff free there by punishing the offending country and insulating your own. These tariffs were thrown about in a blind rage. As far as your advise to buy now. Bad advise. Wait the slide will continue for a large amount of reasons. Buy in a year or two when the real deals are there. For now buy rare medal. Ditch real estate and financial stocks. There will be deals out there but research them. I like to follow what other successful investors are doing. Look up the people that shorted the real estate market and do what they do. If you can find some one in real estate that orders RMV's. When the ordering of RMV faces an uptick you know the market is going to tank. Start selling at that point. Park your money and get ready to buy a shit load of real estate when it is at or near down slope limit.

A) It has been artificially inflated due to pent-up non-investing because of Obama. When Trump won, years of non-investing broke free.

Funny as hell you put tariffs last even though the markets are in the red since Trump issued his first tariffs. And the market boomed for a couple days after it was announced US and China had some sort of trade plan worked out and then crashed again the day Trump tweeted he is the tariff man...

Tariffs are always bad but buy now and when the tariffs end you'll be glad you did
Tariffs are always some bad. They are what they are. They are shared pain. Many on here were saying we hold all the cards, tariffs are the best thing since sliced bread. They always cause short term pain. They are a form of war fare. There is always mutual loss at war. The we hold all the cards attitude that Americans have is juvenile and dangerous. The fact is China has manipulated currency and stolen intellectual property for a good many years l. This is fact! Some thing had to be done at some point. The question is when and what. The timing and implementation of these tariffs were like a bull in a china shop. You do not place tariffs on the whole world at once. Before placing tariffs you consider the effects and make deals with other countries to buy the effected product tariff free there by punishing the offending country and insulating your own. These tariffs were thrown about in a blind rage. As far as your advise to buy now. Bad advise. Wait the slide will continue for a large amount of reasons. Buy in a year or two when the real deals are there. For now buy rare medal. Ditch real estate and financial stocks. There will be deals out there but research them. I like to follow what other successful investors are doing. Look up the people that shorted the real estate market and do what they do. If you can find some one in real estate that orders RMV's. When the ordering of RMV faces an uptick you know the market is going to tank. Start selling at that point. Park your money and get ready to buy a shit load of real estate when it is at or near down slope limit.
I am so sick of the saying "a bull in a china shop". that is such a wrong analogy. Say more like "radical liberals burning down a city". That is more like it...Bulls treat things much better than a dumbass liberal.

and tomorrow the DOW could be up 700 points as a lot of investors will see a buying opportunity.

And the slide continues. When will it stop?
The market runs on emotion

If all you people would stop being emotional knee jerk reactionaries we'd see a lot less fluctuation in the market

I mean really do you think a company that was worth 1000 a share yesterday is worth half that today?

If all you people would stop being emotional knee jerk reactionaries we'd see a lot less fluctuation in the market

I mean really do you think a company that was worth 1000 a share yesterday is worth half that today?
In short yes. Any one wanna buy some Sears stock? How long has Sears been around? Companies implode we have many examples of this over time.How about starting a Bias Ply Tire company. I have some Central Soya stock certificates if you would like to have some. They use to be one of the largest commodoties trader in the world. Poof gone over night. Enron any one?

In short yes. Any one wanna buy some Sears stock? How long has Sears been around? Companies implode we have many examples of this over time.How about starting a Bias Ply Tire company. I have some Central Soya stock certificates if you would like to have some. They use to be one of the largest commodoties trader in the world. Poof gone over night. Enron any one?

Sears didn't implode overnight

it was a long time coming

Sears didn't implode overnight

it was a long time coming
No not an over night implosion. The point of Sears was to point out even longevity is not safe. What is older other than maybe the Hudson Bay Corp. ?

They worried as hell about the democrats taking over the house and fucking shit up again.

Yeah, when it’s good it is because of Trump, When it’s bad it’s because of the Dems. Can you be any more predictable?!

Uhm use your brains..

Only in lefty land do they think holding someone back will make them win a race
Of course over regulation stalls growth I’m not debating that. But your making connections that aren’t there and ignoring reality. Take off your partisan blinders

Forum List

Back