Stimulus is Helping Economy

Stimulus is helping economy, U.S. budget experts say | Reuters

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19pm EDT Email | Print | Share | Reprints | Single Page
By Andy Sullivan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The $787 billion stimulus package passed in February will fuel a recovery in the moribund U.S. economy this year, Congress' non-partisan budget watchdog said on Tuesday.

"Economic activity will begin to rebound in the second half of 2009, largely the result of fiscal stimulus," the Congressional Budget Office said in its assessment of the federal budget and U.S. economy.

Our economy driven by mostly free-market capitalism is fixing the economy.....not the drunken spend-a-thon in Washington.

Free market capitalism DESTROYED OUR ECONOMY!!!!

The federal government saved it.

Are you really this dumb?

Um ... yeah ... if Obama "inherited" this mess, then he also "inherited" the benefit and this is just an effect of Bush's policies.

By Andy Sullivan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The $787 billion stimulus package passed in February will fuel a recovery in the moribund U.S. economy this year, Congress' non-partisan budget watchdog said on Tuesday.

"Economic activity will begin to rebound in the second half of 2009, largely the result of fiscal stimulus," the Congressional Budget Office said in its assessment of the federal budget and U.S. economy.

Our economy driven by mostly free-market capitalism is fixing the economy.....not the drunken spend-a-thon in Washington.

Apparently.

no, it is not helping the economy... it's pumping air into a deflated balloon which popped due to a bubble, and countering some of the deflationary effects of the financial crisis

however, the deflationary effects are temporary, and the stimulus will lead to massive inflation in the long run

also, stimulus ought to come from SAVINGS. This stimulus is coming from BORROWING.

this is not going to end well.

By Andy Sullivan

Purposefully naive! Gotta love you idiots.

By Andy Sullivan

that's a very silly argument, unless you're being sarcastic

government (fed reserve anyway) regulation of interest rates destroyed the economy... the federal government's actions are simply going to increase the national debt to even-more astronomical levels.

the federal government broke it... but I'll be fair, during much of the boom period post-WWII it did build the economy better than pure free market economics would have

again, sorry if you were just joking and I just repeated the obvious

government (fed reserve anyway) regulation of interest rates destroyed the economy... the federal government's actions are simply going to increase the national debt to even-more astronomical levels.

the federal government broke it... but I'll be fair, during much of the boom period post-WWII it did build the economy better than pure free market economics would have

He's not joking.

He's not joking.

how unfortunate

He's not joking.

how unfortunate
You will get used to it.

He's not joking.

Hard to believe what I'm reading here.

By Andy Sullivan

actually a government that deregulated good lending practices to compell banks to sell loans that they should not be selling to people that should not be buying them then bundeling those loans into investment packages and reselling them caused the world economy to buckle........

all the federal government did was replace all the money the banks lost.......and the banks have reinsituted their strict lending laws......

you do know billions in us dollars went to foreign banks......

the american tax payer is bailing out the world......

The stock market is up, consumer confidence is up, existing homes sales had their biggest jump in 30 years.

And it's all OBAMA's FAULT!!!

Kind of hard to buy stocks, consumer goods, and houses when you're laid off...

10% unemployment is just 'round the corner...

Right. Which is why unemployment FELL last month.

all that was was the folks that lost thier jobs 18 months ago having their unemployment run out......

the stock market is on the same recover path as 29......consumer confidence is in the 40's or 50's it needs to be in the 80's......retailers are hanging on buy a thread.....i fear you will see another round of bk's shortly.......you still cant make a construction loan work which means no construction goods selling which means no manufacturing of those goods...........the next few months will be critical.....

watch......

Kind of hard to buy stocks, consumer goods, and houses when you're laid off...

10% unemployment is just 'round the corner...

Right. Which is why unemployment FELL last month.

all that was was the folks that lost thier jobs 18 months ago having their unemployment run out......

the stock market is on the same recover path as 29......consumer confidence is in the 40's or 50's it needs to be in the 80's......retailers are hanging on buy a thread.....i fear you will see another round of bk's shortly.......you still cant make a construction loan work which means no construction goods selling which means no manufacturing of those goods...........the next few months will be critical.....

watch......

yah, commercial real estate is the next big bubble I think... time to sign up for Mandarin lessons

Funny how the porkulus package is actually expanding gubmint jobs, huh?

Funny.... Barrel of laughs....

Now why would increased public sector spending result in more jobs in the public sector... O wait, that's completely logical.

The Republican lies won't work anymore.

After a while the truth wears them down.

And most FoxNews viewers are over 65.

So more of them are dying off every day.
MSNBC has the most viewers under 35.
Yes, but that is an IQ listing, not an age group.

If only they could be like the geniuses watching Fox, who think the US found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that Saddam was best buddies with Bin Laden.

Forum List

Back