Stimulus a boon in SC, where many didn't want it

beowolfe

Aug 3, 2009
AIKEN, S.C. – A majority of people in South Carolina didn't vote for Barack Obama and many didn't want any part of his stimulus cash, and folks in a particularly poor, hard-hit swath near the Georgia line were no exception. Until the money showed up.

About $1.6 billion was used to create 3,100 temporary jobs in a rural corner of the state cleaning up the Savannah River Site, which already employed about 9,000 and churned out radioactive metals for the nation's nuclear arsenal during the Cold War.

"I am convinced it's what kept Aiken's economy stronger than most communities during these poor economic times," said David Jamison, president of the chamber of commerce in that solidly Republican city just north of the nuclear facility. "I think it has worked exactly like the way Washington had in mind. ... I see it every single day."

Stimulus a boon in SC, where many didn't want it - Yahoo! News

Oops!......:lol::lol::lol:

Hey! Where are all the 'the stimulus hasn't created a single job' wingnuts? When one of your own finally fesses up and admits that it has created jobs in his state, you are quiet. You dont' say, excuse me I was wrong, you don't step up.

Forum List

Back