Stewart Goes After Napolitano Over Slavery

Na its not because hes a judge you like him huh

You like him because hes a fucking republican

see they will TRASH ANYBODY who is not on line with the republican fucking lies.

He didn't lie, moron. It's already been shown that US Marshall's upheld the Fugitive Slave Act and enforced it. Go eat paint chips.

U.S. Marshals Service, History, The Constitutional Imperative - Enforcing Fugitive Slave Laws and Segregation

As part of the famous Compromise of 1850, Congress passed one of the most roundly hated and

:rolleyes:
That doesn't support Nappy's statement. (but it's fun to see you run to Patterico.)

Maybe you missed this one.

Here, I'll repost.

The history professors had it right, and Andrew had it wrong.

Is it that hard to look up "personal liberty laws" that were in place in many northern states pre-civil war? Why did Nappy not know about General Butler's non-return of slaves, declaring them contraband of war -- a policy Lincoln agreed with?

Why did he not know about the First Confiscation Act and Congress passed/Lincoln signed Article of War Act that prohibited the US Army and Navy from returning fugitive slaves to their owners?

I mean some of this is basic stuff - but he got it wrong.

On that whole bit though, I especially liked the part where Napolitano said Lincoln tricked the South into shooting first.

:lol:

So your claim here is that the US Marshall.gov website has lied? No one, including Napolitano, claimed that there weren't cases of northern state abolitionists taking slaves to canada in defiance of the slave act. He said that federal marshall's were charged with returning them to slave owners. And they upheld that law and did so, moron.
Hey birdbrain - Nappy said they were doing that throughout the war.

Think about that. He was trying to imply Lincoln's Union Marshalls were returning Slaves to the confederate enemy.

Think about it longer, harder.

Not enough to get through? Let's lookie at another page of the US Marshal Service.

U.S. Marshals Service, History, Timeline

Look at what the US Marshals were doing during actual war time:

1861-1864
lamon-100.jpg
During the Civil War, U.S. Marshals confiscated property used to support the Confederacy and helped root out Confederate spies.
arrow.gif
Lincoln and His Deputy
arrow.gif
The Undefeated Rebel

Were there a few in the border states initially that were returned? Sure. That changed with the laws I was nice enough to provide for you. Did you bother to look?

Last edited:
How would Lincoln abolish Fugitive Slave Act? He can only sign bills that are passed by Congress. Napolitano is living in fantasy land.

He can only sign bills that are passed by Congress, but there are always executive orders that bypass Congress, just ask Obama.

That doesn't support Nappy's statement. (but it's fun to see you run to Patterico.)

Here, I'll repost.

Is it that hard to look up "personal liberty laws" that were in place in many northern states pre-civil war? Why did Nappy not know about General Butler's non-return of slaves, declaring them contraband of war -- a policy Lincoln agreed with?

Why did he not know about the First Confiscation Act and Congress passed/Lincoln signed Article of War Act that prohibited the US Army and Navy from returning fugitive slaves to their owners?

On that whole bit though, I especially liked the part where Napolitano said Lincoln tricked the South into shooting first.

So your claim here is that the US Marshall.gov website has lied? No one, including Napolitano, claimed that there weren't cases of northern state abolitionists taking slaves to canada in defiance of the slave act. He said that federal marshall's were charged with returning them to slave owners. And they upheld that law and did so, moron.
Hey birdbrain - Nappy said they were doing that throughout the war.

Think about that. He was trying to imply Lincoln's Union Marshalls were returning Slaves to the confederate enemy.

Think about it longer, harder.

Not enough to get through? Let's lookie at another page of the US Marshal Service.

U.S. Marshals Service, History, Timeline

Look at what the US Marshals were doing during actual war time:

1861-1864
lamon-100.jpg
During the Civil War, U.S. Marshals confiscated property used to support the Confederacy and helped root out Confederate spies.
arrow.gif
Lincoln and His Deputy
arrow.gif
The Undefeated Rebel

Were there a few in the border states initially that were returned? Sure. That changed with the laws I was nice enough to provide for you. Did you bother to look?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEC60_tVrAQ#t=182]Judge Napolitano Right, Daily Show Wrong, on Fugitive Slaves - YouTube[/ame]

You're wrong, Paperview. They returned them through the war as indicated by the judge.
Holy shit. Impervious to facts.

This dude here ^(and the Nappy doof) is trying to say Lincoln's Federal Officers were carting back slaves

behind enemy lines

to return slaves to their slaveowners.

Everyone here with more than a few braincells like "Takeastepback" -- let that all soak in what he's trying to get you to believe.

Hey were fighting to the bloody death to preserve the Union, if we see rebels - we shoot em dead, but, nah mang, here's your slaves back.

Oh good gawd.

He didn't lie, moron. It's already been shown that US Marshall's upheld the Fugitive Slave Act and enforced it. Go eat paint chips.
^^ This is what happens when you have a little bit of information, and think you know what the hell you're talking about.

You don't/

Yeah, clearly I do. As the Judge is correct in history and I've shown it to be true. YOU on the other hand, want to obfuscate from his point by showing a few instances where the law was neglected in favor of vigilante's who believed they could do as they wished.

^^ This is what happens when you have a little bit of information, and think you know what the hell you're talking about.

You don't/

Yeah, clearly I do. As the Judge is correct in history and I've shown it to be true. YOU on the other hand, want to obfuscate from his point by showing a few instances where the law was neglected in favor of vigilante's who believed they could do as they wished.
Yeah, I "obfuscate" by linking to the actual laws, The Confiscation Acts, the amended Articles of War --

never mind the mere lack of common sense of that you think one side in a war is going to "give back their slave property" to the other side in a war.

Jeezes man. THINK!

Yeah, except no one made that claim. You're making shit up and running with it. I've already provided the facts of the matter. Slaves were returned to their owners in the south during the civil war. Had the "professors" made the argument that the Judge was playing fast and loose with"the south" under the context of the confederacy, or the deep south, they would have been able to maintain credibility. but they didn't they flatly rejected the notion as "it didn't happen", which makes them wrong. I'm not going to continue to debate the merits of historical record on this. They clearly show that slave were returned to owners in the south during the civil war.

Had the judge said returned to the confederacy, you would be right. but thats not what he said, and instead of the panel pointing out the nuance, they simply rejected the notion off the cuff. And ended up wrong.

U.S. Marshals Service, History, The Constitutional Imperative - Enforcing Fugitive Slave Laws and Segregation

As part of the famous Compromise of 1850, Congress passed one of the most roundly hated and

:rolleyes:

Here, I'll repost.

Well they didn't DO THAT for very long under Lincoln since by the time he took office most of the CSA was ALREADY in rebellion.

Some STATS telling us how many slaves were returned to slave owners might help the JUDGE to support his claim.

Surely that law enforcment task was reported

Give us some numbers, some names, etc/

Post #29.

Tom Woods did that work for me.
ANDREW NAPOLITANO: ... the President used federal marshals to chase down slaves that had escaped and returned them to the South during the Civil War!

ALL THREE PROFESSORS: That's not true!

An especially nice touch that you link to the guy who was one of the Founders of League of the South, a white supremacist, neo-confederate hate group to bolster Nappy's claims.

I can walk you through where the neo-confed just played a slight of hand on you there, but reread what Nappy said above again, and see if you can get where and how the neo-confed played you.

Had the judge said returned to the confederacy, you would be right. but thats not what he said...

Oh, I see...you're going to try and take the tact that when Nappy said:

"the President used federal marshals to chase down slaves that had escaped and returned them to the South during the Civil War!"

He didn't mean the Confederacy. :rofl:

The battle of North and South in the context of the Civil War now means, what? The North, the South and the...er, other South. lol

Neat little game you got going there confeds. I've only been debating the Civil War for decades, and what feels like a million Civil War threads, and all the time I get this from Southern sympathizers: The North had slaves too!

By this (outside of the handful of the few in the true geographic north) -- they mean the border states. So border / loyal - UNION states are "the North" then,

but when Andrew Napster dude pretending he knows history says The South during the Civil War --

he doesn't mean the confederacy...Mwah? why would people think The South 1861-1865 means the Confederacy?

That is some rich Grade A bovine juice you dudes are pushing there

Had the judge said returned to the confederacy, you would be right. but thats not what he said...

Oh, I see...you're going to try and take the tact that when Nappy said:

"the President used federal marshals to chase down slaves that had escaped and returned them to the South during the Civil War!"

He didn't mean the Confederacy. :rofl:

The battle of North and South in the context of the Civil War now means, what? The North, the South and the...er, other South. lol

Neat little game you got going there confeds. I've only been debating the Civil War for decades, and what feels like a million Civil War threads, and all the time I get this from Southern sympathizers: The North had slaves too!

By this (outside of the handful of the few in the true geographic north) -- they mean the border states. So border / loyal - UNION states are "the North" then,

but when Andrew Napster dude pretending he knows history says The South during the Civil War --

he doesn't mean the confederacy...Mwah? why would people think The South 1861-1865 means the Confederacy?

That is some rich Grade A bovine juice you dudes are pushing there

I reject that you infer onto him words he did not say, yes. And the US Marshalls did return slaves to southern states during the civil war.

Forum List

Back