Steve Perry

That group had potential, but, someone sure screwed it up for them.

They had two albums before they released one. They decided to go with the second album first,
which was the iconic album for them. Big sales, big songs.....then they released their first album second,
which wasn't very good at all. it ended up being a career killer for the group. If they had just reversed the releases,
they would have had a springboard for their third album, but.......

That group had potential, but, someone sure screwed it up for them.

They had two albums before they released one. They decided to go with the second album first,
which was the iconic album for them. Big sales, big songs.....then they released their first album second,
which wasn't very good at all. it ended up being a career killer for the group. If they had just reversed the releases,
they would have had a springboard for their third album, but.......
They didn't even have a true "band" per se by the time Boston was released.The music for 'Boston' literally came out of Tom Scholz' tape deck. He was a straight up genius musically and otherwise. He was also a pain in the ass which is why they were short lived.

Perry is a terrific singer, even though I am not that much of a fan of Journey.
Their early albums were much better. By 1983 I was pretty much done with them.
It became all about the videos and arena ballads,
But purely as a singer, he was terrific.
Greatest frontman ever? Well no... I think most would agree Freddie Mercury probably takes that spot.
And Mercury was a better singer with better range. More to singing than just the high notes.

They didn't even have a true "band" per se by the time Boston was released.The music for 'Boston' literally came out of Tom Scholz' tape deck. He was a straight up genius musically and otherwise. He was also a pain in the ass which is why they were short lived.
Scholz was a massive dick. Who the hell sues your own band mates - while you are still a band??
The dude filed lawsuits like changing socks. All the way to what... was it 2016? When he filed a lawsuit AGAIN against his former mates?
Then sued every record company he worked with, newspapers... TV stations.
He was nuts.

Forum List

Back