Steve King Goes Low

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
A post from my blog:
Unless you have been holed up in a cave, you have, at some point, been subjected to Iowa Congressman Steve King’s rantings about government, Obama, the Dems, the Libs, the IRS, and anything else that tickles his fancy. He’s at it again. It’s Obama again. King had the following to say to a caller who suggested Obama wasn’t doing enough for Lousianna because they have a Republican governor:

CALLER: You know it’s absolutely despicable the way our president is acting on this oil slick. And it boils down that the governor is a Republican and Obama is a Democrat and he’s not gonna help in any way to make him, to help Louisiana. … So as far as I’m concerned the blood is on his hands. [...]

KING: I appreciate Larry’s statement and I agree with his analysis of it. As I watch the reluctance on the part of the White House to cooperate with Bobby Jindal. I’d like to think it’s being done out of policy perspective, but there is a political component. And to delay these skimmers all this time, and to refuse to wave the Jones Act, well essentially they passed that hot potato around, and nobody asked for it.
Although we’ve come to expect such stupid things from Steve King, this is an all new low. I truely feel sorry for the people he represents, ermm..Doesn’t represent.

Not to let his “facts” go unchecked, Think Progress Fact-Checked King:

Think Progress Home Page

Not only is it absurd to suggest that the President is purposely refusing to give federal assistance to a state in an economic and environmental crisis because that state’s governor is of the opposite political party, but also, King’s accusation is based on a falsehood. In fact, Obama did not “refuse to wave the Jones Act,” as McClatchy reported this week:

Maritime law experts, government officials and independent researchers say that the claim is false. The Jones Act isn’t an impediment at all, they say, and it hasn’t blocked anything. “Totally not true,” said Mark Ruge, counsel to the Maritime Cabotage Task Force, a coalition of U.S. shipbuilders, operators and labor unions. “It is simply an urban myth that the Jones Act is the problem.”

Indeed, FactCheck.org has also weighed in, noting that “the Jones Act has yet to be an issue in the response efforts. … Reports claiming that the federal government has refused help are not only incorrect — foreign assistance has been utilized — but are also misleading.”
Let’s also not forget, King is the fellow who seemed to stick up for the guy that flew his plane into an IRS building saying said he never would have done it if the IRS “had been abolished.” He’s also the idiot who suggested just last week, that President Obama favors the ”Black Person” by defualt. So this isn’t just a slip of the tounge, or an error. This is just the latest of idiotic and factually false things that we have heard from the Congressman. As Keith would say, “Steve King, todays worst person.. In the world!”

Steve King Goes Low The Young Progressive

Im pretty sure that's the same exact argument the left was making against Bush during Katrina.

Selective outrage is convenient.

Sad day when we have to link to recent history.

Not going to look for it today. Going to enjoy the Holiday. Maybe when i get back Ill feel like it.

Im pretty sure that's the same exact argument the left was making against Bush during Katrina.

No. that was NOT the argument that "the left" was making against Bush during Katrina.

Nobody thought that his incompetent regime was punishing LA for being a Democratic state.

Their argument against Bush II's handling was that it was INCOMPETENT

Selective outrage is convenient.

As is selective ignorance OR a selective (read mendacious) revisionism of the history of this nation.

Forum List

Back