Steelers Rams

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
Toward the end of the Steelers Rams game, DPI is called and then a taunting call after the play is whistled dead is called against the offense. They say they offset and replay the down. How is that possible? One infraction happened during the play the other after the whistle. Shouldn’t it be a spot foul, 1st down, then the 15 yd taunting enforced? Apparently not I doubt the NFL got it wrong but seemed odd.

oh and all talk of Parsons as DPOY needs to stop. Watt is the front runner by a decent amount at this point.

Toward the end of the Steelers Rams game, DPI is called and then a taunting call after the play is whistled dead is called against the offense. They say they offset and replay the down. How is that possible? One infraction happened during the play the other after the whistle. Shouldn’t it be a spot foul, 1st down, then the 15 yd taunting enforced? Apparently not I doubt the NFL got it wrong but seemed odd.

oh and all talk of Parsons as DPOY needs to stop. Watt is the front runner by a decent amount at this point.
I had wondered on that.

On a TD a similar set of calls the PI would be declined and the Taunting enforced on the kickoff.

Not sure why this would be a different enforcement but...

If the Steelers decline the PI the taunting would be enforced from the dead ball spot and the Steelers would be at about the same spot on the field.

They ran the ball well in the 4th and when you can run, throwing the ball is easy.

Forum List

Back