CDZ Status of Russian Military

I have to admit to being woefully ignorant about the prior regime.

Jo

The prior regime was led by Viktor Yushchenko. This regime is how Ukraine got a reputation for being one of the worlds most corrupt countries. Corruption was out of control and politicians were raking in money by doing sleazy stuff. Zelensky ran on an anti-corruption platform, and was an outsider, like Donald Trump.

What makes you think that?

Z campaigned on a policy of peace with Russia and stopping the killing in the Donbas. Once elected he reneged on these promises.

Zelensky ran on an anti-corruption policy, not a peace with Russia policy. Putins fanciful claims of a Ukrainian genocide is a lie to give him a "reason" to invade a country that is not his.

Zelensky ran on an anti-corruption policy, not a peace with Russia policy. Putins fanciful claims of a Ukrainian genocide is a lie to give him a "reason" to invade a country that is not his.
So the 14,000 killed in the Donbas since O’s coup is propaganda? Do you have any credible proof of this?

Are you familiar with the Minsk agreement and Z’s involvement with it?

You might appreciate this or maybe not.

From peacemaker to warmonger: Tragic downfall of Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky​

The president of Ukraine came to power calling for peace, but continued his predecessor's militaristic policies
From peacemaker to warmonger: Tragic downfall of Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky – Veterans Today | Military Foreign Affairs Policy Journal for Clandestine Services

You might appreciate this or maybe not.

From peacemaker to warmonger: Tragic downfall of Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky​

The president of Ukraine came to power calling for peace, but continued his predecessor's militaristic policies
From peacemaker to warmonger: Tragic downfall of Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky – Veterans Today | Military Foreign Affairs Policy Journal for Clandestine Services

"VT identifies this as containing propaganda and considerable bias, sourced from a Russian government owned site"

This is a warning from your own link. It was also written pre-invasion, before the Russian atrocities.

"VT identifies this as containing propaganda and considerable bias, sourced from a Russian government owned site"

This is a warning from your own link. It was also written pre-invasion, before the Russian atrocities.
Of course. Anything that criticizes Z and Ukraine is fake. Don’t you find this unusual?

Widely reported among pro-Russian news sites and blogs. No genocide is or was, taking place. There was fighting against Russian sympathizers and Ukrainian traitors, so any deaths would be from fighting, not genocide.
You do know 100k is more than 14k. I’ve never seen 100k mentioned in media reports. Did you make it up?

Any military expert worth his salt will tell you that an invasion Force needs to be 300% the size of the force it is attacking to be truly effective. Given the fact that Russia sent an army of 190,000 against an army of 620,000 i
No way Ukraine had an army of 620,000. I have a chart that says the Ukrainian military had about 45,000 effective soldiers. So the size of the Russian invasion force was not out of line with what most military analysts routinely project.

No way Ukraine had an army of 620,000. I have a chart that says the Ukrainian military had about 45,000 effective soldiers. So the size of the Russian invasion force was not out of line with what most military analysts routinely project.
Sure... 195,000 active and 900,000 reserve at least half of whom we're called up.

I believe that there were also 20 to 30 thousand mercs waiting in addition to that..prior to the start of the conflict. Russian army may have weaknesses but they ran into a prepared buzz saw more than what Ukraine could offer by itself.

Last edited:
It's not total forces, it's 300% AT THE POINT OF CONTACT. If you have a three division Corps defending a twenty mile front, you don't need nine divisions unless you are attacking the entire twenty-mile front. If you are attacking one division, you only need three divisions.

Forum List

Back