Statue Removals Etc. - A List

Wonder how they'll take away Stone Mountain overnight?

Catapult. Put the statue of Robert E Lee complete with its stone base on a large catapult and start flinging it at Stone Mt. It's a bitch to reload though. So Robert E Lee is destroying the monuments that he himself said should never be erected.

The civil war's been over for a century and a half. Why now, all this raging over statues? I believe it has more to do with the continuous and childish outrage by those who don't like Trump because hilary was supposed to be prez.

The civil war's been over for a century and a half. Why now, all this raging over statues? I believe it has more to do with the continuous and childish outrage by those who don't like Trump because hilary was supposed to be prez.

Because the left has a constant need to believe they have the moral high ground. Something they loathe about religious people. The irony.

Everyone was prejudiced, we would have to take all statues down in that case

TBH, I don't care, I just hate morality police.

I dont think you give people enough credit. I think people are capable of saying, "Um, yean, that guy shouldn't have a statue" and "that's going too far."

the very fact you guys don't want to finish the Sentence "We should leave Nathan Forrest's statue up because..... " says it all

Everyone was prejudiced, we would have to take all statues down in that case

TBH, I don't care, I just hate morality police.

I dont think you give people enough credit. I think people are capable of saying, "Um, yean, that guy shouldn't have a statue" and "that's going too far."

the very fact you guys don't want to finish the Sentence "We should leave Nathan Forrest's statue up because..... " says it all
Er I didn't say that.. honestly don't care because it's a non issue

Or maybe some of us just find the statues to Klan Members offensive.

So you must have been offended by these statues way back when obama was president. Or maybe you just found out about the statues after Trump became president, right? Yeah, that's it.

Or maybe some of us just find the statues to Klan Members offensive.

So you must have been offended by these statues way back when obama was president. Or maybe you just found out about the statues after Trump became president, right? Yeah, that's it.

I have been for a while. Dylan Roof and the Charleston Church Shooting really opened up a lot of eyes and got this to the forefront with Obama. Had more Confederate Iconography come down during his presidency than the previous 100 years combined.

Seeing the KKK and nazi's make it their battle to protect has me siding on the opposite side even more. Pretty simple for me. I'm ok removing statues of those that rebelled against the USA and tried to overthrow MY country not have a spot of honor on government property.

Imagine if Egyptians would have removed all of their statues etc....the Greeks, Italians...etc. etc.
History is not just a record of good things that happen, it is a record of ALL things that happened.

A father and a son are walking in a park, the child sees a statue and asks his father "who is that man?"...the father tells him it is General Lee, and then tells him the story of how America was once split, how at that time America had slavery, and how the good guys won.... or...the child never sees the statue and never asked the question.

Okay, but then the child asks, "If Lee was a bad man, why doesn't he have an awesome statue of him?"

"Dad, if FDR was a good man, why did he put a KKK guy on the Supreme Court?"

Last edited:
Imagine if Egyptians would have removed all of their statues etc....the Greeks, Italians...etc. etc.
History is not just a record of good things that happen, it is a record of ALL things that happened.

A father and a son are walking in a park, the child sees a statue and asks his father "who is that man?"...the father tells him it is General Lee, and then tells him the story of how America was once split, how at that time America had slavery, and how the good guys won.... or...the child never sees the statue and never asked the question.

Okay, but then the child asks, "If Lee was a bad man, why doesn't he have an awesome statue of him?"

Hello redundancy..You just can't get any tread on that spam...

Same way in the ME and for the same reasons, ISIS (Progressives) wants to eradicate the past

Last edited:

Same way in the ME and for the same reasons, ISIS (Progressives) want to eradicate the past
Yeah, where are all the old King George statues?

Er I didn't say that.. honestly don't care because it's a non issue

It's a non-issue for you and your white privilege.

It isn't an issue for a black person who has to drive to work every day and see a huge statue of the Founder of the Klan.

Because he didn't. He put a qualified jurist on the court.

No, I said that those statues should come down for some time now. If you go back and do a search, you'll see I was a very strong advocate of taking down Forest's statue last year.

Forum List

Back