Statism died tonight

statism, stateism
1. the principle of concentrating major political and economic controls in the state.
2. the support of the sovereignty of the state. — statist, n., adj.

As opposed to the sovereignty of the people. Central planners, are statists. They want the state to have all power to run the lives of the citizens.

A lack of statism does not equate to anarchy, fool.

I guess you have some evidence too prove that's true? :eusa_whistle:

Statism is just a rallying cry that means "anything I disagree with". Libertarians would have a state so weak it wouldn't even have the power collect taxes for protecting the country. If I'm wrong, why has no country embraced the philosophy?

Statism is not a "rallying cry" of disagreement. It is, the compass for totalitarianism. The United states initially did not embrace statism, it was rejected to the "night watchmen" levels of protection from aggression, fraud, etc. Favoring individual liberties and sovereinty against state aggressions and power reaches.

I'm certainly not going to entertain the fallacy argument of "why u no embrace liberty if it's true. The US was not built on an all controlling power of state over the people, comrade.

statism, stateism
1. the principle of concentrating major political and economic controls in the state.

As opposed to the sovereignty of the people. Central planners, are statists. They want the state to have all power to run the lives of the citizens.

Um..what?

So you favor direct democracy?

Because it seems that "statism" is the sort of government prescribed by the constitution. Even moreso if you go back to original intent..where the only people that were allowed to vote, were land owning whites. And the voted for "representatives" that went to a central location to craft legislation.

So either the people who are braying "Statism" are hostile to the US constitution..and want direct democracy..

Or they are looking for Anarchy..

Or they want Theocracy or Monarchy or a plethora of other conservative forms of government.

a9.jpg

statism, stateism

I guess you have some evidence too prove that's true? :eusa_whistle:

Statism is just a rallying cry that means "anything I disagree with". Libertarians would have a state so weak it wouldn't even have the power collect taxes for protecting the country. If I'm wrong, why has no country embraced the philosophy?

Statism is not a "rallying cry" of disagreement. It is, the compass for totalitarianism. The United states initially did not embrace statism, it was rejected to the "night watchmen" levels of protection from aggression, fraud, etc. Favoring individual liberties and sovereinty against state aggressions and power reaches.

I'm certainly not going to entertain the fallacy argument of "why u no embrace liberty if it's true. The US was not built on an all controlling power of state over the people, comrade.

You seriously don't know what you are talking about.

Read the Constitution. It doesn't support this..notion. Even without the amendments.

A Representative government, by it's nature is both "Statist" and "Collectivist". As are most forms of government.

Well shit. You guys are correct.

Why won't statist just let people be? Fuck, quit trying to enforce what they think is best upon people. It's really no different than the King or Church used to do.

Just stop enforcing your ideas on other people.

Vichy America is out of the race, Romney is a :liberal', remember Sancto's claims?

The envy, avarice, sloth and greed that drives the collectivists will be here as long as humans are still around, unfortunately.

Mankind is forever resided to play Whack-a-Mole against these forces of evil.

Well, I'm sure that billionaires everywhere will be happy to know you are there ready to shine their shoes for them.

Now go get your shinebox!

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQkvjftbV8]goodfellas-shine box - YouTube[/ame]

Actually the term derived from etatism in the 1920s France,. It has nothing to do with Ayn Rand.

Read Omnipotent Government and get back to me.

Well shit. You guys are correct.

Why won't statist just let people be? Fuck, quit trying to enforce what they think is best upon people. It's really no different than the King or Church used to do.

Just stop enforcing your ideas on other people.

Vichy America is out of the race, Romney is a :liberal', remember Sancto's claims?

crybaby.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually the term derived from etatism in the 1920s France,. It has nothing to do with Ayn Rand.

Read Omnipotent Government and get back to me.

She's basically the one that coined it..unless you are big on French history.

Many are jumping ship from Ayn Rand..once they discover the author behind the books.

She was an atheist..which in the minds of some conservatives in America..is almost as bad as being muslim..or black.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvvIEXQlQhc]Paul Ryan Rejects Ayn Rand In Face Of Catholic Criticism - YouTube[/ame]

She didn't "basically" have anything to do with statism. It was disussed amongst economists/philosophists long before Rand was ever even part of the political/socio-economic equations of the 19th century.

So "basically", you really aren't sure what you're taling about. Feel free to move it over to Paul Ryan, Ayn Rand or anything other defletcive excuse you might want.

She didn't "basically" have anything to do with statism. It was disussed amongst economists/philosophists long before Rand was ever even part of the political/socio-economic equations of the 19th century.

So "basically", you really aren't sure what you're taling about. Feel free to move it over to Paul Ryan, Ayn Rand or anything other defletcive excuse you might want.

It's a moot point really, since neither libertarianism nor objectivism have a chance of becoming a prevailing political philosophy. Some make fun of public financing of elections, but that idea has gained more traction in the last few years than either of those philosophies have over the last 50!

:rolleyes:

Another "I wanna say something but I don't know what im talking about". Color me shocked.

Yawn. Why not just caps lock out some more public campiagn finance reform mantras? It's sucha stellar display of short sight and ignorance.

Yawn. Why not just caps lock out some more public campiagn finance reform mantras? It's sucha stellar display of short sight and ignorance.

You like to say that but repeatedly fail to come up with reasons why. That's why I don't subscribe to any "ism" but pragmatism. Hitching your wagon to an ideology is a mistake that should have gone out with the 20th century.

Forum List

Back