Statism died tonight

Statism died? Hahahahaha. "Meet the new Boss. Same as the old boss"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q]The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - YouTube[/ame]

Statism died? Hahahahaha. "Meet the new Boss. Same as the old boss"

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - YouTube
Statism hasn't died yet.

But it has received a mortal wound if they don't treat it quick. This kinda thinking is dangerous for the left.

If God is just, it WILL die inside of 12 years.

It will not die because Republicans are as just as much statist as Democrats.
Depends if the Tea Party and the proponants of small government and individual freedom finally purge the GOP.

umpzk1b8cc.jpg

Statism hasn't died yet.

But it has received a mortal wound if they don't treat it quick. This kinda thinking is dangerous for the left.

If God is just, it WILL die inside of 12 years.

It will not die because Republicans are as just as much statist as Democrats.
Depends if the Tea Party and the proponants of small government and individual freedom finally purge the GOP.

It will not happen because the GOP is controlled by coproprate money. (not that it is much different than who controls the Democrats)

maybe... maybe not.

But it's form will change over the next decade, and probably reduce dramatically. Global financial crisis always does that.

Someone play Don McLean.

Fuck you Commies!

Statism won't die, because without it you have anarchy. Even the most minarchist government is going to need some tax money. How ya gonna get it from me, MFer, without using state power? That's the problem with libertarianism, it's a pipe dream. If you think out what would happen in the situation of a relatively weak state, I don't see how it doesn't completely fall apart, as we fall into a new feudalism with people looking for protection from the strong, instead of the state.

Not to be dis-respective but I think you missed the point. The focal point is the size and depth of government in the lives of it's people and tax payer. No one disavows the need for taxation to support commerce, strong common defense, freedom, education, and provide a safety net for those in need. What has evolved over the past 80 years is the growth and intrusion into one's life and freedom by a government that has evolved into a nanny at the expense of those that work. The centralization of power out of the hands of local communities and states into the hands of professional bureaucrats in DC has stripped away accountability, self determination, and very essence of the American spirit that built this country.

Someone play Don McLean.

Fuck you Commies!

Statism won't die, because without it you have anarchy. Even the most minarchist government is going to need some tax money. How ya gonna get it from me, MFer, without using state power? That's the problem with libertarianism, it's a pipe dream. If you think out what would happen in the situation of a relatively weak state, I don't see how it doesn't completely fall apart, as we fall into a new feudalism with people looking for protection from the strong, instead of the state.

Not to be dis-respective but I think you missed the point. The focal point is the size and depth of government in the lives of it's people and tax payer. No one disavows the need for taxation to support commerce, strong common defense, freedom, education, and provide a safety net for those in need. What has evolved over the past 80 years is the growth and intrusion into one's life and freedom by a government that has evolved into a nanny at the expense of those that work. The centralization of power out of the hands of local communities and states into the hands of professional bureaucrats in DC has stripped away accountability, self determination, and very essence of the American spirit that built this country.

How would such a government collect taxes in the first place? I guess they'd have to send a strongly worded note, since "jack-booted thugs with guns" would be out of the question, right?

I agree we have too may regulations, but if you go the hardline libertarian route, the baby would get thrown out with the bathwater. "Support commerce, education, and provide a safety net for those in need"? Are you a commie? Why should we support businesses? Isn't that "choosing a winner"? Education? Why should I have to pay to educate someone else's child? Safety net? Doesn't that just create dependence? :doubt:

How would such a government collect taxes in the first place? I guess they'd have to send a strongly worded note, since "jack-booted thugs with guns" would be out of the question, right?

I agree we have too may regulations, but if you go the hardline libertarian route, the baby would get thrown out with the bathwater. "Support commerce, education, and provide a safety net for those in need"? Are you a commie? Why should we support businesses? Isn't that "choosing a winner"? Education? Why should I have to pay to educate someone else's child? Safety net? Doesn't that just create dependence? :doubt:

Same way as they do today, just not as much. The state's on the other hand would in most cases extrapolate more, look at their unfunded liabilities. The key is the states and communities would do a better job in providing and understanding essential services at the same time be more responsive to the will of the people.

Forum List

Back