States With Stand Your Ground Laws See More Homicides

You do realize you can literally make statistics say anything?

Did you know that the top 3 cities for Lesbians per capita are also the top 3 cities for murders per capita? LOOK OUT SON LESBIANS CAUSE MURDER

What exactly is it some of you guys have against people defending themselves, their families, and their property from others?

How many homicides would have been found "justifiable" if these laws were not on the books?

That's a good question. And upon considering it, the legal ability to stand your ground is all the more important. There's no reason a non-provoking person should have to attempt retreat in the face of death or serious injury.

In other words, judges and prosecutors hands are tied in some cases. Because of the law, people are getting away with killing people who were no real threat to them.

Like I said before, not all stand your ground laws are like that in Florida. A stand your ground law, in truest form, means exactly that....STAND your ground. If I'm out in public, and a person pulls a gun on me, I do not have a duty to attempt retreat before I can defend myself. Florida's very messy law has elements that are more like a "retain your conquered ground" law. The distinction is extremely important and should not be ignored.

You do realize you can literally make statistics say anything?

Did you know that the top 3 cities for Lesbians per capita are also the top 3 cities for murders per capita? LOOK OUT SON LESBIANS CAUSE MURDER

Very well done!

The most common issues with studies are:

1) People equate correlation with causation
2) People take 1 study using a small sample set and extrapolate it to the population at large
3) People pick one thing out of a study and harp on it to the exclusion of the other data.

Nope and thats a stupid question.

No, it is not a stupid question.

It is when race has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand

lol.

Why do people act like the reason man has been killing one another (since the dawn of cohabitation) is because we haven't had super tight gun lawns. Here is the deal, criminals are going to break laws and the only chance law abiders have is to defend themselves on an equal playing field. If the President and others can have their ground stood for them by guys armed to the teeth than so should I.

How many homicides would have been found "justifiable" if these laws were not on the books? In other words, judges and prosecutors hands are tied in some cases. Because of the law, people are getting away with killing people who were no real threat to them.

Aside from the controversial Zimmerman/Martin case, who is getting away with killing people who were no real threat to them?

nine posts in and Jose plays the race card

He's not "playing the race card". A man in Florida shot an unarmed 17 year old in a car with his friends after an argument over loud music.

Florida man shoots and kills 17-year-old teen after argument over loud music at gas station - NY Daily News

I hope this guy dies in prison.

why drag race into it at all?

Because that's what Marxists do when they are losing an argument.

Based on one incident?

Well there is the guy who shot the kid because of music, and then George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin. That's two shootings of unarmed black teenagers in Florida in less than a year.

The one incident I was referring to was the guy who shot the kids because of the music.

With the Zimmerman/Martin case, evidence has already shown that Zimmerman was being physically assaulted by Martin.

wanna discuss the black on white homicides ?

I can assure you there are more than two

I'm talking about unarmed black teenagers being attacked by people who claim they felt threatened. The Trayvon Martin case is especially distressing. Martin was targeted BECAUSE he was black.

Would the white man have shot at a carload of white kids?

When unarmed teenagers are being attacked and killed by adults who feel threatened by them, it's time to reconsider Stand Your Ground. These are laws promoted by the NRA for no other reason than to give their lobbyists something to do.

Self-defence is already legal. There has to be some onus on the individual to try to de-escalate situations. Stand Your Ground escalates confrontations leading to more deaths. That's already been proven.

wanna discuss the black on white homicides ?

I can assure you there are more than two

I'm talking about unarmed black teenagers being attacked by people who claim they felt threatened. The Trayvon Martin case is especially distressing. Martin was targeted BECAUSE he was black.

Would the white man have shot at a carload of white kids?

When unarmed teenagers are being attacked and killed by adults who feel threatened by them, it's time to reconsider Stand Your Ground. These are laws promoted by the NRA for no other reason than to give their lobbyists something to do.

Self-defence is already legal. There has to be some onus on the individual to try to de-escalate situations. Stand Your Ground escalates confrontations leading to more deaths. That's already been proven.
Stand your ground laws were created in reaction to liberal laws that forced a citizen to flee his dwelling because someone broke into their home.

Forum List

Back