• Gerald Ford

• Jimmy Carter

• Ronald Reagan

• George HW Bush

• Bill Clinton

• George W Bush

• Barack Obama

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where is "none of the above"? If you asked which President fostered pedophilia the most without a "none of the above", it would be just as misleading and invalid.

If you really believe the US does not sponsor terrorism, then you are living in an echo chamber. XXXX -- Mod Edit -- personal flame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am only 30 but I have read about Reagan.
Obama has been arming/training terrorists for almost 8 years. He has "accidently" dropped a few weapon caches to ISIS, his friends support ISIS(or have), and he aided Iran. His administration even acknowledged some of the money would be used for terrorism..
You could possibly blame ignorance for my opinions, but if you do, please inform me.
Disagreed. The problem with this topic is the old maxim "One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist". Let's not forget that some American Revolutionaries committed acts that the British would consider, by modern standards, terrorism. Same thing happened on both sides during the Civil War.

Another thing to consider is that Reagan arming Afghan freedom fighters against the Soviets is separate from the fact, after the war, some of those freedom fighters became in religious-based terrorist activities.

Regarding Syria, our military and intelligence forces have worked hard to only arm secular Syrian rebels, not fundamentalist terrorists. However, in a war zone, that means some weapons can fall into terrorist hands just as American weapons we gave to Iraq ended up in the hands of terrorists.

I disagree with the premise of the OP; the US doesn't sponsor terrorism and it is not a State sponsor of terrorism. That point, as mentioned above, doesn't mean US-made or supplied weapons haven't fallen into terrorist hands.

He has "accidently" dropped a few weapon caches to ISIS, his friends support ISIS(or have), and he aided Iran.

I have no knowledge of the Obama administration supplying ISIS. I acknowledge that they supplied Al-Nusra (at approval of congress), but not Daesh.

Iran does not sponsor terrorism. Hezbollah, Houthis, and Quds Force do not engage in terroriosm. However, the Iranian military does oppress and terrorize minorities within their countries, such as Kurds, Baha'i, and Sunni.

You could possibly blame ignorance for my opinions, but if you do, please inform me.

Any list implicating Obama could not even come even close to surpassing the level of shit that the Reagan administration committed.

His administration committed hundreds of acts in dozens of countries all over the world. The whole entire Reagan doctrine consisted of financing questionable groups (some disavowed by the US today) and using the CIA to institute third world regime changes.

The Eritrean state alone is enough to put Reagan at the top.
"accidental" to ISIS. A couple times.
Yes, they do. That's probably the stupidest thing I have read today
Meh. Look at the ME now compared to 30 years ago. Of course, I also think ISIS is a proxy, so I could be a bit biased.
obama dropped wepaon caches to isis - Bing

I don't think there have been American presidents who really sponsored terrorism but some of them made bad things.
Maybe the worst were Truman because gave the order to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki :(

Chomsky was a communist asshole that manipulated people. HE is the reason the word racist got raped by limp wristed hippies.

Was? Noah Chomsky is still alive and is a respected intellectual of the anarchist community.

How is someone that literally wants to get rid of rulers, oppression, and state terror an asshole? You are the fascist ***** that want to try and control everybody, not Chomsky.
LMAO

Yet you are not going to provide evidence?

What terrorist group does Iran sponsor? They back up about a half dozen groups in the Middle East, and none of them have any serious record of terrorism.

There are links saying that ISIS claims (on a members blog) that they captured US weapon caches. Are you basing this off of a blog?

Do not develop a complex where you believe whatever you want to believe. A lot of partisans and nutters are like that, and I cannot stand it.

Translation: I cannot refute what you just said so I will deflect with fake written laughter

Noah Chomsky is anti-government, and by extension anti-power. How can someone that only wants to enlighten you, and not control you, be an asshole?

Do you disagree with his writings on Western imperialism? Are you upset that he does not worship the system like you do? Why exactly is he an asshole?

Meh. Look at the ME now compared to 30 years ago. Of course, I also think ISIS is a proxy, so I could be a bit biased.
Agreed and disagreed. Yes, accidental. Fog of war. Shit happens. If every war there are friendly fire losses. Same goes for losses of supplies to the enemy. Air drops aren't anymore perfect than bomb drops.

As for the ME, I readily agree. Despite appearances, things have gotten better in many respects, but like the game of Whack-A-Mole, other problems have popped up. The main one being the culmination of radical Islam. Specifically the Wahhabist Sunni version. In that case, ISIS isn't a proxy, but the pinnacle of over 100 years of a fundamentalist version of Sunni Islam.

Yet you are not going to provide evidence?

What terrorist group does Iran sponsor? They back up about a half dozen groups in the Middle East, and none of them have any serious record of terrorism.

There are links saying that ISIS claims (on a members blog) that they captured US weapon caches. Are you basing this off of a blog?

Do not develop a complex where you believe whatever you want to believe. A lot of partisans and nutters are like that, and I cannot stand it.
HAMAS, Hezbollah, small sub groups of Palestinian jihad, Iranian proxies in Iraq and al Q just to name a few. Do you know anything about Iran? Since the late 70s, that's been their thing; terrorism.

Translation: I cannot refute what you just said so I will deflect with fake written laughter

Noah Chomsky is anti-government, and by extension anti-power. How can someone that only wants to enlighten you, and not control you, be an asshole?

Do you disagree with his writings on Western imperialism? Are you upset that he does not worship the system like you do? Why exactly is he an asshole?
There is nothing to refute. Who gives a fuck who a bunch of loony fuck anarchists think is an "intellectual?"
And fascism isn't wanting roads, bridges and civilization. That's the problem with extremists, they distort whatever they can. Just like what chomskys ass did with racism.
I don't worship "the system". I believe in civilization and I understand human nature.

The contras weren't terrorists....the government they were fighting were...

I see you were brainwashed by the state propaganda machine.

big_SaveTheContras-470x331.jpg

The US media was actively influenced by the Reagan administration to lionize the Contras and cover for their war crimes. The reality is that they were savage mercenaries bought and paid for by the CIA.
Must of pissed you off when the Communists were overthrown there. Why is it that you failed to mention that the Contras were fighting against the commies that I am sure committed war crimes against its citizens that rose up to expel them? Hmmm. Also, you failed to say anything about Jimmy Carter, why is that?

Why did the US support the contras in Nicaragua? | eNotes
The United States gave support to the “Contra” rebels in Nicaragua because those rebels were fighting against a regime that was heavily influenced by communists and which was friendly with the Soviet Union. Beginning with President Jimmy Carter, American leaders did not want a communist-backed government so near to the United States.

Agreed and disagreed. Yes, accidental. Fog of war. Shit happens. If every war there are friendly fire losses. Same goes for losses of supplies to the enemy. Air drops aren't anymore perfect than bomb drops.

As for the ME, I readily agree. Despite appearances, things have gotten better in many respects, but like the game of Whack-A-Mole, other problems have popped up. The main one being the culmination of radical Islam. Specifically the Wahhabist Sunni version. In that case, ISIS isn't a proxy, but the pinnacle of over 100 years of a fundamentalist version of Sunni Islam.
But it happened more than once. He also thought it was a good idea to give ISIS warnings before a bombing when they weren't even in town. There are ALL kinds of factors as to why I think ISIS is proxy. Search my threads I have started. I cant begin to explain it all at once.

HAMAS, Hezbollah, small sub groups of Palestinian jihad, Iranian proxies in Iraq and al Q just to name a few. Do you know anything about Iran? Since the late 70s, that's been their thing; terrorism.

You might have a point about Hamas, although I believe the Iranians actually go through the Palestinian Liberation Army (PLA).

Iran is definitely not friends with Al-Qaeda. They have no proxies in Iraq, although Quds Force is active there. Hezbollah has had limited operations in Iraq in the past, but nothing significant.

Like I said, Iran definitely engages in terrorism within their own country. They do not sponsor terrorism abroad to my knowledge, but I will have to look into whether or not they are financing Hamas.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Reagan, because when Bin Laden and his muhajadeen were fighting the Russians, Reagan supplied them with lots of weapons.

Later, those same weapons were used against us.

Add to that what was done in Nicaragua.

His extra-Constitutional activities may not have been terrorist as well, but they certainly didn't aid the cause of democracy.

Must of pissed you off when the Communists were overthrown there. Why is it that you failed to mention that the Contras were fighting against the commies that I am sure committed war crimes against its citizens that rose up to expel them? Hmmm. Also, you failed to say anything about Jimmy Carter, why is that?

Yes, the "communists."

Just a boogeyman to justify CIA regime changes in the third world. They were not communists. They just had the audacity to nationalize within the US sphere of influence.

Why did the US support the contras in Nicaragua? | eNotes The United States gave support to the “Contra” rebels in Nicaragua because those rebels were fighting against a regime that was heavily influenced by communists and which was friendly with the Soviet Union. Beginning with President Jimmy Carter, American leaders did not want a communist-backed government so near to the United States.

Sorry, that democracy vs communism bullshit became tiring after the 50s.

No one really had moral highground by the sixties, and the governments were essentially the same. The only distinction is that the USSR and China were more honest about their militarism and support for special interests, whereas the US actively covered it up.

Last edited:
Add to that what was done in Nicaragua.

His extra-Constitutional activities may not have been terrorist as well, but they certainly didn't aid the cause of democracy.

Groups that blow up and massacre schools and hospitals are terrorists. Period.

The fact that the Reagan administration and media tried to call them freedom fighters was an insult to the countries collective intelligence.

I don't think there have been American presidents who really sponsored terrorism but some of them made bad things.
Maybe the worst were Truman because gave the order to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki :(
Agreed about not sponsoring terrorism. Atomic bombs were developed in defense against a Nazi program attempting the same thing. No doubt that if the Third Reich hadn't fallen when it did, we'd have dropped them in Germany first.

Secondly, more people were killed in the fire bombings of Tokyo than at either Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

Lastly, and most importantly, as President and Commander in Chief, Truman had a sworn duty to defend the nation and protect his troops. If he did not use everything in his power to win the war as quickly as possible, he would have been both remiss and negligent in his duties.

Forum List

Back