Starbucks Hurt by Refugee Pledge

Unexpectedly.

Reuters reports Starbucks Corp.’s pledge to hire thousands of refugees has harmed its image among consumers, according to one measure. Amid a boycott campaign organized by immigration opponents, Starbucks’ consumer perception levels as measured by YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score fell by two-thirds between Jan. 29 and Feb. 13, and have not recovered.

Starbucks CEO's refugee comments sour customer views of chain: survey

Fucking moron snowflakes.

YOU SELL COFFEE.....LEAVE THE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR BULLSHIT OUT OF COFFEE.

Last edited:
weatherman wants to control Starbucks policies overseas, I see.
Thanks for validating the left have no problem with treating women as subhumans.
That is the Alt Right and Far Right that do that, of course. You as a fascist want to control businesses overseas.
Says the dufus who has no problem with Starbucks denying women from entering their stores.

Well let be truthful they are not denying any woman here in the states the right to enter their business.

Now if they want to do business in a Muslim country that denies women civil rights, well that is part of doing business in that damn country.

Sorry but that is the reality of the wonderful world we live in.

Now for me Starbuck coffee sucks green donkey dick and not worth the amount they charge, so it matter not to me what country they do business in seeing I do not spend money at their establishment and even if I did I would not deny them the right to earn a dollar.

Immigration opponents? Well, duh.

I can't think of something more asinine for a company to do than make political statements knowing you're going to piss off half of your customer base and possibly send them to a competitor. These CEOs and executives who think they are taking some moral high road by publicly engaging in these campaign have their heads up their ass. If I had been a shareholder of Starbucks or of Target last year I would have been furious.

Thanks for validating the left have no problem with treating women as subhumans.
That is the Alt Right and Far Right that do that, of course. You as a fascist want to control businesses overseas.
Says the dufus who has no problem with Starbucks denying women from entering their stores.

Well let be truthful they are not denying any woman here in the states the right to enter their business.

Now if they want to do business in a Muslim country that denies women civil rights, well that is part of doing business in that damn country.

Now for me Starbuck coffee sucks green donkey dick and not worth the amount they charge, so it matter not to me what country they do business in seeing I do not spend money at their establishment and even if I did I would not deny them the right to earn a dollar.
As I said, Starbucks has no problem making a buck from treating women as subhuman

Funny how leftist Starbucks has no issue with operating stores that ban women from even entering.

You gotta splain that one.
In some Muslim countries, women are not allowed in cafes where men are. Starbucks follows tradition in foreign countries, but they also opened some stores with separate rooms for women and men. Different entrances and everything. So everyone can have their overpriced coffee.

Sounds dumb to me, but I heard an old lady complaining about women wearing pants the other day. Everybody has their own crazy religious beliefs. I guess that's theirs.
I don't think women wearing pants is a religious thing. Just a crotchety old lady thing. LOL
Sharia law keeps women well hidden and isolated from the world of men. Apparently over there they are afraid if another man views your woman, he will be overcome and ... well you know....

As I said, Starbucks has no problem making a buck from treating women as subhuman

That goes for every corporation that does business in those countries!

If you're going to scorn Starbucks for being motivated to earn a dollar then why not bash every corporation that does it!?!

Simple, the fact they said and did something that did not please you and attempted to make Trump look stupid.

So again they do not do it here in the states and as for other countries and their damn rules, well life sucks and maybe those females should kill the men in those countries so that the rules will change and if not oh well!

Funny how leftist Starbucks has no issue with operating stores that ban women from even entering.

In some Muslim countries, women are not allowed in cafes where men are. Starbucks follows tradition in foreign countries, but they also opened some stores with separate rooms for women and men. Different entrances and everything. So everyone can have their overpriced coffee.
Starbucks could have told those nations to F off with their treatment of women as animals, but they chose to make a buck.
Sure. The U.S. should tell Saudi Arabia to F off, too, with their treatment of women as animals, and stop buying its oil. I think you're a little crazy if you think that's how business works.

Unexpectedly.

Reuters reports Starbucks Corp.’s pledge to hire thousands of refugees has harmed its image among consumers, according to one measure. Amid a boycott campaign organized by immigration opponents, Starbucks’ consumer perception levels as measured by YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score fell by two-thirds between Jan. 29 and Feb. 13, and have not recovered.

YOU SELL COFFEE.....LEAVE THE SOCILA JUSTICE WARRIOR BULLSHIT OUT OF COFFEE.
IT'S HIS COMPANY; HE CAN RUN IT LIKE HE WANTS TO. He's been outspoken about a lot of things the past few years.

Sounds dumb to me, but I heard an old lady complaining about women wearing pants the other day. Everybody has their own crazy religious beliefs. I guess that's theirs.
I don't think women wearing pants is a religious thing. Just a crotchety old lady thing. LOL
Sharia law keeps women well hidden and isolated from the world of men. Apparently over there they are afraid if another man views your woman, he will be overcome and ... well you know....

I remember a few Pentecostal churches that required their women to wear dresses.

So yeah it happen here and also check the Mennonites and Amish communities and notice no pants allow for the women.

Hell if I am correct the FLDS also has a rule like that...

Starbucks could have told those nations to F off with their treatment of women as animals, but they chose to make a buck.
Sure. The U.S. should tell Saudi Arabia to F off, too, with their treatment of women as animals, and stop buying its oil. I think you're a little crazy if you think that's how business works.

Better yet will the op'er stop driving because of the chance that the oil that is used to make the petro for his or her auto might have come from one of those Muslim countries!?!

Unexpectedly.

IT'S HIS COMPANY; HE CAN RUN IT LIKE HE WANTS TO. He's been outspoken about a lot of things the past few years.

Actually it's not his company and he has an obligation to the shareholders....he failed

Unexpectedly.

..and he can see his sales plummet and possiblly fuck over his employees and stakeholders.

It's not HIS company.

Starbucks is a publicly traded corporation, not a sole proprietorship.

I'm not at all surprised you don't understand the concept of others relying on you to make sound decisions.

Starbucks Corporation Common Stock (SBUX)

There are 1.5 BILLION shares of STARBUCKS...each worth roughly $50.

STARBUCKS has about 250,000 employees.

It's not "HIS" company, you simpleton.

His decisions have consequences for MILLIONS of people. What if he was a nudist and conducted all company business wearing nothing but a tube sock on his penis?..."IT'S HIS COMPANY; HE CAN RUN IT LIKE HE WANTS TO. " according to you.

Last edited:
Unexpectedly.

Agreed. Just like Chik-Fil-A and any other business.

We covered the "10,000 refugee" claim in another thread. It's world wide. IIRC, it's spread over 5 years and well over 200,000 employees in a business with a 62% annual turnover rate (which is good in the fast service/minimum wage category). It's more a political statement to Millenials than business reality. The last time I was in a Starbucks, it was mostly 20somethings and Beemer owners. FWIW, the only reason I was there was because someone else was buying.

I remember a few Pentecostal churches that required their women to wear dresses.

So yeah it happen here and also check the Mennonites and Amish communities and notice no pants allow for the women.

Hell if I am correct the FLDS also has a rule like that...
It's a conspiracy. They're all heavily invested in Lady Schick and Veet.
I worked for an old fossil of an Executive Director for years who imposed the same rule. Also had to wear heels. He was obviously just a leg man, though.

Forum List

Back