Star Trek Movie

My son saw it last night. Said it was outstanding. I plan on waiting, as usual, until it comes out on disc. I just can't force myself to go to a theater and have a couple of numb skulls sitting behind me, kicking my seat, talking, laughing, not paying attention.... it's happened enough times that I just say ta' hell with it... I'll watch it at home on my home theater.

Saw it. Loved it.

A lot of "do-over" movies tend to get lost recreating the storyline. This one is different and dares to go outside of some lines but does a pretty good job being faithful to both the TV series and the movie series.

You know it's not a real Star Trek movie until you hear Bones say, "Dammit man! I'm a doctor not a physicist!"

Each character gets to use the one-liner that has defined them in the past. What I like is that they took the time to give each character texture and depth rather than taking the cheap way out by assuming we all know who they are. Interesting surprises, too! I think Trekkies will appreciate it.

Warp speed!

The movie was entertaining from start to finish and is worth the ticket price to see in a theater. Well done!

Saw it. Loved it.

A lot of "do-over" movies tend to get lost recreating the storyline. This one is different and dares to go outside of some lines but does a pretty good job being faithful to both the TV series and the movie series.

You know it's not a real Star Trek movie until you hear Bones say, "Dammit man! I'm a doctor not a physicist!"

Each character gets to use the one-liner that has defined them in the past. What I like is that they took the time to give each character texture and depth rather than taking the cheap way out by assuming we all know who they are. Interesting surprises, too! I think Trekkies will appreciate it.

Warp speed!

JJ Abrams has said he wants people who have never seen a Star Trek show/movie to be able to enjoy this movie, and relate to the characters.
From every review I've read he did a Top Notch job with this movie! I can't wait to see it!

WE LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2:

My daughter didn't really want to see it, now she wants to go see it again! :lol:

You don't have to be a Trekkie, a Star Trek fan even, to enjoy this movie. Go see it if you get the chance! It's a fun escape for 2 hours!

My son saw it last night. Said it was outstanding. I plan on waiting, as usual, until it comes out on disc. I just can't force myself to go to a theater and have a couple of numb skulls sitting behind me, kicking my seat, talking, laughing, not paying attention.... it's happened enough times that I just say ta' hell with it... I'll watch it at home on my home theater.

Go on a monday night. There is almost never anyone there on a mondy. its like having the theatre to yourself.

Then again the home theatre would be even sweeter.

Go on a monday night. There is almost never anyone there on a mondy. its like having the theatre to yourself.

Then again the home theatre would be even sweeter.

I'm looking at replacing my 32 inch LCD Sony Bravia with a Sony VPL-VW60 SRXD LCOS projector. It will display from a 40 inch up to a 350 inch picture. I have the perfect wall here in this house for a projector. I'll have a movie theater in my living room then.

All of us who went today in my group are big Star Trek fans, all the way up to Enterprise, which we finally could not tolerate as the final series of the Star Trek schema.

We went to the matinee and there was no line, to speak of. It was ok, but the special effects were overdone, too flashy, almost chaotic. The huge Romulan ship was beyond belief in any universe where the laws of physics apply in any reasonable way.

The appearance of Spock as his younger self and elder self at the same time was not adequately explained but somehow necessary so that Leonard Nimoy/Spock could make a cameo. It was hard to take James Tiberius Kirk seriously as a military officer, and that bled over to the degree it was possible to take his role from careless upstart to a Star Fleet Captain as a reasonable possibility. It was a real stretch.

What I got from it was that it was an opportunity to create a hammed up pre-quel, something that seems to be the rage the last few years. I could tell from the laughter of the crowd at keyed phrases spoken by the characters that they (the audience) was emotionally connecting fondly to the original first series on tV

When it comes out in DVD or "On Demand" on cable might be a good time to take it in. Sorry I can't be more positive about it; it seemed a little immature to me.

Last edited:
Spocks appearance was completely explained unless you went to piss during that part. Just as the Romulans destroying shit was explained.

You must not understand the concept that some people are natural leaders. And the fact he was made 1st officer by the Captain would lead one to believe his years at the training had impressed said Captain. There is only so much a movie can show, they skipped the training years but gave you the needed clues to understand what was going on.

I saw the movie. Always good to see Nimoy. JJ Abrams woke up this morning feeling bigger than a pig in a football sized pen full of mud. Beat expectations by over $20 million and has a 96% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes.

The first 5 minutes of the movie you feel like you've left the old Star Trek and begun anew. It was interesting... quite interesting.

I thought the movie was good, not great. I'm a fan of movies that take their time to develop... this movie crammed a lot of plot into two hours. I don't like that. The special effects were far superior to any previous Trek, but not far superior to any other movie. I like to sit and savior a plot that takes time to develop instead of warping at it with phasers on kill. I'd give the movie a B.

I thought the movie was great too. So did my girlfriend. They did an excellent job capturing the critical inteplay between characters, especially the key guys Kirk Spock and McCoy. Really the best in that department since the original series. Great job on casting. Nice mixture of nod to the old with a mix of the new. I also thought the "changed future" theme was a nice touch to allow them to reinvent the series without having to be beholden to the original history.

Probably the best Star Trek movie yet. Did the namesake proud. It should give what was the ailing Star Trek franchise another 10 years of life if they can keep making them like this one.

Been watching Trek for 40+ years, I will watch this one too, good or bad.

Ive seen every original episode, every next generation episode, and most of the Enterprise, Voyager and Deep Space Nine episodes, and of course every movie. Im a huge fan of the originals. With that said, i just dont see how anyone could be disappointed with this newest version. Its easily the best film to date... though i still hold alot of love for "The Wrath of Khan".

ok.....i saw it.....and thought they pulled it off....by showing how Spock Prime came to be in the past and what happened because of that......i can go with it.....they all did a good job....

We went to the matinee and there was no line, to speak of. It was ok, but the special effects were overdone, too flashy, almost chaotic. The huge Romulan ship was beyond belief in any universe where the laws of physics apply in any reasonable way.

they have run into ships before that were even bigger than this one,many times....Picards Enterprise is 3x the size of Kirks and the Borg cubes dwarfed it....and besides there was a book out about Star Trek science written by 2 physicists who like star trek and those guys say that your statement is bull....

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back