Stacey Abrams 2020: she looks presidential & she's got the right pedigree to fix voter suppression

_63K folks were denied the right to vote in the Georgia gubernatorial election, 90 percent of whom were black

"we dont suppress you because you're black, we suppress you because you vote Democrat" - Governor Kemp's spokesman

_Mrs Abrams cut her teeth during 11 years as minority leader, plus as CEO of a non-profit. Mrs Abrams is also an author of romance fiction novels

_Mrs Abrams looks like America. the diversity of America.

_Mrs Abrams identifies with folks who feel they are being left out

Please provide examples of voter suppression ?

see post #78

"Whether it is the struggle is against racism, or sexism, or homophobia, or corporate greed, or environmental devastation, or war and militarism or religious bigotry—real change never takes place from the top on down. It always takes place from the bottom on up." - Mrs Abrams

_63K folks were denied the right to vote in the Georgia gubernatorial election, 90 percent of whom were black

"we dont suppress you because you're black, we suppress you because you vote Democrat" - Governor Kemp's spokesman

_Mrs Abrams cut her teeth during 11 years as minority leader, plus as CEO of a non-profit. Mrs Abrams is also an author of romance fiction novels

see post #78

Verifying citizenship is not voter suppression you loon. I know the left believes illegal aliens should be able to vote but its illegal.

see post #78

Verifying citizenship is not voter suppression you loon. I know the left believes illegal aliens should be able to vote but its illegal.

we dont owe anything to illegals. we owe everything to our veterans!

it's that time we are to dream again in america. this is a time, my friends, where the truth is under assault!

Secretary Hillary Clinton praises Abrams, fights for voting rights!

from The Rolling Stone:

After Election Day, Stacey Abrams briefly considered moving far away from Atlanta. “There was probably a 24-hour period, maybe 48 hours, where I was ready to move to a small island and become a writer full-time,” she says. As the author of eight romance novels, Abrams could have done just that. She claims to be “an introvert by nature,” though you wouldn’t know it from all the hands she held and homes she visited during her historic run — and disputed loss — for the Georgia governorship last year.

“I’m someone who typically, after a while, I just need to go sit by myself,” she says. But she knew pretty quickly her island escape wasn’t going to happen. “Instead of going off to lick my wounds, I doubled down,” she says. “I’m the first black woman to do what I have done, and that means my obligation to make sure other women of color, other people, believe they can try too — that lesson is going to be taught through my actions, and so I’ve gotta get to work.”

Right after the election, she launched the organization Fair Fight Georgia to combat voter suppression as well as amplify the progressive policies central to her platform: expansion of Medicaid, public education, criminal-justice reform. “Whether or not I’m in office, my responsibility is to advocate for the changes I believe are necessary,” she says. “I’m in a space where I have a pretty big megaphone, and I intend to use it.”

"An alarming number of Democratic politicians have taken to bluntly asserting that the Georgia governor’s race was stolen." - Yglesias

let's say this loud and clear. without voter suppression, Stacey Abrams is governor of Georgia, Andrew Gillum is Governor of Florida, Ben Jealous is Governor of Maryland, & Hillary is POTUS!

Stacy Abrams looks like The Fridge's twin sister. And she's dumber! Next!

Gillum was a corrupt mayor, lucky he's not in FSP right now.

I have a better idea....

All registered Democrats should run.
It's almost there now.

Jo

Abrams wanted to be a physicist. she didnt even try. "i was black, a girl, from the wrong family and the wrong zip code. i was really good at being a black woman compared to either woman...but could i do more? the answer was a resounding NO" - Abrams writes in her memoir

Sure....all you need to do for that is identify as a physicist. No need to learn Chemistry, Calculus or quantum theory....that stuff is for losers!

Jo

Ga is suppressing votes, and by refusing to acknowledge the irrefutable you make your views irrelevant.

Ca's voting is iffy too, btw, but differently.
List the names of legitimate GA voters that we're not allowed to vote.

I'll wait.

Forum List

Back