Stabbing at NYC synagogue during prayer; suspect dead.

The poor student, I wonder if he will make it:

The suspect, Calvin Peters, 50, was believed to be homeless, CNN reported.

Authorities and witnesses said he simply walked into the basement of the synagogue to a group of praying people, asked for the Bible and left. He returned shortly later and stabbed an Israeli student in the head, the New York Post reported.

“He’s a very serious student — he’d been studying all day,” witness Levi Deutsch told the New York Post. “He was stabbed in the side of the head. He was conscious, but he was bleeding a lot.”

Witnesses flagged down police, who confronted Mr. Peters — all captured on a dramatic video on the New York Post.

The suspect brandished his knife, and after shortly after, police shot him.

Sad.

Calvin Peters synagogue stabbing suspect killed by New York police - Washington Times

If the perp is homeless, then I doubt that this was motivated by politics or outright anti-semitism. The guy may have just been totally crazy in his head - but wait and see what the preliminary reports say. Since the perp is dead, he can't say anything anymore.

-------------------------

Then again:

Calvin Peters of Valley Stream shot by police after stabbing student in synagogue NYPD says - Newsday

...Peters refused and, with the knife in his hand, charged at one of the officers, who fired once, striking him in the torso, police said.

Police said no other officers discharged their weapons.

Peters, of Wyngate Drive East, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police say Peters was emotionally disturbed and had a documented history of mental illness. They say he had been arrested 19 times since 1982, most recently in 2006 for drugs.

Authorities and witnesses said he simply walked into the basement of the synagogue to a group of praying people, asked for the Bible and left. He returned shortly later and stabbed an Israeli student in the head, the New York Post reported.

“He’s a very serious student — he’d been studying all day,” witness Levi Deutsch told the New York Post. “He was stabbed in the side of the head. He was conscious, but he was bleeding a lot.”

Witnesses flagged down police, who confronted Mr. Peters — all captured on a dramatic video on the New York Post.

Sad.

Calvin Peters synagogue stabbing suspect killed by New York police - Washington Times

If the perp is homeless, then I doubt that this was motivated by politics or outright anti-semitism. The guy may have just been totally crazy in his head - but wait and see what the preliminary reports say. Since the perp is dead, he can't say anything anymore.

Then again:

Calvin Peters of Valley Stream shot by police after stabbing student in synagogue NYPD says - Newsday

...Peters refused and, with the knife in his hand, charged at one of the officers, who fired once, striking him in the torso, police said.

Peters, of Wyngate Drive East, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police say Peters was emotionally disturbed and had a documented history of mental illness. They say he had been arrested 19 times since 1982, most recently in 2006 for drugs.
I've been there praying many times... from what i hear the student will be ok

Sad.

Then again:

I've been there praying many times... from what i hear the student will be ok

Good to know.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT NYPD anti-terror officers swarmed Chabad-Lubavitch in Crown Heights after Israeli student Levi Rosenviat, 22, was stabbed during prayer early Tuesday. Police fatally shot 49-year-old Calvin Peters after a tense confrontation.

Stabbing at NYC synagogue during prayer suspect dead Latest News Videos Fox News
Cops swarm Brooklyn synagogue after student is stabbed - NY Daily News

Refu'ah Shleima to Levi:(

The cops did a good job, hopefully they won't get screwed for denying the guy the "carnage freedom"...

Early in the video, the first officer holsters his gun. Very strange he would do that.
He had another 2 officers pointing a gun and when the suspect placed the knife down on the table he tried to reach the handcuffs but the suspect made a move towards the knife so he draw back again, there was actually a room for mistake by not ordering him to lay on the ground and the usual procedure but still it was a matter of live decision making and I bet he considered this to be a theft attempt or something alike when its obvious he won't try to reach it anymore, we can go on analyzing that but I don't think we can get down to the bottom of it..

So where are the JEWS RIOTING and LOOTING in Brooklyn.... I mean here a black man runs into a synagogue, yells "I WANT TO KILL THE JEW" and may have accomplished his hideous act! Where is Al, and Jesse, and Louie standing with the Jew against this type of RACISM? .... They'll be there when OBUMA makes a statement about this..... Which means NEVER!!!!

Forum List

Back