St. Patrick's Day Hangover Recovery Kit

Water is going to be the best thing to treat your hangover. Drink tons before you retire and you won't have a hangover

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• Banned
I thought Eggs were an interesting idea. Apparently they clean toxins from your body. Banana's too for potassium,electolytes and a queasy stomach.

Fruit

Bananas will help replenish lost electrolytes and potassium, as well as lay a healthy base in your queasy stomach. Other potassium-rich fruits like kiwi fruit and apricots work just as well. The water and natural sugar in fruit are easier on your stomach than processed foods are. The fructose also increases the body's energy, a literal natural sugar high. Citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit are great for replacing vitamin C, which will help boost your immune system.

Eggs

The protein in eggs provides the body with needed energy. Eggs also contain large amounts of cysteine, a chemical that breaks down the hangover-causing toxin acetaldehyde. They can act like a mop, helping to clean up the toxins lingering like party guests who overstay their welcome.

Hang on a a second there, Shadow. Are we talking about a real, full-blown bout of 'brewers flu', or are we talking about one of those faggy excuses for a hangover suffered by Americans after a night on Bud Lights and a couple of shooters?

• Banned
Why... do you have different remedies for the two different catagories? If so lets hear em...:)

And no oranges...I don't do oranges. Yuck.

Why... do you have different remedies for the two different catagories? If so lets hear em...

And no oranges...I don't do oranges. Yuck.

The most effective counter-measure to avoid the brewers wrath, no matter the impending severity, is to take two painkillers before collapsing, they'll thin your blood.

If, however, you fail in this simple exercise in avoidance - it's OK, no-one's perfect (except me) - then the following should help towards relieving any pain.

The milder hangover, typically suffered in America - symptoms being a mild headache, an upset stomach - can be relieved by plenty of water, fruit-based drinks and eventually some fresh air.

The kind of barbaric hangover suffered by most British and Irish males, however, is an entirely different beast. On a Sunday morning, two young men, one in Dublin, the other in London, will awake to a headache that feels like someone is playing golf inside of their skull. Their tongue will invariably be stuck to their top lip, and in some cases, they will have shitted in their bed. Both will attempt to drag themselves to the bathroom to quench their rasping thirsts, and vomit in the toilet. Their heads will eventually rise from the toilet bowl, they attempt calling for help, but can only muster the strength to mouth the word 'mother'. They will drag their limp, almost lifeless bodies back to their rooms on their elbows. Suddenly, they'll awake in the early afternoon only to feel a strong pair of hands grab them by the ankles, drag them from their bed/sanctuary and haul then to the bathroom. For the next half an hour, both of our heroes will spend an embarrassing hour or two being hosed and scrubbed down by their father. This, in the UK and Ireland, is usually the first incentive to leave home. There's no immediate remedy for this kind of alcoholic dehydration, orange-based or otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The Happy Hangover

Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.

Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house.

He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jill"

He stumbles into the kitchen and sure enough, there is a hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee, and the morning newspaper all waiting for him. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son... what happened last night?"

"Well, you came home after 3 in the morning, drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."

Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me?"

His son replies, "Oh THAT! Well, Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed,'Leave me alone, I'm married!'"

When I used to drink, I took Advil before I went to bed and never had a hangover. I always drank Crown on the rocks.

Wanna know a really good hangover cure?

Gatorade. It replaces the minerals and electrolytes that you pissed out the night before and rehydrates your body.

1/2 hour after drinking a whole bottle, then start eating chocolate.

Trust me........after spending 20 years in the Navy, I kinda know these things.

This is simplistic but if you are familiar with those "super" vitamins "airborne"..it works like a charm.

When I used to drink, I took Advil before I went to bed and never had a hangover. I always drank Crown on the rocks.

Better check what's in those pain pills by the way, because if it's ibuprofen, it will go straight to the liver and start destroying it if you drink alcohol with them.

Gatorade. It replaces the minerals and electrolytes that you pissed out the night before and rehydrates your body.

I concur.

I think that was actually one of the things listed in the original article. Sports drinks. Since they rehydrate that makes sense.

What does the chocolate do?

I think that was actually one of the things listed in the original article. Sports drinks. Since they rehydrate that makes sense.

What does the chocolate do?

Chocolate provides sugars and fats for energy to help with the drag ass feeling.

Forum List

Back