Sports are a waste of time

racialreality9

Aug 8, 2016
Trust me guys, I'm not jealous of athletes or anything. You are wrong if you say that, and you miss the point.

The point is....watching and following sports is a complete and total waste of time. There is literally nothing in this whole world less important than who wins a ball game. And it's the same old thing, over and over. It's entertainment value is as close to zero as you can get.

Heck, even tv and movies, even though they are BS, they are sometimes interesting BS. There is an actual story, and characters, and production values. And not all of it is the same.

Sports are the same thing, over and over. And you guys lap it up like the losers you are. And you go broke and have no time, and the owners and athletes have millions of dollars. They have you exactly where they want you.

It's not worth it.

I disagree, our children participate in sports and it teaches them teamwork, achieving goals, building character and self esteem. They've also had some once in a lifetime experiences doing it

I disagree, our children participate in sports and it teaches them teamwork, achieving goals, building character and self esteem. They've also had some once in a lifetime experiences doing it
----------------------------------------------------- I agree with RReality except for unorganized sports played by kids with a little organizing by parents or older kids that know the rules . Course adults can play the same unorganized games for fun but I have no use for ANY pro sports and or the couch potatoes that watch them on tely or in Stadiums .

----------------------------------------------------- I agree with RReality except for unorganized sports played by kids with a little organizing by parents or older kids that know the rules . Course adults can play the same unorganized games for fun but I have no use for ANY pro sports and or the couch potatoes that watch them on tely or in Stadiums .

I'd rather have our children participating in sports than some of the activities youth are involved in today

I'd rather have our children participating in sports than some of the activities youth are involved in today
--------------------------------------------- Generally its none of my business but I like kids in the library or hunting and fishing and even hiking is ok . Best game to me is watching politics and learning about actual war . Sports with a ball is just a substitute for actual WAR from what I have heard and can see . And like I say , unorganized sports are fine with me . And certainly , none of my business what parents encourage or allow their kids to do anyway , just my opinion . ---------------------------- last ballgame I watched was on Thanksgiving in about 1963 , I watched for 10 minutes , got up , walked away and that was that . I was maybe 12 . -------------- last thought , yes , I did play football and baseball and unorganized hockey and lots of ice skating . Played lots of baseball after old man Brezinsky put up a backstop for us in a large vacant lot . That came to an end after my parents bought the lot to build a new house .

In some people's minds sports are a waste of time and they are right, in some people's minds sports is a valuable part of life.

Both are right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if it is simply entertainment, it has value. If everything in your life has a deep meaning and serious purpose, I pity you.

Forum List

Back