Super Bowl LI Predictions

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
The season is upon us. Who makes the Super Bowl and who wins the Super Bowl?

To me the AFC comes down to three teams, the Patriots, the Steelers and the Bengals. I think it will be New Englsnd returning to the big game.

The NFC has four teams in the mix, the Panthers, the Packers, the Seahawks and the Cardinals. Arizona will shake the post season failures and make the big game.

Arizona wins Super Bowl LI over New England.

What say you?

Last edited:

To me the AFC comes down to three teams, the Patriots, the Steelers and the Bengals. I think it will be New Englsnd returning to the big game.

The NFC has four teams in the mix, the Panthers, the Packers, the Seahawks and the Cardinals. Arizona will shake the post season failures and make the big game.

Arising wins Super Bowl LI over New England.

What say you?

If their defense improves, it will be number 7.

What say you?

The falcons. One of these years, its gotta happen.

What say you?
I believe the media will claim Hillary will win the Super Bowl by defeating the Cleveland Browns in a walkover.

What say you?
With the Patriots, kind of depends on whether they can win with Garrapolo while Brady is out for 4 games. If not, the Jets may beat them for the Division. The Bengals have a good team and had the Steelers beaten only to lose because of the stupidity of a couple players. They may take a step up this year. The Steelers always seem to be in the thick of things. The Colts will also probably make the playoffs. Not sure what to expect from the Broncos, don't expect them to get very far if they make the playoffs. Prediction: Bengals go to the SB for the AFC.

Panthers should be good again. A great defense exposed Cam Newton though. Seachicks should be pretty good even without beast mode. Packers have Rogers. Geordi is back from ACL injury and probably won't be as good. Their rotund RB looks to have lost some weight and may be better. Defense meh. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings beat them for the NFC North again. Cards look very good. Keeping Palmer healthy is key there. Don't see any teams from the NFC East being worth a damn this year. Going out on a limb and predicting Vikings going to the SB for NFC.

Vikings over Bengals in SB LI ending the curse.

It would be Pittsburgh but their defense is just not good enough. Otherwise they roll. I think the Patriots are fading out. The Bengals are poised to win the SB this year.

And being from Pitt that makes me want to wretch. I'd rather see Cleveland win it. But that will have to wait until 2063.

What say you?
With the Patriots, kind of depends on whether they can win with Garrapolo while Brady is out for 4 games. If not, the Jets may beat them for the Division. The Bengals have a good team and had the Steelers beaten only to lose because of the stupidity of a couple players. They may take a step up this year. The Steelers always seem to be in the thick of things. The Colts will also probably make the playoffs. Not sure what to expect from the Broncos, don't expect them to get very far if they make the playoffs. Prediction: Bengals go to the SB for the AFC.

Panthers should be good again. A great defense exposed Cam Newton though. Seachicks should be pretty good even without beast mode. Packers have Rogers. Geordi is back from ACL injury and probably won't be as good. Their rotund RB looks to have lost some weight and may be better. Defense meh. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings beat them for the NFC North again. Cards look very good. Keeping Palmer healthy is key there. Don't see any teams from the NFC East being worth a damn this year. Going out on a limb and predicting Vikings going to the SB for NFC.

Vikings over Bengals in SB LI ending the curse.

Rawls looked pretty good in the last pre season game. He led the NFL in yards per carry in the 8 games he started last season before he broke his ankle. He appears to have healed completely. Michaels is now running the way he was supposed to for the last two seasons. Lynch won't be missed. Sometimes he was as much a distraction than an asset. The new O-Line looks real good. The only real possible weakness is the Corner opposite Sherman. If Sherman plays the most dangerous W/O's and Slot receivers and TE's Man on Man the Defense should repeat with holding offenses to the lowest scores average. All that said I think the Hawks should retake the NFC West with AZ a close second. That sets up HFA for Seattle and the most likely path to another SB appearance. I don't have a clue which AFC team will emerge to join Seattle in the SB. I would like the Colts to finally make good on the promise of Luck. It would be nice to see Wilson redeem himself for that last minute interception two years ago.

The chalk is with the Pats, Cards, Bengals, Pack, Seahawks and Panthers. You could copy and paste those directly from the CBS sportline power rankings, respectively.

I don't like the Panthers to return to the Superbowl. They caught lightening in a bottle and went on a 16 game win streak in 2015. I see them dropping off.

The Broncos are underestimated. They didn't get much from Peyton last year. He threw a lot of dying quails. The strength of that team is the run game and defense and that will be what they hang their hat on in 2016.

I don't think Sam Bradford is the Savior in Minnesota. His best two years were sorta mediocre.

As a Niner fan I'm hoping for 7 wins. As a Raider fan I'm hoping for 9, which I don't think is unrealistic.

Kirk (you like that?) Cousins is for real. The Giants have a sick-ass offense. If I had to go away from the chalk I'd say winner of NFC East wins the Superbowl.

What say you?

Sounds like you got you prediction straight out of Sports Illustrated.....

My prediction...Seattle over New England

What say you?

Sounds like you got you prediction straight out of Sports Illustrated.....

My prediction...Seattle over New England

I don't read SI, I look at the swimsuit issue, but I don't read it.

Seattle New England rematch would be interesting.

I'd prefer not to see Seattle, Carolina or New England in the Super Bowl.

The chalk is with the Pats, Cards, Bengals, Pack, Seahawks and Panthers. You could copy and paste those directly from the CBS sportline power rankings, respectively.

I don't like the Panthers to return to the Superbowl. They caught lightening in a bottle and went on a 16 game win streak in 2015. I see them dropping off.

The Broncos are underestimated. They didn't get much from Peyton last year. He threw a lot of dying quails. The strength of that team is the run game and defense and that will be what they hang their hat on in 2016.

I don't think Sam Bradford is the Savior in Minnesota. His best two years were sorta mediocre.

As a Niner fan I'm hoping for 7 wins. As a Raider fan I'm hoping for 9, which I don't think is unrealistic.

Kirk (you like that?) Cousins is for real. The Giants have a sick-ass offense. If I had to go away from the chalk I'd say winner of NFC East wins the Superbowl.
I'm a lifelong Niners fan. 7? I'd love to see them get 7. Given the state of their team right now? I'm thinking 4, maybe 5.

I'm a lifelong Niners fan. 7? I'd love to see them get 7. Given the state of their team right now? I'm thinking 4, maybe 5.

Notice I only called my Raider prediction realistic. Hehe

Notice I only called my Raider prediction realistic. Hehe

The Raiders will be a much improved team this year..but not Super Bowl quality .....yet.

What say you?

I agree with your teams In contention in both conferences.

I have Cincy vs GB. With Cincy winning.

In the AFC of those 3 Cincy has by far the best defense.

In the NFC I went with GB but could have easily went with Seattle. I think it's one of those 2. I think the Vikings are still a year away from Making a big move.

What say you?

I believe in the least likely. lol

Bengals vs. Panthers :ack-1:

(Bengals +7)

It will be a running attack. :laugh:

My prediction: Bengals win after the final two-minute warning, with a short TD pass into the end zone at under one minute to go.

Forum List

Back