Spokane Washington/area

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Told the ol' man we need to hightail it outta here. No water soon. After reading the news about that small community in Sacramento where they just shut off their water supply. Kaput. Only a matter of time before it hits many small towns in California. So....been looking at Spokane. Why? I dunno. Why not?
Anyone familiar with it there? Good parts, bad parts, etc? Rents look doable too.
I have been googling for info, but thought I would see if anyone here has first hand knowledge of which areas to avoid IF we do this. Not saying we will within the next month or so. Maybe this winter. I dunno. Just something we are considering.

Why Spokane, of all places?
I'd be careful, Gracie. I haven't been there but from what I've heard -- do your homework. Or keep other options open.

Friend of mine is trapped after moving to Big Bear. Apparently it's a right-wing hell hole where the entire town is Tea Party and colludes to exclude anybody who isn't. I hear things like that about Spokane.

Also no ocean.

If'n I were you I'd be looking at Oregon. Coastline.

I considered oregon but the rents are atrocious. And..they have a drought as well, believe it or not.

Told the ol' man we need to hightail it outta here. No water soon. After reading the news about that small community in Sacramento where they just shut off their water supply. Kaput. Only a matter of time before it hits many small towns in California. So....been looking at Spokane. Why? I dunno. Why not?
Anyone familiar with it there? Good parts, bad parts, etc? Rents look doable too.
I have been googling for info, but thought I would see if anyone here has first hand knowledge of which areas to avoid IF we do this. Not saying we will within the next month or so. Maybe this winter. I dunno. Just something we are considering.
It's a conservative area, politically. Strong winters and strong summers. Otherwise, it should be okay. It's out of the way of things, quite a ways from Seattle, for example.

Why Spokane, of all places?
I'd be careful, Gracie. I haven't been there but from what I've heard -- do your homework. Or keep other options open.

Friend of mine is trapped after moving to Big Bear. Apparently it's a right-wing hell hole where the entire town is Tea Party and colludes to exclude anybody who isn't. I hear things like that about Spokane.

Also no ocean.

If'n I were you I'd be looking at Oregon. Coastline.
Oregon Coastline does not have cheap reality, unless you want to live in a trailer.

Consider coastal Alabama, Miss., or Louisiana...

... other lower cost of living areas than where you are now...

... are Kentucky, Tenn., Arkansas, and W.Va.

Also, locate near a river...

... where you don't have to worry...

... about the spigot goin' dry.

Forum List

Back