Spitting on Dr Kings legacy

That's nice. You're proving the same point everyone agrees with over and over again. Barton is a jackass. Now, can you pull something from the article that actually supports your belief that Rick Perry is responsible for that guy being a jackass, intimately knows the guy, or even gives two fucks what the guy has to say?

Rick Perry is not responsible for this guy being a jackass. Rick Perry is responsible for picking this guy as a consultant after he knows he's a jackass.

That was quite easy to point out.

So now he's a consultant? How much is he being paid? You do of course have proof that he's actually being sought out for something other than a check of course. Between you and rightwinger, you have all the facts and nothing to actually prove it. Pretty amazing. Where in the article does it say this guy will be asked for his 'expertise' on strategy or policy making?

You know...you are right. I apologize. Rick Perry is avoiding this guy like the Plague.

Obama and Wright:

Barack Obama first met Wright in the late 1980s, while he was working as a community organizer in Chicago before attending Harvard Law School.[7] Wright officiated at the wedding ceremony of Barack and Michelle Obama, as well as their children's baptisms.[8]

The title of Obama's 2006 memoir, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by one of Wright's sermons, which was also a theme of Obama's 2004 keynote address to the Democratic National Convention.[7][8][9] Wright was scheduled to give the public invocation before Obama's presidential announcement, but Obama withdrew the invitation the night before the event.[10] Wright wrote a rebuttal letter to the editor disputing the characterization of the account as reported in an article in The New York Times.[11]

In 2007, Wright was appointed to Barack Obama's African American Religious Leadership Committee, a group of over 170 national black religious leaders who supported Obama's bid for the Democratic nomination.[12]

Jeremiah Wright controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, build the relationship between Perry and this guy who talked about King's contribution...other than they are attending the same retreat.

I'll wait.

Wow...love the way you threw yourself on that grenade to protect your man Perry!

It seems Obama publicly condemned the statements that Wright made. President Obama also ceased contact with Wright

Will your man Perry do the same with Barton?

Lets wait and see shall we?

Glad you brought that up.

Would you say that I am one of Perry's top supporters on the board?

Because by a happy coincidence, I praised King's contribution to the Civil Rights movement in a thread just yesterday...long before this B.S. thread was posted...

Civil Disobedience is SOOOOO evil....as were David Henry Thoreau, Gandhi, and Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm not opposed to civil disobedience to champion a worthy cause...even if it's a cause I don't agree with.

But this is silly and stupid...these spoiled brats are not being oppressed.

Comparing this nonsense to Gandhi and King cheapens their monumental contributions to combating real oppression.

So using the same logic(?) as the OP, this proves beyond a shadow of doubt that Perry's supporters believe Martin Luther King was the driving force behind much of the success of the civil rights movement...right?

Whispers.....he is attending a strategy session with this asshole. That means this individual will help set Perrys strategy

yells...
HOW DOES THIS MAKE PERRY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GUYS COMMENTS, ASSCLOWN?

whispers.........how can Perry be responsible for what he says? Its already been said. But why would you choose this asshole to plan political strategy with? That, my friend is the million dollar question

And you have any sort of proof that's what going on, that Perry's actually going to ask this guy for advice on his campaign and policy position? That's the real million dollar question.

"I don't think the Jefferson family, the Lincoln family [or] any other group of family ancestors has been paid a licensing fee for a memorial in Washington," said Cambridge University historian David Garrow, author of a Pulitzer Prize-winning biography of Dr. King. ". . . [He would've been] absolutely scandalized."

LINK
KING 'MONUMENT TO GREED' - NYPOST.com

"I don't think the Jefferson family, the Lincoln family ... I don't think any other group of family ancestors has been paid a licensing fee for a memorial in Washington," said Cambridge University historian David Garrow, who won a Pulitzer Prize for his biography of King. "One would think any family would be so thrilled to have their forefather celebrated and memorialized in D.C. that it would never dawn on them to ask for a penny."

LINK
Walton and Johnson - The Radio Gawds :: Show Archives

This is an outrage if ya ask me....

Then there is this...!

Martin Luther King memorial made in China

Martin Luther King memorial made in China - Telegraph

Dr. King is probably rolling in his grave!

While I personally think it's tacky....isn't making a profit the epitome of American Capitalistic Philosophy?

Rick Perry is not responsible for this guy being a jackass. Rick Perry is responsible for picking this guy as a consultant after he knows he's a jackass.

That was quite easy to point out.

So now he's a consultant? How much is he being paid? You do of course have proof that he's actually being sought out for something other than a check of course. Between you and rightwinger, you have all the facts and nothing to actually prove it. Pretty amazing. Where in the article does it say this guy will be asked for his 'expertise' on strategy or policy making?

You know...you are right. I apologize. Rick Perry is avoiding this guy like the Plague.

Why don't you actually address what I said and what you said instead of making up some false premise to beat up? You really are a pathetic person when you can't stand behind what you said three minutes ago.

Obama and Wright:

Barack Obama first met Wright in the late 1980s, while he was working as a community organizer in Chicago before attending Harvard Law School.[7] Wright officiated at the wedding ceremony of Barack and Michelle Obama, as well as their children's baptisms.[8]

The title of Obama's 2006 memoir, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by one of Wright's sermons, which was also a theme of Obama's 2004 keynote address to the Democratic National Convention.[7][8][9] Wright was scheduled to give the public invocation before Obama's presidential announcement, but Obama withdrew the invitation the night before the event.[10] Wright wrote a rebuttal letter to the editor disputing the characterization of the account as reported in an article in The New York Times.[11]

In 2007, Wright was appointed to Barack Obama's African American Religious Leadership Committee, a group of over 170 national black religious leaders who supported Obama's bid for the Democratic nomination.[12]

Jeremiah Wright controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, build the relationship between Perry and this guy who talked about King's contribution...other than they are attending the same retreat.

I'll wait.

Wow...love the way you threw yourself on that grenade to protect your man Perry!

It seems Obama publicly condemned the statements that Wright made. President Obama also ceased contact with Wright

Will your man Perry do the same with Barton?

Lets wait and see shall we?

Glad you brought that up.

Would you say that I am one of Perry's top supporters on the board?

Because by a happy coincidence, I praised King's contribution to the Civil Rights movement in a thread just yesterday...long before this B.S. thread was posted...

Civil Disobedience is SOOOOO evil....as were David Henry Thoreau, Gandhi, and Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm not opposed to civil disobedience to champion a worthy cause...even if it's a cause I don't agree with.

But this is silly and stupid...these spoiled brats are not being oppressed.

Comparing this nonsense to Gandhi and King cheapens their monumental contributions to combating real oppression.

So using the same logic(?) as the OP, this proves beyond a shadow of doubt that Perry's supporters believe Martin Luther King was the driving force behind much of the success of the civil rights movement...right?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Missourian again

I'll rectify that as soon as I can ;)

"I don't think the Jefferson family, the Lincoln family [or] any other group of family ancestors has been paid a licensing fee for a memorial in Washington," said Cambridge University historian David Garrow, author of a Pulitzer Prize-winning biography of Dr. King. ". . . [He would've been] absolutely scandalized."

LINK
KING 'MONUMENT TO GREED' - NYPOST.com

"I don't think the Jefferson family, the Lincoln family ... I don't think any other group of family ancestors has been paid a licensing fee for a memorial in Washington," said Cambridge University historian David Garrow, who won a Pulitzer Prize for his biography of King. "One would think any family would be so thrilled to have their forefather celebrated and memorialized in D.C. that it would never dawn on them to ask for a penny."

LINK
Walton and Johnson - The Radio Gawds :: Show Archives

This is an outrage if ya ask me....

Then there is this...!

Martin Luther King memorial made in China

Martin Luther King memorial made in China - Telegraph

Dr. King is probably rolling in his grave!

While I personally think it's tacky....isn't making a profit the epitome of American Capitalistic Philosophy?

They are greedy assholes.... I wuldve told them to go jump in a lake.

MLK deserves better than that as his relatives.

Utter bullshit TM. You gave OB passes for long standing relationships with radicals. Its okay that OB associated with a radicalist that BOMBED us buildings and just fine that he sat in the pews of a racist and radical church for 20 years but Perry attending ONE event co-sponsored by an idiot racist, THAT, is unacceptable to you.

Opinions are like assholes.

Everybody's got one.

If Perry were a Dem would you be singing the same tune??

Sure would
An outright lie as you have defended the far worse from Obama.

Let me get this straight an associate of Perry said MLK doesn't deserve all the credit for the Civil Right Act (which is true) - And that is the real story (the guy never said like your article reported that MLK deserve no credit), while Perry hasn't said anything and that makes him a racist.

What about the Black Panthers supporting Obama. What about The RACIST Nation of Islam supporting Obama. What about La Raza supporting Obama! What about his father figure in Rev Wright! Or that man that started his political career in William Ayers?

I guess it only matter when it's a Republican!

I saw what you did there.

Thanks for pointing this out, I somehow missed Ghook's post the first time through. :thup:

I'm out of rep at the moment (dang 24hr rep restrictions) but I'll hit ya both up soon.

Barton and Peter Marshall initially tried to purge the standards of key figures of the civil rights era, such as César Chávez and Thurgood Marshall, though they were forced to back down amid a deafening public uproar. They have since resorted to a more subtle tack; while they concede that people like Martin Luther King Jr. deserve a place in history, they argue that they shouldn't be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities. As Barton put it, "Only majorities can expand political rights in America's constitutional society." Ergo, any rights people of color have were handed to them by whites--in his view, mostly white Republican men.

from the article

That's nice. You're proving the same point everyone agrees with over and over again. Barton is a jackass. Now, can you pull something from the article that actually supports your belief that Rick Perry is responsible for that guy being a jackass, intimately knows the guy, or even gives two fucks what the guy has to say?

Nope...I don't know that

What I do know is that Rick Perry holds some extreme fundamentalist christian views and is surrounding himself with advisors who hold the same views. Barton fits the bill of an extremist christian based advisor. These social conservatives will push anti gay, anti science ,anti evolution, anti immigrant and in Bartons case, racist views that will influence his platform

And that scares the shit out of me

Last edited:
Barton and Peter Marshall initially tried to purge the standards of key figures of the civil rights era, such as César Chávez and Thurgood Marshall, though they were forced to back down amid a deafening public uproar. They have since resorted to a more subtle tack; while they concede that people like Martin Luther King Jr. deserve a place in history, they argue that they shouldn't be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities. As Barton put it, "Only majorities can expand political rights in America's constitutional society." Ergo, any rights people of color have were handed to them by whites--in his view, mostly white Republican men.

from the article

Nope...I don't know that

What I do know is that Rick Perry holds some extreme fundamentalist christian views and is surrounding himself with advisors who hold the same views. Barton fits the bill of an extremist christian based advisor. These social conservatives will push anti gay, anti immigrant and in Bartons case, racist views that will influence his platform

So instead of harping on all those intimate advisors you pick some random guy that will probably not say anything more than, "Mr. Perry, I'm supporting you for president." To which Perry will probably respond, "Give that check to my buddy over there." Well done. By all means, tell us about those advisors. All you've done so far is spew cheap partisan bullshit.

Nope...I don't know that

What I do know is that Rick Perry holds some extreme fundamentalist christian views and is surrounding himself with advisors who hold the same views. Barton fits the bill of an extremist christian based advisor. These social conservatives will push anti gay, anti science ,anti immigrant and in Bartons case, racist views that will influence his platform

Maybe you ought to pay more attention to what your president does, says, and who he has in his cabinet. Marxist, Mauists, atheists, commies, terrorists connections, union goons, and the list goes on and on and on.....

James R. Leininger - SourceWatch

He is all up in the republican party

That's not even the guy in question, you moron.

OOOppps your right I got the wrong name out of the article.

My appologies.

It was this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Barton_(author)

Former co chair of the Texas republican party

David Barton (born 1954) is an American evangelical Christian minister,[1]conservative activist and author. He is the founder of the group WallBuilders, a Texas-based organization that describes itself as "dedicated to presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on the moral, religious, and constitutional foundation on which America was built."[2] Barton is the former co-chair of the Republican Party of Texas.

Last edited:
David Barton (born 1954) is an American evangelical Christian minister,[1]conservative activist and author. He is the founder of the group WallBuilders, a Texas-based organization that describes itself as "dedicated to presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on the moral, religious, and constitutional foundation on which America was built."[2] Barton is the former co-chair of the Republican Party of Texas.

Problem????

Oh.... hes an evil christian! :eek:

TM, your stupid.

Forum List

Back