Spicer Phone Checks Staff to Crackdown on Leaks

vlad_hombre

VIP Member
Feb 7, 2017
Then the confidential meeting where this occurred was leaked to the press.

Hilarious!

Rule #1) If you think the problem is "the leaks," the problem isn't the leaks.

Press secretary Sean Spicer is cracking down on leaks coming out of the West Wing, with increased security measures that include random phone checks of White House staffers, overseen by White House attorneys.

The push to snuff out leaks to the press comes after a week in which President Donald Trump strongly criticized the media for using unnamed sources in stories and expressed growing frustration with the unauthorized sharing of information by individuals in his administration.

Last week, after Spicer became aware that information had leaked out of a planning meeting with about a dozen of his communications staffers, he reconvened the group in his office to express his frustration over the number of private conversations and meetings that were showing up in unflattering news stories, according to sources in the room.

Upon entering Spicer’s office for what one person briefed on the gathering described as “an emergency meeting,” staffers were told to dump their phones on a table for a “phone check," to prove they had nothing to hide.

Spicer, who consulted with White House counsel Don McGahn before calling the meeting, was accompanied by White House lawyers in the room, according to multiple sources.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sean-spicer-leaks-meeting-then-leaked-phone-checks

You know, eventually people are going to get tired of Trump constantly hollering "wolf", and eventually they are going to start tuning him out.

At least, barring any large scandal that his administration may do, because if the news finds something bad enough, it may be enough to shift the trust back to the media and away from Trump.

You know, eventually people are going to get tired of Trump constantly hollering "wolf", and eventually they are going to start tuning him out.

At least, barring any large scandal that his administration may do, because if the news finds something bad enough, it may be enough to shift the trust back to the media and away from Trump.
Most sane people do not believe much of anything the media has to offer anymore. You should have gotten that by now.

Most sane people do not believe much of anything the media has to offer anymore. You should have gotten that by now.

Depends on where you get your news. If you have HBO, I recommend checking out their new show called "VICE News". They do stories on major events happening all over the world, and only report the facts and what happened, the reporters do not put any kind of commentary in their reporting.

Another decent source of news is BBC America news because of the same thing.

Nope, there are still decent news outlets out there, you just have to find them.

Then the confidential meeting where this occurred was leaked to the press.

Hilarious!

Rule #1) If you think the problem is "the leaks," the problem isn't the leaks.

Press secretary Sean Spicer is cracking down on leaks coming out of the West Wing, with increased security measures that include random phone checks of White House staffers, overseen by White House attorneys.

The push to snuff out leaks to the press comes after a week in which President Donald Trump strongly criticized the media for using unnamed sources in stories and expressed growing frustration with the unauthorized sharing of information by individuals in his administration.

Last week, after Spicer became aware that information had leaked out of a planning meeting with about a dozen of his communications staffers, he reconvened the group in his office to express his frustration over the number of private conversations and meetings that were showing up in unflattering news stories, according to sources in the room.

Upon entering Spicer’s office for what one person briefed on the gathering described as “an emergency meeting,” staffers were told to dump their phones on a table for a “phone check," to prove they had nothing to hide.

Spicer, who consulted with White House counsel Don McGahn before calling the meeting, was accompanied by White House lawyers in the room, according to multiple sources.

Politico: Spicer Cracks Down On Leaks, Puts Staff Through 'Phone Check'
I will bet that everyone of these people have personal phones that they use also

Depends on where you get your news. If you have HBO, I recommend checking out their new show called "VICE News". They do stories on major events happening all over the world, and only report the facts and what happened, the reporters do not put any kind of commentary in their reporting.

Nope, there are still decent news outlets out there, you just have to find them.

VICE News is excellent.

VICE News is excellent.
Looks to me like another lib crap fest site.

VICE News is excellent.
Looks to me like another lib crap fest site.

Have you even watched VICE News on HBO? If so, you wouldn't call them "another lib crap fest site". Out of all the news outlets currently on the television, VICE News seems to have it together and they do a really good job of reporting.

If I was going to leak, I'd use a burner phone.

Hence, doing phone checks is kind of pointless.

It seems more like a bungled attempt at intimidation, which just pissed people off even more and made them more willing to leak. That's why they immediately leaked news of the phone checks.

If I was going to leak, I'd use a burner phone.

Hence, doing phone checks is kind of pointless.

It seems more like a bungled attempt at intimidation, which just pissed people off even more and made them more willing to leak. That's why they immediately leaked news of the phone checks.
No one who is planning on leaking would think of using an office phone

Forum List

Back