Speaker Ryan's Biggest Problem

While I think Ryan's obsession with Rand is unhealthy, I am beginning to wonder if he is going to make Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) look weak in comparison to him when Ryan snatches the Freedom Caucus by the scuff of the neck this week. They will be wailing and bailing once he gets done with them.

Want to bet on an immigration reform bill getting passed before the end of the year?

You do realize that Rand Paul is in the Senate, not the House, right?
You realize Harm's Way is not particularly good fiction though a fun story. Ryan is not necessarily a good Speaker but he will be a lot of entertainment.

What does that have to do with my post?
The novel's art is a metaphor for Ryan's political life.

Again, what does that have to do with Rand Paul?

While I think Ryan's obsession with Rand is unhealthy, I am beginning to wonder if he is going to make Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) look weak in comparison to him when Ryan snatches the Freedom Caucus by the scuff of the neck this week. They will be wailing and bailing once he gets done with them.

Want to bet on an immigration reform bill getting passed before the end of the year?

You realize Harm's Way is not particularly good fiction though a fun story. Ryan is not necessarily a good Speaker but he will be a lot of entertainment.

Nothing. What do you have to do with Rand Paul?

Read your post:

"While I think Ryan's obsession with Rand is unhealthy,"

What did YOU mean?

Read your post: "While I think Ryan's obsession with Rand is unhealthy,"

What did YOU mean?
Ryan has an unhealthy obsession about Ayn Rand. You know that, yeah?

Read your post:

"While I think Ryan's obsession with Rand is unhealthy,"

What did YOU mean?
Ryan has an unhealthy obsession about Ayn Rand. You know that, yeah?

You didn't say that.

You people are incredible,

The man sleeps in his office because his HOME is with his family.

As for the smell of smoke - it goes to show just what some Inside The Beltway types think about the law. They're above it,.

Nancy Pelosi Had To Go Back To John Boehner’s Tobacco-Imbued Office.

When Representative Nancy Pelosi, Democrat of California, lost her speaker’s gavel in the 2010 Republican rout of the House, she was forced to reinhabit Mr. Boehner’s prior office as he moved into her spot.

The House superintendent replaced carpets, peeled the paint off the walls and repainted them, and replaced the curtains, all in the name of smoke odor eradication. This was not at Ms. Pelosi’s request. “We are all paying the price for Speaker Boehner’s smoking,” said Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Ms. Pelosi.

Read more w/links @ Moe Lane » Quote of the Day, Nancy Pelosi Had To Go Back To John Boehner’s Tobacco-Imbued Office edition.

Will Ryan have the same thing done?

His new office stinks of cigarette smoke. As he sleeps in his office instead of paying for a place to live in DC, it drives him up the wall. He's a health nut who rises early every morning to run, then works until 11pm, all that time in a stinky office is very annoying. Replacing the drapes is one solution. But, what to do about the rug?

No link and I don't care about the progressives asking for one. Stuff it! However, here's a story about him @ Paul Ryan May Surprise Us indicating “his honeymoon lasted all of 35 minutes.”

Living in a federal office should be against the law

Why should government pay for your home and not his?

You people are incredible,

The man sleeps in his office because his HOME is with his family.

As for the smell of smoke - it goes to show just what some Inside The Beltway types think about the law. They're above it,.
he's cheap. Rent a room deadbeat and stop using the people's office buildings as your apartment.

What? Did you ever walk into a room that was used for dope smoking? That's the problem with democrats. How would you like to inheret an office from the Kennedy's (remember them?) Cigarette smoke would be the least of your problems after you tripped over broken bourbon bottles and dirty needles.

Last edited:
I saw Ryan on Meet the Press and Face The Nation, and both interviewers asked him about the smell of cigarettes in the Speaker's office. This is obviously some inside joke going around DC right now.

However, Ryan made an outstanding point in both interviews. He said exactly what I have been saying. The GOP is known as "the party of No", and has not been putting alternative plans on the table. He said that has to change.

Awesome.

The GOP could hit a grand slam if they get their act together. Ryan could put a new Contract For America on the table and then say, "Now give us a President who will sign off on these plans".

I imagine they had to call in a haz-mat team to fumigate the Oval Office after Hillary's husband left office. They have lights that reveal the presence of DNA on surfaces and you can imagine what that closet looked like. Just the used condoms and cigar butts with peculiar stains and pizza boxes littering the floor would be enough to gag a maggot.

I imagine they had to call in a haz-mat team to fumigate the Oval Office after Hillary's husband left office. They have lights that reveal the presence of DNA on surfaces and you can imagine what that closet looked like. Just the used condoms and cigar butts with peculiar stains and pizza boxes littering the floor would be enough to gag a maggot.
deflect much? :eusa_eh: Topic- stay on it. :thup:

Forum List

Back