Spammers have found a neat hole in Apple's mail program

Sep 12, 2008
I don't know what the exploit is, I just know I am getting a lot more bad mail because of it. Spammers have found a way to make the Apple mail program to react as if it is 'whitemail' and the machine will color the text and make the icon bounce as if it had passed through customer filters as valuable mail. And there is a huge increase in it over the last three months.

Anyone else see huge increases in junk mail recently?

I don't know what the exploit is, I just know I am getting a lot more bad mail because of it. Spammers have found a way to make the Apple mail program to react as if it is 'whitemail' and the machine will color the text and make the icon bounce as if it had passed through customer filters as valuable mail. And there is a huge increase in it over the last three months.

Nope, I use Thunderbird.

Try a search "apple mail problems 2012" and see if any similar problems are reported

How many messages can you carve on an apple before ya have to use a new one? :eusa_eh:

apple-worm1.jpg

Forum List

Back