Sovereign Citizens Take Over Vacant Homes

Squatters are a national issue, particularly in the urban areas.

The law is not clear on prosecution if the owners return and kill everyone squatting in the home, since they have no legal right to be there.

So you feel safe for now, Jammie-boi. So fortunate the departing owners forgot to have the internet connection terminated. Lucky you!

Aren't sovereign citizens self sufficient?

???? I have never seen or heard of the term
"SOVEREIGN CITIZENS" I am trying to work it out
Sovereignty implies autonomy. Yet these moochers are . . . well . . . mooching.

yes they are------but such activity has been sanctioned to the point that whoever owns
the property MUST, by law, provide services

This is even more interesting. So, if you are evicted in foreclosure first, then do you have to provide the services to the squatters, or does your lender have to provide the services?

Properties foreclosed upon land in the court
auctions ----foreclosure auction-----the victim
who unwittingly buys the property ends up with the squatters and all their "needs"
Most often they are. It appears that the philosophy has been hijacked and perverted in this particular iteration of the mindset.

I imagine that they're occupying the properties under the presumption that an REO is illegitimately owned by the bank, since they didn't really have the money they lent in the mortgage. How they're rationalizing thievery of belongings that aren't theirs, I can't say.

you need not say-----ask greedy politicians like DIBLASIO

SOVEREIGN CITIZEN MOVEMENT

Actually, there is no sovereignty in the US. It was rejected by the Declaration of Independence, and there is no mention of it in the Constitution of the United States, nor the Bill of Rights.
The DoI is a document that celebrates the sovereignty of the individual.

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”

It doesn't get any more sovereign than that.

People losing their homes to foreclosure return to gather their personal goods to find their home occupied by squatters. All too often, the squatters are part of something called Sovereign Citizens who steal the furnishings and leaves the properties in shambles. The whole things seems to be run by someone called Thomas Benson who claims his adherents have rights to empty properties.

This article deals with Las Vegas but it appears to be a nation-wide scam. Know of any in your area?

This story @ ‘Sovereign citizen’ case reveals squatters targeting vacant Las Vegas homes

Several people are linked to purported Las Vegas sovereign citizen @ Several people are linked to purported Las Vegas sovereign citizen

Las Vegas is the first and so far only third world toilet here at home

People losing their homes to foreclosure return to gather their personal goods to find their home occupied by squatters. All too often, the squatters are part of something called Sovereign Citizens who steal the furnishings and leaves the properties in shambles. The whole things seems to be run by someone called Thomas Benson who claims his adherents have rights to empty properties.

This article deals with Las Vegas but it appears to be a nation-wide scam. Know of any in your area?

This story @ ‘Sovereign citizen’ case reveals squatters targeting vacant Las Vegas homes

Several people are linked to purported Las Vegas sovereign citizen @ Several people are linked to purported Las Vegas sovereign citizen
I've watched videos of so-called "sovereign citizens" telling law enforcement officers that as sovereign citizens, laws don't apply to them. These loons need to be taken to a consular office where they can "in-person" sign a document relinquishing their citizenship. Once that's done, put them on a plane to parachute them over some nation of their choosing, that isn't here.

???? I have never seen or heard of the term
"SOVEREIGN CITIZENS" I am trying to work it out
Sovereignty implies autonomy. Yet these moochers are . . . well . . . mooching.

yes they are------but such activity has been sanctioned to the point that whoever owns
the property MUST, by law, provide services

This is even more interesting. So, if you are evicted in foreclosure first, then do you have to provide the services to the squatters, or does your lender have to provide the services?

Properties foreclosed upon land in the court
auctions ----foreclosure auction-----the victim
who unwittingly buys the property ends up with the squatters and all their "needs"

The courts are on the side of Landlord rights In Nevada. The last I heard anyway.

Even with an average at best eviction service you can clear em out in 10 days or less. Add 5 days to that if children are involved.

Actually, there is no sovereignty in the US. It was rejected by the Declaration of Independence, and there is no mention of it in the Constitution of the United States, nor the Bill of Rights.

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”

Then how do you explain this...

Congressman Hansen, in a speech in the Congress, printed in the Congressional Record, 21 February 1979, noted: "The IRS long ago seems to have lost its sense of mission as a tax-collection agency and with all the grace of the hobnailed gestapo has embarked on a course of implementing and enforcing social reform with the view that Americans are basically dishonest, uncharitable, bigoted, criminal-minded and even violent to deal with. ...For years we have become progressively inured to the routine contempt the IRS has chronically demonstrated for accepted civilized standards of fairness, something which has its roots in the regrettable presumption that in tax matters the citizen is guilty until proven innocent, an innocence that has to be proven at the expense of the taxpayer, no matter how groundless or frivolous the charges." Congressman Hansen noted that this "constitutionally questionable IRS action was brazenly taken without congressional authorization". He also noted that: "It is absolutely absurd to continue to allow the IRS to run like a rampant bull in a shop stocked with the fragile porcelain of human rights. ...All totalitarian governments have at least one agency which, in the name of protecting the regime, claims the right of total control of the citizens. We can do without an American Gestapo or KGB."

Congressman Hansen, in a speech in the Congress, printed in the Congressional Record, 21 February 1979, noted: "The IRS long ago seems to have lost its sense of mission as a tax-collection agency and with all the grace of the hobnailed gestapo has embarked on a course of implementing and enforcing social reform with the view that Americans are basically dishonest, uncharitable, bigoted, criminal-minded and even violent to deal with. ...For years we have become progressively inured to the routine contempt the IRS has chronically demonstrated for accepted civilized standards of fairness, something which has its roots in the regrettable presumption that in tax matters the citizen is guilty until proven innocent, an innocence that has to be proven at the expense of the taxpayer, no matter how groundless or frivolous the charges." Congressman Hansen noted that this "constitutionally questionable IRS action was brazenly taken without congressional authorization". He also noted that: "It is absolutely absurd to continue to allow the IRS to run like a rampant bull in a shop stocked with the fragile porcelain of human rights. ...All totalitarian governments have at least one agency which, in the name of protecting the regime, claims the right of total control of the citizens. We can do without an American Gestapo or KGB."
He's right. What's to explain?

yes-----I was a victim----not just Nevada. The scam actually started, I believe, in New York-------groups of squatters were actually
GIVEN POSSESSION of the properties in which they squatted-----kinda like claiming a
HOMESTEAD on the FRONTIER

Amazing. America is an amazing place. So if some lender repossesses your house, then can you turn around and squat in it from the next day?
Pretty much. True story. My older sister lost her house to repossession well it was just sitting there,my younger sister who is a real piece of work and whom I have NOTHING to do with needed a place to live so her sister told her to go stay in her old house so she did. She has been there since LAST SUMMER! The mortgage lender KNOWS ABOUT IT! They even sent someone to fix the leak in the pipes when they bust FOR FREE! She is literally living RENT FREE in a home that's been repossessed. Believe me it suits her lifestyle....all around trash which is why no one has anything to do with her. I heard they were finally auctioning the house off but no idea if they actually did.

He's right. What's to explain?
If the people are so sovereign, how did this happen?

Under foreclosure laws, it is possible for either the errant homeowner or someone else to live there free until the home is sold and the new owner take over. At which point the occupier must move. If they don't willingly, the new owner must file some kind of papers to have law enforcement remove them.
As for who is responsible for utilities, I think the occupier is. Any property repairs done by the bank or mortgage holder, I believe are done just to make the property more saleable or at the banks discretion.....not so much at the occupiers request, but that may differ by state law. :dunno:

I do know of a property not far from us that had been empty for a couple of years & someone was staying in the barn. Once the property finally sold, the new owners had to have them evicted from the property.

As for sovereignity........I think that only really applies to Native Americans that there are different laws for them than the rest of the population, generally.

The 'Homesteading Act' is no longer in effect.......the government (state or federal) will not give you land for free as long as you make X amount of improvements. Although I have heard of some states (Alaska, Minnesota and I think Texas) that had offered such a deal in a lottery type situation when populations in those areas were down & the states were trying to get more people to move there to help boost surrounding economies. But it's not an open invitation to just anyone. Anyone interested had to meet certain criteria to be eligible to enter. And I think it was just a one time event in each case.

Maybe Dale Smith can provide us some answers. I think he told us once that he is a member and doesn't pay his taxes.
So, what are "his taxes"?

Are you talking to me bro?
Let's see, it says here: "Maybe Dale Smith can provide us some answers. I think he told us once that he is a member and doesn't pay his taxes." You wrote that, so, it looks like I am talking to you.

Maybe Dale Smith can provide us some answers. I think he told us once that he is a member and doesn't pay his taxes.
So, what are "his taxes"?

Are you talking to me bro?
Let's see, it says here: "Maybe Dale Smith can provide us some answers. I think he told us once that he is a member and doesn't pay his taxes." You wrote that, so, it looks like I am talking to you.

I don't t know what his taxes are........All I know was based from what he posted in the past ......... he doesn't need driver license, DONT PAY HIS TAXES etc., member of this so called sovereign citizens and die hard fans of infowars........ So how the fuck do I know what his taxes are?

Nope the usual squatters are Gypies or Somalis's.

Squatters are a national issue, particularly in the urban areas.

The law is not clear on prosecution if the owners return and kill everyone squatting in the home, since they have no legal right to be there.

That would be a Crime of Vote Suppression in Cali or NYC or Philly.

Forum List

Back