Southern blizzards

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me how something like 6 inches of snow can shut down a city. Can they not drive in that? How it slows anything down to a stop. Unreal.

Perhaps b/c they are not used to such weather. Driving in the snow is a skill that requires much practice and one usually acquires that skill by living in the Salt Belt for several winters.

Also, schools tend to close because the risk of one teenager dying due to driving stupidly is very high.

It never ceases to amaze me how something like 6 inches of snow can shut down a city. Can they not drive in that? How it slows anything down to a stop. Unreal.

Since there are no snow plows in southern cities, that might answer your question.

I see one blizzard about ten years ago in the Carolinas. People in ditches everywhere....comical. bad drivers exemplified. And only 5 inches of snow.

I see one blizzard about ten years ago in the Carolinas. People in ditches everywhere....comical. bad drivers exemplified. And only 5 inches of snow.
That’s my home. There’s always a run on milk and bread at the grocery store when snow is predicted

Forum List

Back