Сould the Statue of Liberty have been a man at the beginning?

The statue was initially intended for the entrance of the Suez canal. They didn't want it. So we got stuck with it and people think it has some legal value or special meaning regards immigration.

But the meaning after it was remade as we have it was Liberty enlightening the world, not as a never-ending inducement to come to America.
That's what I always thought, that this is a symbol that gives the United States the right to defend Freedom in the World. It was part of military doctrines
Who thinks that the Statue of Liberty invites someone to come to the USA, where did you get this from? What does immigration have to do with it?

The statue was initially intended for the entrance of the Suez canal. They didn't want it. So we got stuck with it and people think it has some legal value or special meaning regards immigration.

But the meaning after it was remade as we have it was Liberty enlightening the world, not as a never-ending inducement to come to America.

Most people don't know that Bartholdi just wanted to sell a statue .... to anyone who would buy it. The Statue of Liberty is more of a con job than an act of friendship.

Were there boobs on at least one coin?
1656966570257.png

Yes. And check out the arms on this chick. The ideal woman was beefier in those days. A la Lillian Russell. No Twiggy-types then.

Last edited:
That's what I always thought, that this is a symbol that gives the United States the right to defend Freedom in the World. It was part of military doctrines
Who thinks that the Statue of Liberty invites someone to come to the USA, where did you get this from? What does immigration have to do with it?

Look up the words written at the entrance of the pedestal on which Lady Liberty stands.

Who am I kidding, you won't look anything up. And if you do you won't admit it proves you wrong.

Part of what is written on the plaque is:

"With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Most people don't know that Bartholdi just wanted to sell a statue .... to anyone who would buy it. The Statue of Liberty is more of a con job than an act of friendship.

He was a sculptor. It was what he did for a living.

He was paid by the french people. He was not the one who proposed the statue to be given to the US.

He was a sculptor. It was what he did for a living.

He was paid by the french people. He was not the one who proposed the statue to be given to the US.

Remember this when reading further - Bartholdi went to the U.S. to try and sell the statue before asking the French to finance the project.

The facts are that Bartholdi designed a very similar statue for the Suez Canal. His wealthy Egyptian patron was unable to complete the purchase, so Bartholdi made some changes to his design and tried to sell it in the U.S.. Americans didn't want the statue so he went back to France and he and a French friend decided they would do an early version of crowd funding and "bake sales" to get the money to build the statue.

The French really weren't that interested in the project as he could only raise enough money to finish one piece at a time.

"Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi dreamed up this colossus back in the late 1800s. A middle-tier statue maker, he took his plan to Egypt and pitched a colossal robed slave holding up a torch to stand at the mouth of the Suez Canal. When that deal failed, Bartholdi brushed off the design and brought it to America, all on his own dime. He went door to door, office to office, presenting the vision and meeting with rejection."

"But with the well wishes of a few staunch supporters, he kept driving onward, winning other commissions to pay the bills and building Liberty piece by piece in Paris, paying for each section as soon as he could drum up donations. He sought out all of his engineering collaborators on his own. He dreamed up entertainments to raise monies through ticket sales."

The bare part of the arm - the forearm and hand are powerful and muscular, they were conceived as masculine. And the only thing that makes a statue а woman is а small tit on the right side. They could attach it later. It is not visible in the old images

596px-Presidential_dollar_coin_reverse.png
if you think those arms look powerful and muscular you need to hit the gym .

if you think those arms look powerful and muscular you need to hit the gym .

Muscular enough for a man who goes to the gym for functional sports, but not for striptease

Forum List

Back