Sorry Republicans, The Government isn't trying to kill Granny

"Whether it's tonsillectomies or hysterectomies ... procedures are done three times as frequently [in some parts of the country than others] and there's no benefit in terms of the health of the population. And by doing the right kind of cost-effectiveness, by making the right kinds of investments and protection, some experts ... estimate that we could take as much as $700 billion a year out of our health care system..."

Too bad Lawrence Summers of the Obama Traveling Circus and Euthanasia Brigade disagrees with the OP

You mean to tell me--that you're O.K. with some Washington D.C. beaurocrat telling your doctor what he can or cannot do for your health?-

Not me!

You mean that it is OK for some private insurance beaurocrat to tell your doctor what he can or cannot do for you? Yes, it is, because that is exactly where you are at.

so then there is absolutely no difference....someone saying yay or nay....just a different employer....private vs. fed...

question Robert....if someone gets a horrific disease that may cost a bunch to keep him going...is this NHC gonna stick with the guy or tell him how sorry they are but we cant continue to cover you.....unless of course you sign your house over to us....what will it be?

Wait up, Harry, why go as far as "a horrific disease that may cost a bunch ...," do you think the Obama-Politbureau might give us each a pliers?

A former soldier pulled his own teeth out with a pair of pliers because he could not find a dentist to take on NHS patients.
Iraq War veteran Ian Boynton could not afford to go private for treatment so instead took the drastic action to remove 13 of his teeth that were giving him severe pain.
The 42-year-old, from Beverley, East Yorkshire, had not had his teeth looked at since seeing the army dentist in 2003. He had not been registered with a dentist of his own since 2001. He said: 'I've tried to get in at 30 dentists over the last eight years but have never been able to find one to take on NHS patients.'
Man pulls out 13 of his own teeth with pliers 'because he couldn't find an NHS dentist' | Mail Online
This is at the end of the article, perhaps you didn't get that far.
>
A spokesman for NHS East Riding of Yorkshire said Mr Boynton's case gave an 'inaccurate scare-mongering picture of dental service provision in East Yorkshire based solely on the claims of one man'
The spokesman said: 'As well as 34 dental practices, we have seven dental access centres across East Riding of Yorkshire, including Beverley, where Mr Boynton could access a full range of NHS dentist services.
'So there is absolutely no reason why anyone should have to resort to pulling out their own teeth. NHS East Riding of Yorkshire has invested around £1 million in helping dentists target new patients. At many of our dental practices appointments are being offered to new patients within two weeks.
'Our local out-of-hours and Accident and Emergency Services would have both been able to give Mr Boynton details of how to access emergency/urgent dental services if he had approached them.'

Read more: Man pulls out 13 of his own teeth with pliers 'because he couldn't find an NHS dentist' | Mail Online

I like your work on this one, nice job.

No, that's not sarcasm.

The picture with the article showed this poor guy, sans teeth.

I'm tempted to say I believe the no-teeth evidence over the testimony of the NHS spokesman.

But I'll leave this case open.

But there is this:
"The survey of 5,200 patients for an NHS feedback body found 20% had refused treatment because of high cost and 6% had treated themselves at some point.

Most of those going private said they could not get NHS treatment locally. "

BBC NEWS | Health | Many 'cannot get NHS dental care'

And:
"New research from the University of Bristol shows that admissions for the surgical treatment of dental abscess have doubled in the last ten years despite the fact that these serious infections are preventable with regular dental care. The findings, published in the British Medical Journal today [30 May, BST], could reflect a decline of oral health, changes in access to dental treatment or changes in attitudes to dental care."
Lack Of Dental Care In The UK May Have Life-Threatening Implications

So, whadda ya think?

I received my first e-mail from a republican friend stating that the Obama administration is advocating Euthanasia. The lies continue!

I received my first e-mail from a republican friend stating that the Obama administration is advocating Euthanasia. The lies continue!
yeah yeah, sure sure
the dems never do anything like that, do they???
:rolleyes:

yeah yeah, sure sure

Are you joking? I can never tell with you, Dive.
dead serious
i've heard em all
how republicans were gonna make old people eat dog food
make kids starve

the dems are MASTERS of it

yeah yeah, sure sure

dead serious
i've heard em all
make kids starve

yep i remember when they said they were going to lose their social security if Georgy got elected....after he got elected they got a raise..

dead serious
i've heard em all
make kids starve

yep i remember when they said they were going to lose their social security if Georgy got elected....after he got elected they got a raise..
and lets not forget that ad the dems ran in MO

"if you elect republicans, black churches will burn"

killing old people to "save money" while they spend trillions on ham sandwhiches and toilets

the fucking disregard for human life that come from liberals is fucking despicable

look at this

TUESDAY, July 28 (HealthDay News) -- Antiviral drug treatment of swine flu may be wasted on the elderly and should be reserved for young people, suggest researchers who created a model of the effect of antiviral treatment on the spread of the H1N1 virus.

Save Swine Flu Drugs for Younger Patients, Study Urges - Yahoo! News

killing old people to "save money" while they spend trillions on ham sandwhiches and toilets

the fucking disregard for human life that come from liberals is fucking despicable

look at this

TUESDAY, July 28 (HealthDay News) -- Antiviral drug treatment of swine flu may be wasted on the elderly and should be reserved for young people, suggest researchers who created a model of the effect of antiviral treatment on the spread of the H1N1 virus.

Save Swine Flu Drugs for Younger Patients, Study Urges - Yahoo! News

I don't want for anyone to die, but let me tell you....it is a lot easier (emotionally) to pump on the chest of a 65 year old, than a 5 year old. Think about that. I'm 34 years old, and if it came down to my receiving the medication or one of my nieces receiving it, I would ride out the storm.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back