Sorry Republicans, The Government isn't trying to kill Granny

Here is the bottom line. Government will have to keep costs down if they want to keep the people enslaved to their healthcare scheme. To do that they are going to have to do two things.

Limit the amount of reimbursement to healthcare facilities and doctors. We all know what that will do;

and they will have to ration the amount and kind of treatment any individual can have access to.

I have one other question as I haven't read it in the bill that everyone is talking about.

Will the government indemnify itself from tort lawsuits while continuing to allow doctors to be sued?

Of course, they will use the methods that you have outlined to try to restrain costs, but history teaches us that it will not be possible:

In fact, every federal social program has cost far more than originally predicted. For instance, in 1967 the House Ways and Means Committee predicted that Medicare would cost $12 billion in 1990, a staggering $95 billion underestimate. Medicare first exceeded $12 billion in 1975. In 1965 federal actuaries figured the Medicare hospital program would end up running $9 billion in 1990. The cost was more than $66 billion.

In 1987 Congress estimated that the Medicaid Special Hospitals Subsidy would hit $100 million in 1992. The actual bill came to $11 billion. The initial costs of Medicare's kidney-dialysis program, passed in 1972, were more than twice projected levels.

The Congressional Budget Office doubled the estimated cost of Medicare's catastrophic insurance benefit — subsequently repealed — from $5.7 billion to $11.8 billion annually within the first year of its passage. The agency increased the projected cost of the skilled nursing benefit an astonishing sevenfold over roughly the same time frame, from $2.1 billion to $13.5 billion. And in 1935 a naive Congress predicted $3.5 billion in Social Security outlays in 1980, one-thirtieth the actual level of $105 billion.

Doug Bandow on Medicare on National Review Online

Here is the bottom line. Government will have to keep costs down if they want to keep the people enslaved to their healthcare scheme. To do that they are going to have to do two things.

Limit the amount of reimbursement to healthcare facilities and doctors. We all know what that will do;

and they will have to ration the amount and kind of treatment any individual can have access to.

I have one other question as I haven't read it in the bill that everyone is talking about.

Will the government indemnify itself from tort lawsuits while continuing to allow doctors to be sued?

Of course, they will use the methods that you have outlined to try to restrain costs, but history teaches us that it will not be possible:

In fact, every federal social program has cost far more than originally predicted. For instance, in 1967 the House Ways and Means Committee predicted that Medicare would cost $12 billion in 1990, a staggering $95 billion underestimate. Medicare first exceeded $12 billion in 1975. In 1965 federal actuaries figured the Medicare hospital program would end up running $9 billion in 1990. The cost was more than $66 billion.

In 1987 Congress estimated that the Medicaid Special Hospitals Subsidy would hit $100 million in 1992. The actual bill came to $11 billion. The initial costs of Medicare's kidney-dialysis program, passed in 1972, were more than twice projected levels.

The Congressional Budget Office doubled the estimated cost of Medicare's catastrophic insurance benefit — subsequently repealed — from $5.7 billion to $11.8 billion annually within the first year of its passage. The agency increased the projected cost of the skilled nursing benefit an astonishing sevenfold over roughly the same time frame, from $2.1 billion to $13.5 billion. And in 1935 a naive Congress predicted $3.5 billion in Social Security outlays in 1980, one-thirtieth the actual level of $105 billion.

Doug Bandow on Medicare on National Review Online
There is one constant in this universe.

Government will always make it costlier to do something.

question Robert....if someone gets a horrific disease that may cost a bunch to keep him going...is this NHC gonna stick with the guy or tell him how sorry they are but we cant continue to cover you.....unless of course you sign your house over to us....what will it be?

I was busy and didn't have a chance to see, never mind answer your question. Under new laws, Insurance Companies will no longer be able to throw you off for a pre-existing condition or throw you off anytime they feel like it basically.

What you're proposing is BS. Do you even have any evidence to back it up?

If Libruls Luv Canadian healthcare why don't Libruls go to Canada when they're sick?

If Conservatives love to start/defend the War in Iraq so much, why didn't they go over and fight in it?

Fucking hypocrite.

Obama is doing the fear mongering you twit .......

Financial crisis - trillions ....

Energy crisis - trillions ....

Environmental crisis - trillions ...

Healthcare crisis - trillions ......

Obama and the democrats systematically controlling any and every aspect of life in america, no matter how many and how much they have to destroy to achieve it - PRICELESS...... :clap2:

You should be thanking Bush and his uber-capitalist mates...they're the ones who got YOU into this mess. Not Obama...crying and whining about it won't change that FACT....

If Libruls Luv Canadian healthcare why don't Libruls go to Canada when they're sick?

If Conservatives love to start/defend the War in Iraq so much, why didn't they go over and fight in it?

Fucking hypocrite.

If Obama is against air raiding villages and killing civilians why is Obama air raiding villages and killing civilians?
Because he likes to bomb them from afar.....

Oh wait....He was against that, wasn't he?

Obama is doing the fear mongering you twit .......

Financial crisis - trillions ....

Energy crisis - trillions ....

Environmental crisis - trillions ...

Healthcare crisis - trillions ......

Obama and the democrats systematically controlling any and every aspect of life in america, no matter how many and how much they have to destroy to achieve it - PRICELESS...... :clap2:

You should be thanking Bush and his uber-capitalist mates...they're the ones who got YOU into this mess. Not Obama...crying and whining about it won't change that FACT....

Is CRA a Dem program or Republican?

Medicare?

Medicaid?

Social Security?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Fucking hypocrite.

If Obama is against air raiding villages and killing civilians why is Obama air raiding villages and killing civilians?
Because he likes to bomb them from afar.....

Oh wait....He was against that, wasn't he?

Uh huh. But he was for giving kids with asthma a breathalyzer

At this point, every single argument against Health Care Reform in general has been like this: (even Dude brought up the car one earlier)

$tmw-big.jpg

At this point though, trying to have a debate based on it's merits where people against reform don't bring up any false statements, half truths, plain out lies, and personal attacks is simply impossible. I don't know why you so called Conservatives are scared of this bill, is it more so because if it succeeds, it will most likely give Obama an automatic second term? Because it seems so to me at this point why some of you are opposing this, based off no facts, except so called "evidence" from people who benefit from the current status quo.

15,000+ people since late last year every single DAY are losing their health insurance, and it's not just from job loss either. Some of you may want to live in a world where the Health Insurance Companies and Drug Companies bottom lines are protected. I mean you sheep really don't seem to care at this point that the drug lobby has lobbied over ONE BILLION (1,000,000,000) dollars over the last ten years, buying politicians votes across the board. Even the plan Obama is proposing is a Capitalist bill, not one for the American people. Long ago, he told the single payer people to basically drop dead when it has been proven that single payer would overall improve the current health care system and economy.

We continue to fall in every health category, being around 50th in the average person's life span. 50TH in the world, but I guess all those other 49 countries, even if they have "socialized medicine" are not better huh? :eusa_eh:

Speaking of which, if you all want to call Government Run Health Care; "socialized medicine" then I get to call this current form of Health Care, "soul sucking" insurance. Just keep it up though, care more about Obama's poll numbers, or the 2010 elections. Believe it or not, I don't think single payer is a one a size fit all solution, however it would benefit more to have it along with HSAs, etc.

At this point though, my thoughts on the opinion on the partisan hacks who focus more on Obama than the actual Health Care Reform is something along the lines of this:

$avatar_3629.gif

At this point, every single argument against Health Care Reform in general has been like this: (even Dude brought up the car one earlier)

View attachment 7815

At this point though, trying to have a debate based on it's merits where people against reform don't bring up any false statements, half truths, plain out lies, and personal attacks is simply impossible. I don't know why you so called Conservatives are scared of this bill, is it more so because if it succeeds, it will most likely give Obama an automatic second term? Because it seems so to me at this point why some of you are opposing this, based off no facts, except so called "evidence" from people who benefit from the current status quo.

15,000+ people since late last year every single DAY are losing their health insurance, and it's not just from job loss either. Some of you may want to live in a world where the Health Insurance Companies and Drug Companies bottom lines are protected. I mean you sheep really don't seem to care at this point that the drug lobby has lobbied over ONE BILLION (1,000,000,000) dollars over the last ten years, buying politicians votes across the board. Even the plan Obama is proposing is a Capitalist bill, not one for the American people. Long ago, he told the single payer people to basically drop dead when it has been proven that single payer would overall improve the current health care system and economy.

We continue to fall in every health category, being around 50th in the average person's life span. 50TH in the world, but I guess all those other 49 countries, even if they have "socialized medicine" are not better huh? :eusa_eh:

Speaking of which, if you all want to call Government Run Health Care; "socialized medicine" then I get to call this current form of Health Care, "soul sucking" insurance. Just keep it up though, care more about Obama's poll numbers, or the 2010 elections. Believe it or not, I don't think single payer is a one a size fit all solution, however it would benefit more to have it along with HSAs, etc.

At this point though, my thoughts on the opinion on the partisan hacks who focus more on Obama than the actual Health Care Reform is something along the lines of this:

View attachment 7816

So the 15,000+ only started since Obama was elected?

I ran the numbers if it's been 15,000 since Clinton then there are 143MM uninsured.

Did you get the numbers from some ManMade global warming site?

View attachment 7815

View attachment 7816
You have got to be kidding Me. The Conservatives have come up with half-truths, lies and won't debate the merits?

I have yet to see any progressive, anywhere, address any of the valid questions brought up and when pushed on the issue, they obfuscate with half-truths and outright lies.

This isn't about keeping Mr. Obama from getting a second term. Its about destroying our healthcare system. And I'm not talking about insurance but the actual system itself.

So the 15,000+ only started since Obama was elected?

I ran the numbers if it's been 15,000 since Clinton then there are 143MM uninsured.

Did you get the numbers from some ManMade global warming site?

Ignorant Partisan Hack that you are.

PolitiFact | Obama claims 14,000 lose health insurance every day

Applying Holahan's calculations to the actual rise in unemployment from November 2008 to June 2009, we came up with 3.2 million people losing health coverage, or an average of 15,238 per day, so it is close to the 14,000 Obama cited.

Forum List

Back