Soooo...how will the new tax on gas effect you?

Well, it already costs $120 bucks to fill up my truck, vs. $60 3 years ago - so what the hell. I can live with another upteen cents a gallon.

Who's our leader these days?

It will cause me to increase my trip charge to customers for the first time in 4 years.

Of course I will still give a discount for Republicans.

We pay surcharges from UPS/FedEx and all freight shipments for fuel costs.
As well as our local deliveries.
2 years ago we were paying around $800 a week for gas...now..$13-$1400 a week.
We have assumed these costs without raising prices.
However...any more we are going to have to pass it on.

Obama said he wants to raise taxes on the oil companies. Mr. H
He doesn't realize that we the consumers pay for it, not the oil companies.
That means those taxes are going to be paid by us.
At the pump
At all stores, and all businesses.
Any delivery through mail be it ups,fed-x or USPS

Maybe if you buy a quart of motor oil. But with respect to gasoline prices- with market forces being what they are it's not practical that such taxes are able to be passed along to consumers.

Re: Obama's comment on oil company taxes- this is nothing new. It's been in his budget proposal since it's inception.

A word about these proposed "taxes". Obama speaks of rolling back provisions of the tax code- many of which were enacted 60 years ago.

Keep in mind that over 90% of the oil and natural gas activity generated in this country is done by independents - not multinational majors. Independents do not control the entire marketing loop (from drill bit to gas pump).

This thread, as I presumed, is lame and dead.

Maybe if you buy a quart of motor oil. But with respect to gasoline prices- with market forces being what they are it's not practical that such taxes are able to be passed along to consumers.

Re: Obama's comment on oil company taxes- this is nothing new. It's been in his budget proposal since it's inception.

All taxes are passed on to comsumers.
Gas and Oil are compaines.
All compaines collect taxes they do not pay taxes.

A word about these proposed "taxes". Obama speaks of rolling back provisions of the tax code- many of which were enacted 60 years ago.

Keep in mind that over 90% of the oil and natural gas activity generated in this country is done by independents - not multinational majors. Independents do not control the entire marketing loop (from drill bit to gas pump).

linky?

We all pay Fed and state taxes at the pump Mr. H
They up the taxes we the customer will pay for it.

No they're not ALL passed on to consumers.

Disallowing a legitimate expense as an offset to taxes is not in itself a tax.
This is of what Lord Obama speaketh.

And I'll reiterate- being involved in energy markets is not the same as selling pizzas.
A surtax on pizzas is easily passed along to pizza gobblers.
But there is no way in hell for an energy company- at any point of the marketing "loop" - to pass along increased tax liability that is borne of a negation in legitimate business deductions.

linky?

There is no link to your ignorance. You're a classic fail.

Ahh to be more accurate Obama wants to do away with some tax breaks that oil companies get.
Not exactly the same as a tax increase.

And any fuel increase will impact me very little as I only use about 1 tank of gas a month.
Only used 3/4 tank this month.

No they're not ALL passed on to consumers.

Disallowing a legitimate expense as an offset to taxes is not in itself a tax.
This is of what Lord Obama speaketh.

And I'll reiterate- being involved in energy markets is not the same as selling pizzas.
A surtax on pizzas is easily passed along to pizza gobblers.
But there is no way in hell for an energy company- at any point of the marketing "loop" - to pass along increased tax liability that is borne of a negation in legitimate business deductions.

linky?

There is no link to your ignorance. You're a classic fail.

do you really believe the costs will not be passed on to the consumer? do you recall the spike in food prices when gas went over the four dollar mark? did you read the comments about delivery costs increasing?

Won't a new tax just be negating some of the subsidies?
You Merkins don't know what you want.
But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process.
Oil Companies Reap Billions From Subsidies - NYTimes.com

did you just call me fat? :eek:

Not intentionally, but a quick search suggests that I might have called you a pubic wig!!!
Sorry about that.

Forum List

Back