"Sons of Guns" on Discovery Channel

It's the girl's strained cat scratch voice, combined with her haughty attitude, that grates on my nerves. :eusa_hand:

btw A suppressed shotgun doesn't make a lick of sense for either tactical or home defense.

Because you want the loud blast in order to frighten or scare off your enemy/attacker. :cool:

And a suppressed weapon is not really all that quiet either.

Have you ever been in an enclosed area with no ear protection when a weapon was fired off? The noise alone can have a momentary disorientating affect not to mention the fact that you won't be able to hear for a while afterwards. Any level of noise suppression in those conditions is more than appreciated.

I have. It is awful. I also have had an ear plug come out at the range (indoor) while a fellow emptied 30 rounds from a suppressed MP-5. Still a good deal of noise, damaging, but not near as bad as an unsuppressed weapon.

Has anyone watched this show? It's about a gunshop out in the Bayou called Red Jacket Arms. Last episode they featured a Congressional Medal of Honor winner and they fixed up a flamethrower for him and here was this guy who I believe was 80 getting all excited about using this flamethrower he had used in WWII.

I guess the draw for most men would be the attractive daughter named, Stephanie Hayden. She's a raven-haired girl who has been handling guns since she was 7. She's not just a pretty face, she's quite knowledgeable about guns and she has a business head. Kind of the business manager of the storefront.

I was surprised this show already has 2 million viewers and it became so popular so quickly.

Next episode is on Wednesday at 9 pm EST by me.

Never heard of it...thanks for the recommendation...I'll check out past episodes (live TV sucks)

I like this show.

I like all guns and shooting them is even more fun.

I also like the fact the star of the show is very patriotic.. :clap2::clap2:

Just watched an episode.
It could be a cool show. The guys need to be more comfortable with the cameras around, they need to just do what they do instead of trying to "act" like they do what they do.

Like Pawn Stars...the early episodes were choppy..uncoordinated. And then the four guys got use to the cameras and now it is a great show.

It's the girl's strained cat scratch voice, combined with her haughty attitude, that grates on my nerves. :eusa_hand:

btw A suppressed shotgun doesn't make a lick of sense for either tactical or home defense.

Because you want the loud blast in order to frighten or scare off your enemy/attacker. :cool:

We went in with suppressed weapons during urban warfare operations. Having a suppressed shotgun is one of those nice to have things when you're trying to kill the enemy rather then scare them.

Only in certain circumstances. We have a range here ware you can shoot them. They are still quite loud. Put it like this, if you shoot one in a house, everyone will hear it. And bullets make quite a bit of noise when they strike an object, and the action cycling is loud as hell to.

Well, yes, but the less noise the better when you're taking down a target. Shooting suppressed weapons feels like shooting a bb gun.

We went in with suppressed weapons during urban warfare operations. Having a suppressed shotgun is one of those nice to have things when you're trying to kill the enemy rather then scare them.

Only in certain circumstances. We have a range here ware you can shoot them. They are still quite loud. Put it like this, if you shoot one in a house, everyone will hear it. And bullets make quite a bit of noise when they strike an object, and the action cycling is loud as hell to.

Well, yes, but the less noise the better when you're taking down a target. Shooting suppressed weapons feels like shooting a bb gun.

It is defiantly cool. Its a combination of a loud thump and clackety clack noise. I would like to try a suppressed AK like the one they built in one of there episodes.

And a suppressed weapon is not really all that quiet either.

Have you ever been in an enclosed area with no ear protection when a weapon was fired off? The noise alone can have a momentary disorientating affect not to mention the fact that you won't be able to hear for a while afterwards. Any level of noise suppression in those conditions is more than appreciated.

I have. It is awful. I also have had an ear plug come out at the range (indoor) while a fellow emptied 30 rounds from a suppressed MP-5. Still a good deal of noise, damaging, but not near as bad as an unsuppressed weapon.

Must not have been very suppressed. The ones we had were suppressed MP-5s and it also cut down on the recoil so it was accurate as hell.

But we always wear hearing protection. They have headphones that block loud noises but you can talk to someone and not have to shout. You can get em some places for around $20.

Must not have been very suppressed. The ones we had were suppressed MP-5s and it also cut down on the recoil so it was accurate as hell.

But we always wear hearing protection. They have headphones that block loud noises but you can talk to someone and not have to shout. You can get em some places for around $20.

We were shooting an issue weapon of the Texas city S.W.A.T., sure, compared to a non suppressed MP-5 is is a whisper, but not so quiet as depicted in the movies. I am also not trained in the use of full auto weapons, they are and they are deadly accurate shooting full auto. The guns the shooting range has to offer are a suppressed HK-USP tactical and that is loud, a standard AK, and an M-4 standard. If you are ever in the Houston area, PM me and I will take you on a tour of destruction. Oh, and I cant stand the sound of gun fire. I wear mouse ears and ear plugs. I dont even hunt with guns anymore.

Last edited:

We were shooting an issue weapon of the Texas city S.W.A.T., sure, compared to a non suppressed MP-5 is is a whisper, but not so quiet as depicted in the movies. I am also not trained in the use of full auto weapons, they are and they are deadly accurate shooting full auto. The guns the shooting range has to offer are a suppressed HK-USP tactical and that is loud, a standard AK, and an M-4 standard. If you are ever in the Houston area, PM me and I will take you on a tour of destruction. Oh, and I cant stand the sound of gun fire. I wear mouse ears and ear plugs. I dont even hunt with guns anymore.

If you're firing inside a building you don't want to go full auto. You double-tap em. Two rounds in the head or center-mass and move on to the next target.

I've never seen an AK suppressed. It's easy to suppress an M-4.

Usually you want something that will knock em down but not send bullets through a couple of walls so 9mm is a good choice. 5.56 tends to go all over the place. You might hit friendlies. Also, using a shotgun to take out doors use #4 or #5 birdshot, not 00-buckshot.

I would love to go on a tour with you but figure the odds. It's been since oh, 90' since I've been to Texas. Went to Ft Sam Houston for phase 2 training. Drove through there a lot.

If you're firing inside a building you don't want to go full auto. You double-tap em. Two rounds in the head or center-mass and move on to the next target.

Usually you want something that will knock em down but not send bullets through a couple of walls so 9mm is a good choice. 5.56 tends to go all over the place. You might hit friendlies. Also, using a shotgun to take out doors use #4 or #5 birdshot, not 00-buckshot.

I would love to go on a tour with you but figure the odds. It's been since oh, 90' since I've been to Texas. Went to Ft Sam Houston for phase 2 training. Drove through there a lot.

My only training was in the Navy. So minimal. I am no tac-master, just like to blow money and have fun.

My only training was in the Navy. So minimal. I am no tac-master, just like to blow money and have fun.

"B" range...... :lol:

"B" range...... :lol:

:eusa_shhh:

I love this show.,and its cast..That being said,you have to remember that these people are not trained actors. They are real people (with real feelings). Some of of you are extremely judgemental of a lovely young woman. How would you feel if someone said these things about YOUR daughter? My mother always told me " If you dont have anything nice to say about someone,dont say anything at all". I guess your mothers never taught you that... I'm just saying.

Last edited:
Will Hayden has to be the biggest jerk on television. I like the mechanical aspects of the show, and respect his craftsmen, but he treats them like dogs. I am on the verge of giving it up.

:clap2:

I like the show but, Stephanie gets on my nerves too, her claims of knowing more about guns than most people that walk through their doors is BS. When a person has to brag how much they know in reality they know about a 1/4 of what they think they know.

Will seems like he knows his stuff, my only kick on him is he would be heck to work for with that smart mouth of his.

I'm ok with Stephanie, although she does tend to brag too much, but he is a world class jerk, who claims to strive to be worthy of the best craftsmen in the world. I have an idea, Will, treat them like humans instead of dogs.

Has anyone watched this show? It's about a gunshop out in the Bayou called Red Jacket Arms. Last episode they featured a Congressional Medal of Honor winner and they fixed up a flamethrower for him and here was this guy who I believe was 80 getting all excited about using this flamethrower he had used in WWII.

I guess the draw for most men would be the attractive daughter named, Stephanie Hayden. She's a raven-haired girl who has been handling guns since she was 7. She's not just a pretty face, she's quite knowledgeable about guns and she has a business head. Kind of the business manager of the storefront.

I was surprised this show already has 2 million viewers and it became so popular so quickly.

I don't watch much TV but I have a semi-crush on Stephanie.

Been watching it for months.

Boobs and guns....great combination.

The girl is basically checking the box. You draw in the guys with the guns and the boobs keeps them coming back.

Thats why opinions arent usualy worth anything cause you are dead wrong on thinking that all these men are watching this show because of a pretty girl on . Whenever you have a show about guns , building them and shooting them ,you are going to attract most men.

Will hayden is a real jackass ! I love the show but am getting realy tired of watching his short temper and him treating his employees like dirt. I understand that he is the boss and i know that they respect him but that doesnt give him the right to say and do the things he does on the show . If he talked like that to me over and over again , i would have to tell him to go get $%#$@!!!!!!

Awesome show! i checked out their website and some of the guns they've made on the show are available for sale, like the suppressed shotgun for $2600.

Thats a rip off unless it includes the cost of the NFA ticket too.

Its all a rip off! They modify guns, not MAKE them and the guns they use are out of Russia and dirty cheap(and that's how they shoot). They are making a killing. Buying those AK's and shotgun for 200 bucks each(and they are crap) and placing a 2 dollar suppressor on them and calling it a gun made by Red Jacket and slapping a $2600 price tag on it and folks think its American made. Saiga-12 is manufactured by the arms division of Izhmash, in Russia. I know how much they cost I was a former gun dealer. Its BS and Red Jacket ought to be ashamed to call themselves AMERICANS!!

Forum List

Back