Songs you appreciate more as you get older.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Maybe songs that you got tired of hearing during the radio overkill days, like Sweet Home Alabama and Gimme 3 Steps from Lynyrd Skynyrd or the Eagles Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane........This is a good question more for the over 50 gang, so I'll throw out a few that come to mind.

A bunch of Rolling Stones tunes were overplayed in the 70's so by the end of high school (1980) I almost hated them, and thought Keith Richards was the most overrated guitarist ever, but now I realize he was not only a good musician, but a great song writer and performer ( if he wasn't too 'ripped'). The Stones have so many great songs it's hard to pick one.

Last edited:
If you can sort of clear your mind and hear some songs as if it were the first time you ever heard them, you'd be surprised how much more you can appreciate some of them. It's like tasting food again when you quit smoking after 30 years.

Maybe songs that you got tired of hearing during the radio overkill days, like Sweet Home Alabama and Gimme 3 Steps from Lynyrd Skynyrd or the Eagles Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane........This is a good question more for the over 50 gang, so I'll throw out a few that come to mind.

A bunch of Rolling Stones tunes were overplayed in the 70's so by the end of high school (1980) I almost hated them, and thought Keith Richards was the most overrated guitarist ever, but now I realize he was not only a good musician, but a great song writer and performer ( if he wasn't too 'ripped'). The Stones have so many great songs it's hard to pick one.

1619670763714.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Aaron Tippin is awesome!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

The entire album of the final cut by pink Floyd. I have always had a deep love of them but as I've gotten older the final cut has really meant more to me.

And a lot of rolling stones songs also despite never being a huge fan.

Moonlight mile, and miss you.

Forum List

Back