Songs that bring you back to a different/better place and time

Who I would love to go see but could never afford the tickets ($150 per, last I saw) - this song is just perfection on the 'friend crush' front.

Listen to the opening.

Dad never had a new car, least not that I know of, car of choice though was a Rambler....til he couldn't get em anymore, Gone every morning by 5am, not home until 7pm

Last edited:

Dad never had a new car, least not that I know of, car of choice though was a Rambler....til he couldn't get em anymore, Gone every morning by 5am, not home unti 7pm

My dad was raised dirt poor, and promised himself someday he'd have a Cadillac. He did that, then got a Lincoln.

Sometimes I think he's never forgotten how far he came.

This song is for my mister, he has the same accent as these guys, northern England.

Also, the lead reminds me a bit of Tony Bennett.

Love this band, I have tix to see them. Tony Bennett though?

Hard to explain, just an impression I had the first 48 times I listened. Jealous on the tickets front! What's your favorite song by them?

Besides the one you posted:

also

Loved both, Lightning one more so though. His voice though. /sigh

Wore out this entire album. I used to sit in the living room as a kid with headphones on while everyone else watched tv or did whatever, I was listening to this and a few others on 8-track over and over.

Last edited:
Not enough 80s tunes in this thread. I was very young then but remember the songs from listening to the radio in the car while my dad drove me to the BMX tracks. The obvious one is Toto Africa so I'm gonna skip that and post these that I remember instead.

Another 8-track that was played too many times to remember.

Last edited:

Wore out this entire album.

I did the same with Neil Diamond, and my sister did with Carole King. We're only thirteen months apart, and we STILL hate each other's chosen artist of the time.

I can't even bring myself to share a Carole King song here.

So on another note, between ages 18-22 are pretty much a drunken blur. This is the song I played every single time we went to the Skyway Bar & Lounge, downtown Minneapolis.

Wore out this entire album.

I did the same with Neil Diamond, and my sister did with Carole King. We're only thirteen months apart, and we STILL hate each other's chosen artist of the time.

I can't even bring myself to share a Carole King song here.

So on another note, between ages 18-22 are pretty much a drunken blur. This is the song I played every single time we went to the Skyway Bar & Lounge, downtown Minneapolis.

Yeah the sibling rivalries and fights over the stereo, remember it well. My sister was all in with the Partridge Family. Uhhhg.

Baker Street by Jerry Rafferty is a must listen masterpiece!

Reminds me of a gf. Around the time this song was popular grunge and alternative took off and hair metal was history overnight.

Forum List

Back