CDZ Song of The South

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
So I don't know how but I was able to buy this movie on Amazon. Anyways, is there anybody else on here who was able to see this movie? If so, what did you think of it? Me personally, I think that a lot of people are just overreacting and that it's a really cute movie. :)

It was 'banned' because some found the concept of slaves singing while returning from the cotton fields offensive.

(I picked up a DVD of it last fall.)

They probably dont' care for Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel in this movie for the same reason.

They should have made it all cartoon characters.
They had no way of imagining that free speech, even or especially offensive speech would become criminalized in America. My advice to these deranged children is to grow the hell up before they suddenly find they've pushed too hard against the wrong people. They are following a path that has always led to mass graves in the past. The fools imagine that their hate will never consume THEM. It seems they rather enjoy the idea that those they disagree with can be destroyed or even killed.

They had no way of imagining that free speech, even or especially offensive speech would become criminalized in America. My advice to these deranged children is to grow the hell up before they suddenly find they've pushed too hard against the wrong people. They are following a path that has always led to mass graves in the past. The fools imagine that their hate will never consume THEM. It seems they rather enjoy the idea that those they disagree with can be destroyed or even killed.

What does that have to do with the topic though or what they said?

Apparently cancel culture has been happening longer than I've been alive. :rolleyes:

Amos and Andy, early 50s.

Basically a Black version of Jackie Gleasons The Honeymooners, later into made a cartoon version called the Flintstones.

Didn't like the way Blacks were portrayed, got canceled.

Apparently cancel culture has been happening longer than I've been alive. :rolleyes:

Basically a Black version of Jackie Gleasons The Honeymooners, later into made a cartoon version called the Flintstones.

It was sure popular on the radio.

I saw Song of the South as a kidlet. My little brother and I earned a buck between us and we trotted our happy asses down to the movie theater on the town square.

I thought it was a magical film and still love it. We had a large book of stories in that film and more that momma read to us most every day.

You can still buy it- not sure why.

I even liked the early movie Check and Double Check.

Tho it is likely banned now, considering the actors portraying Amos and Andy were in Blackface.

I even liked the early movie Check and Double Check.

Tho it is likely banned now, considering the actors portraying Amos and Andy were in Blackface.
You never do see any Al Jolson stuff like they used to replay.

I saw it in the theater. I figured it was never back in theaters, but was available for purchase.

Also, if I am not mistaken this film has not been banned. Disney has not re-released it due to fears of bad publicity. But the owner of the film holding it back is not the same as it being banned.

Forum List

Back