Sometimes women don't get what men do

I'm not talking about stupid things either although that's probably another thread.

I'm talking about practical things that men do that women don't get at first

When I first started dating my wife and we would walk around the city, she would always want to hold my hand as we walked and I would move her hand to the crook of my arm it kind of became a running battle for a while.

One day she asked my why I always do that and I told her that if anything ever happened where she might be in danger that her first instinct would be to grab my hand and arm tighter and I wouldn't be able to use both hands to protect her. Where as if her hand was on my arm I could use my arm to sweep her behind me and shield her and have both hands ready.

She laughed and continued to play the game of making me move her hand to my arm until one day a car jumped the curb and I was able to sweep her behind me quickly. Now she always walks with her hand in the crook of my arm and has for 20 years now.

Do any guys have more examples?
Honestly, it seems like you were being kind of extreme there.

This woman gets men.....and womansplains men to other women.....a good youtube series...

Indeed. :113:

I have a good friend who carries on his right side and is still having trouble after a few years training his fiance to walk on his left side, for the same reason.

Hasn't your friend got it half wrong ?

The one who needs protection must always be on the inside in a road situation .
Therefore your outside arm must be free which means you need to vary .

For either gender to understand the other removes the mystique of what attracts us

~S~

My wife is generally intelligent and insightful. Last year after a bike ride (I was riding by myself), I mentioned that I had ridden ten miles and it took me an hour. Asked how fast I was going (as a joke), she said something on the order of, I don't like math.

I find women are good at the details but often not so good at big picture stuff

I find women are good at the details but often not so good at big picture stuff
True. My wife couldn't accept the time frame that I posed for our financial future, and subsequently divorced me. She then went on to live life of want resulting in alcoholism and death, while I prospered and retained my health. My sister suffered a similar fate health wise.

My wife was an animal lover and thought that I should quit hunting because it bothered her that I killed animals.

My brother, a lifelong martial arts practitioner, was told by his new wife, who he met practicing (Aikido) that, "Now that we're married you don't have to practice Aikido anymore". He said that if he had known she was a control freak he wouldn't have married her. He didn't give up Aikido and they eventually divorced.

I'm not talking about stupid things either although that's probably another thread.

I'm talking about practical things that men do that women don't get at first

When I first started dating my wife and we would walk around the city, she would always want to hold my hand as we walked and I would move her hand to the crook of my arm it kind of became a running battle for a while.

One day she asked my why I always do that and I told her that if anything ever happened where she might be in danger that her first instinct would be to grab my hand and arm tighter and I wouldn't be able to use both hands to protect her. Where as if her hand was on my arm I could use my arm to sweep her behind me and shield her and have both hands ready.

She laughed and continued to play the game of making me move her hand to my arm until one day a car jumped the curb and I was able to sweep her behind me quickly. Now she always walks with her hand in the crook of my arm and has for 20 years now.

Do any guys have more examples?
Women never wear a proper coat in cold weather, and then we have to give up ours for them to wear while we freeze.

But I've outsmarted them. I keep several jackets in my vehicle. :lol:

True, but it is women that are more situationally aware than men ever will be.
I doubt that.

My wife grew up in a really safe place where there was virtually no crime. I grew up in the inner city among drug addicts , gangs and all the wonderful shit that comes with that and lived on the streets from the age of 14 to almost 17. I am always even to this day far more situationally aware than my wife

I doubt that.

My wife grew up in a really safe place where there was virtually no crime. I grew up in the inner city among drug addicts , gangs and all the wonderful shit that comes with that and lived on the streets from the age of 14 to almost 17. I am always even to this day far more situationally aware than my wife
I guess we need some women to weigh in on this. Situational awareness involves much more than perceiving danger. Women are much more "fly on the wall" aware than men. Lots of studies support this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back