Something needs to be done!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Appalachia The big white ghetto - The Week

Wow this exists? Have these people lost all hope? How can people not have the drive and ambition to advance in society? Is it a culture that fosters anti intellectualism? Something must be done! Call me a liberal, call me a Marxist but I am willing to fund a massive social program to brings these people into mainstream American culture. They will enjoy the Middle Class suburbs, Marvel Superhero Movies, Disney kids movies, comic books, video games, High Definition TVs, cell phones, and materialism.

Readings - Why Poverty Persists In Appalachia Country Boys FRONTLINE PBS

Even if a young person is watching a lot of TV, they're not necessarily imagining their future as being a doctor or a lawyer if they're coming from a really poor neighborhood. They're imagining themselves being like their aunt, the person next door, or maybe a teacher they admire. They structure their behavior to conform to "what people like us do."

Conformism! I hate conformism! It holds humanity back!

Appalachia The big white ghetto - The Week

Wow this exists? Have these people lost all hope? How can people not have the drive and ambition to advance in society? Is it a culture that fosters anti intellectualism? Something must be done! Call me a liberal, call me a Marxist but I am willing to fund a massive social program to brings these people into mainstream American culture. They will enjoy the Middle Class suburbs, Marvel Superhero Movies, Disney kids movies, comic books, video games, High Definition TVs, cell phones, and materialism.

It's the massive social programs in the first place that caused them to not have the drive and ambitions that they used to have.
They used to be a proud and innovative people despite that they were poor.
Johnson's program failed miserably.

Agree they are on disability , selling there lowertabs thanks liberals for making people lazy and content

Forum List

Back